Obama Lies

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:51 am
@old europe,
Nope. Obama is saying he is a Muslim...or maybe not.

Maybe he needs a better speaking coach.
old europe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:01 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

So he misspoke. That isn't exactly a lie, is it?

And going through your list, most of your points don't seem to be "lies" either. Like the statement about "bitter" gun owners. That's something you or the author of the diatribe don't agree with. Fine.

That hardly makes it a lie.

I think you're hurting your own credibility when you're posting this crap that you got somewhere on the internet.

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:06 am
@old europe,
I can see that you would prefer me to post things favorable to your candidate, Oblama, from "somewhere on the internet" like you and the other Dummycratic tools on A2K do.

However, I am glad to see that since you say "most of your points don't seem to be lies", that you must feel that there are some points that ARE lies.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:08 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

He didn't have a teleprompter when he spoke with little George.

VIDEO
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:10 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

I can see that you would prefer me to post things favorable to your candidate, Oblama, from "somewhere on the internet" like you and the other Dummycratic tools on A2K do.

However, I am glad to see that since you say "most of your points don't seem to be lies", that you must feel that there are some points that ARE lies.

What I prefer or don't prefer has nothing to do with this thread.

You started a thread titled "Obama lies", but than post a list of smears, of statements where he misspoke, and of points where you simply disagree with him and call all of them "lies".

Pity.

I don't think your thread has any merit. You're not interested in discussing statements that could be controversial. It's a pathetic attempt of smearing a candidate.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:15 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

You started a thread titled "Obama lies", but than post a list of smears, of statements where he misspoke,
and of points where you simply disagree with him and call all of them "lies".

Pity.
There are a few "lies" threads with different names that do the exact same thing.

These other threads don't have any merit.
The original posters are not interested in discussing statements that could be controversial.
The threads are nothing more than pathetic attempts at smearing a candidate.
Woiyo9

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:16 am
@old europe,
These are NOT my quotes. Take issue with the author.

I agree with the points made by the author and this site is no different than the articles you post regarding "Palin Lies/McCain Lies".

I know it is impossible for you to be objective. Too bad Old Man.

Go back to posting on the Happy Oblama Sites then.
nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:25 am
@Woiyo9,
I welcome a thread to scrutinize any lies Obama made as counterpart to my threads on Palin and McCain's lies.

But here's a tip: if you want to uncover lies credibly, it helps to literally quote the alleged lie, rather than paraphrase what you think Obama said in your own words; to not misquote him and therewith end up lying yourself; to prove what he said wrong by laying out and sourcing the specifics, rather than just asserting it a lie; and to leave it at that, rather than including personal put-downs and the like. (The latter is a beef of mine with some of the liberal fact-checks of McCain's and Palin's lies too, but I solved that by just snipping the offending parts).

Mind you, I'm sure not every single of the seventy-something alleged lies you listed fail all of these standards. Just that most of them fail most.

What, for example, are we supposed to do with things like this?

Woiyo9 wrote:

32.) I Won Michigan - LIAR, no you didn’t.

Where did Obama ever say that he "won Michigan"? Sounds rather implausible, and at the moment all we have to go on is your say-so (or the say-so of whoever originally wrote this list).

Woiyo9 wrote:
33.) I won Nevada - LIAR, no you did not.

Hillary won the Nevada race in terms of the popular vote, but Obama won the most delegates. Who "won"? You can argue either, depending on the metric you choose. Where's the lie?

(Do I need to remind you that Gore won the popular vote in 2000, but nevertheless didn't "win" the elections?)

Woiyo9 wrote:
35.) I Want Americans To Decide - LIAR, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.

Far as I know - but you're free to actually bring a source or quote proving me wrong - Obama has not said he prefers either caucuses or primaries. The Democratic primaries consist of both, and Obama prepared for both. Hillary's campaign decided early on to focus on the big state primaries and invest little time or funding in the caucus states, and so Obama won most of the caucuses. This is not a question of him "preferring" one or the other, just of preparing for the elections as they were. The pros and cons of caucuses per se, meanwhile, have nothing to do with the assertion of any alleged lie by Obama.

Woiyo9 wrote:
41.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - LIAR, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

Phil de Vellis, the guy who made the ad, was not an Obama "campaign worker". He did work for an IT company that handled Obama's website, and he once lived with an Obama staffer.

De Vellis did indeed say that he made "the ad on his Apple in one afternoon"; and the Obama campaign said that it had been the guy's personal initiative , undertaken in his spare time, without consultation or approval of the campaign. A lie? Who knows - do you have any actual evidence that it wasnt, or are you just asserting so?

