What's this orange stuff coming out of my nose???

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:51 am
Just had a couple of drips of bright orange watery fluid from my nostril! Looks like orange juice (I havn't drunk any recently).

I've had a bit of sinusitis and am taking Amoxycillin at the moment to clear it up.

Am I dying or what?

mismi

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:00 am
@Dorothy Parker,
maybe it is just watery mucus with a little blood in it. I can't think of what else it might be. I hope you feel better soon DP. Take care of you!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:32 am
@Dorothy Parker,
weird!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:39 am
@Dorothy Parker,
probably just bad coke.

( kidddding!)

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:40 am
@Dorothy Parker,
what isin bloom where you live?
Anything with odd color pollen?

what about dust? Are you in a very dusty room?

Did you sleep under a fan?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:51 am
@Dorothy Parker,
Hiya.

Not sure what's in bloom at the moment but it's so rainy here I don't think it could be pollen.

It's too bright to be blood. It's the colour of Sunny D!

Not sniffed any coke recently.

Hope it's not brain fluid.

Thanks anyway guys.

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:53 am
@Dorothy Parker,
My room is no dustier than usual and not slept under a fan.
Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:39 am
@Dorothy Parker,
hey DP

sounds like blood and blocked sinus gunk... red and yellow = orange.

nope girl.... t'aint yer brains - do some steam inhalations and see if you can try and clear the sinuses... antibiotics should kick in soon.

(horrible horrible pain.... hope you feel better quick).
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:53 am
Dorothy - I'd call the doctor that prescribed the antibiotics first thing in the morning and ask about it. Unless it continues in quantity today, in which case I'd be calling today!

Seems several have asked about this on the internet, but I can't find where anyone has answered.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGLJ%2CGGLJ%3A2006-31%2CGGLJ%3Aen&q=orange+fluid+nose
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:58 am
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/130020

This site is saying some dyes from food or drink could be the cause...
caribou

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:01 am
@caribou,
Acute sinus infection
In addition to nasal congestion, expect to see discolored mucus (yellow, green, or occasionally more delightful colors. Brilliant orange, that was my personal favorite), facial pain, facial pressure, and an overall crappy feeling (malaise). Fever is uncommon in adults.
http://boogerz.blogspot.com/2006/09/when-is-it-more-than-cold.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:09 am
Sounds like blood to me! Get it checked by a doctor.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:17 am
http://www.steadyhealth.com/Need_help___dark_orange_mucus_coming_out_of_my_nose__t63112_st70.html

Sounds like sinusitis, which should be treated with an antibiotic before you have
a brain abscess.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:30 am
@Miller,
Many thanks everybody. That was very helpful. Had a couple more drops today but am feeling a bit better.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:32 am
@Miller,
Miller, Exactly my concern. I remember reading about infections in the nose affecting the brain. That's something I wouldn't fool with on my own without a doctor's diagnosis.
Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Bloody hell. My anti biotics have finished now and I do feel better but what are the symptoms of a brain abcess?
mabu

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 02:20 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
what are the symptoms of a brain abcess, i recently had a series of very very bright orange stuff just like suny d, i serious folks please reply.
mabu

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 02:21 pm
@mabu,
PLEEEEEEEAASSSSSSE
Dorothy Parker

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 11:46 am
@mabu,
not had it since, mabu. Think I'm ok. Unless it's just gettin bigger and bigger in there .......
scottwasinski

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 02:06 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
Yes you are dying. Nobody gets out of here alive (except Enoch and Elijah)! LOL. I just had the same thing recently, that's why I found your post. I just figure they over spiced the grid with chem trails or cell phone usage has caused a cancerous tumor that has to drain. Don't worry (unless you aren't saved).
0 Replies