Woiyo9 wrote:
43.) I Inspire People With My Words - LIAR, you inspire people with other people’s words.

What does this even mean? Obama has speechwriters, like all presidential contenders, but he wrote some of his major speeches (like the one on race earlier this year) himself. Moreover, he wrote two bestselling books. Himself. So what does this even mean? What is the lie?

Woiyo9 wrote:
58.) I never heard sermons like Rev. Wright’s, that have been in videos all day, You Tube - LIAR! 3 days later during your Mea Culpa BS speech you said “Did I hear controversial statements while I sat in that church? Yes I did.”

Obama said that he had, of course, heard controversial statements at the church, but that he hadnt heard the kind of things that were in the videos. True or not? Considering noone has been able to place him in the church during those specific sermons, it might well be true, who knows? What is for sure is that this point here, as phrased, definitely does not identify any lie - it's not even a contradiction.

Woiyo9 wrote:
61.) My wife didn’t mean America is ignorant, she was just using a phrase - LIAR. Again, MicHELLe’s comments perfectly sync with Wright’s, Meeks’, and Farrakhans, both in language, anger, and direction.

This is not fact-checking, this is just bloviating. Opinionating. You may feel, personally, that what he said cant possibly be true and that in reality, she is just like Wright and Farrakhan - but that's nothing more than a feeling, a personal opinion.

Well, et cetera. As supposed fact-checks go, this is pretty pathetic. It's little more than an angry rant.
old europe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:26 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
These are NOT my quotes. Take issue with the author.

You posted them. If you post any kind of crap you can find somewhere, I'll certainly address you.

Woiyo9 wrote:
I agree with the points made by the author and this site is no different than the articles you post regarding "Palin Lies/McCain Lies".

The other thread mentioned occasions where those candidates either deliberately lied or at least stretched the truth far enough to make it a lie.

McGentrix started a similar thread about Obama.

Your thread takes a statement by Obama like "So I said, ‘Well, you know, when you’re bitter you turn to what you can count on" and calls it a lie.

If you can't see the difference, it speaks rather poorly about you.

Woiyo9 wrote:
I know it is impossible for you to be objective. Too bad Old Man.

You're not even trying to have an objective discussion.

Blind partisanship.

Sad.
old europe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:32 am
@nimh,
Nicely done, nimh.

You actually put effort into this....
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:34 am
"Change" can be another word for lies.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:37 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
There are a few "lies" threads with different names that do the exact same thing.

Nope. I posted the other threads, and I did not post instances of where Palin or McCain simply misspoke; and I did not post instances where I simply disagreed with them and called those "lies".

If you think I did do that, feel free to point out the specific instances on those threads.

There's fact-checks, and there's mere opinionating. If you feel any of my posts crossed the line between those two things, do respond to them to lay out the specifics. The points in this thread's list, meanwhile, are overwhelmingly in the latter category.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:40 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama says he would delay rescinding President Bush's tax cuts on wealthy Americans if he becomes the next president and the economy is in a recession, suggesting such an increase would further hurt the economy.

Well, that would certainly be a decision I'd strongly disagree with. You could even label it a flip-flop compared to his previous statements. But where is there a lie?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:46 am
@old europe,
Here's McGentrix's thread - definitely the more promising one:

http://able2know.org/topic/121899-1
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:42 am
The conservatives just do not understand what the word "ethics" means. They also stretch the truth and lies about Obama, because they haven't done their "real" homework on McSame and Palin.

nimh does his homework with thoroughness, and his credibility is way above any of the conservatives on this thread. Have they responded to his findings yet?

I dare say, they won't.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:51 am
@nimh,
You should be employed by his campaign as you are great at making excuses for Oblama.
nimh

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:37 pm
@Woiyo9,
Eh. Dont blame me if your talking points dont stand up to basic scrutiny. Many of the allegations you posted just dont hold up if you spend even the most cursory time on checking them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:42 pm
@Woiyo9,
Funny! You're already "employed" by the McCain/Palin team; continues the lies and innuendos that do not hold up to scrutiny.
parados

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:54 pm
Quote:
35.) I Want Americans To Decide - LIAR, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.

An interesting take on caucuses. Caucuses do NOT force a public vote. My caucus had a secret ballot for President.
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
76) “I am the only candidate who isn’t taking a dime from Washington lobbyist” - LIAR- The record shows quite the opposite. According to USA Today, Obama’s campaign fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show. Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million for the Illinois senator’s presidential race. Employees of their firms have given Obama’s campaign $2.26 million, a USA TODAY analysis of campaign finance data shows.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-15-obama_N.htm

LIAR!!!
0 Replies