Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 08:52 am
Well, I guess it was inevitable. Once again we are bickering with each other. Once again we can not just argue points but we must show how our opponents ideology is not just wrong but fundamentally evil. We are sure OUR side is right. It must be right. It has always been right. And this election, once again, is about proving how right we are.

Republicans: You won in 2000. You won in 2004. You saw these as vindication of your ideology. No matter what has gone wrong over the last 8 years, nothing was ever your fault. You still blame every failure on the Democrats, the Liberals or some other The that you can conjure up whenever you want to avoid responsibility for your decisions. Your ideology cannot possibly be wrong, it is just that the people you chose to implement it didnt do it right. No matter how wrong your party has been, they are still more right than those evil Democrats. So now you want us to believe that you deserve another shot. This time you will get it right. As Senator Obama said, it is time for you to own your failures.

Democrats: You continue to be afraid of the Republicans. You continue to believe that people are gullible and afraid. You have no faith in your ideas. You project too much power onto your opponents and underestimate the mood of the nation. You think you have to play their game to win. Obama has figured this out but the rest of you have not. He has already successfully made them play defense. They are already playing the game on your terms. Dont panic. And for heavens sake dont give them any more ammunition to see themselves as victims of The Left.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 5,814 • Replies: 80

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:19 am
@FreeDuck,
Freebuck, Truth and obvious change from good to destitute will not change the conservative mind; they still believe in their party politics. They have now gone so far as to believe a unknown radical from Alaska who also lies to the American People is the best choice for VP.

It is beyond our control, because the American electorate would rather suffer the consequences of incompetence and the mismanagement of our country over what is right.

I just wonder how many conservatives who continue to support McCain/Palin have lost their jobs and homes, and are not suffering from the higher cost of fuel and food?

They want more of the same for more Americans; there's no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
@FreeDuck,
No, I'm talking about the larger issues. Sarah Palin talking in her first public talk the other day about "smashing the glass ceiling" and extolling Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro, and then the audience erupting in wild applause. As if they weren't the group that was the main opposition to women's rights over the years, including the Equal Rights Amendment, abortion rights, equal pay for equal work, and so on. Or the audience erupting in cheers last night when Palin referred to her husband as a "proud member of the United Steelworkers Union," as if the people in the hall weren't the principle opposition to unions in this country, both in the legislatures and in the corporate board rooms. And, last but not least, Palin shamelessly exploiting her Down's Syndrome baby to make an appeal to that "interest group" (parents of special needs children) and claiming that she would be their "friend and advocate" in the White House, as if the entire Republican philosophy was not to cut any kind of government assistance and to eliminate any possibility of universal health care, both of which would benefit such people.

It's almost enough to make you vote for a Democrat.
http://lefti.blogspot.com/

Let me add my succinct comment.
Who ever vote the candidates who represent the 8 years misbehaviour( mildest word in my dic) of the government are those who care a jot of humanity or decency.
Rama
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:37 am
@Ramafuchs,
Rama, It goes way beyond that! They are masochists and idiots when the evidence all around them are imploding.
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
C I .
once again my regards to you.
Just now I read an article under the title

God Does Love the Republicans
where in one reader hs this view

"How can christian-evangelicals vote for a political party that killed 1.2 million iraqui people in the war on Irak?
i just don’t understand how can a Bible-reader support genocide, and mass murder?
hmmmm explain to me please, i just don’t get it how can people at churches support Republican mass murderers?
Either they don’t read the Bible, or those evangelical right-wing churches are not authentic christian churches."

If you are interested please spend 10 minutes. Here is the link
http://www.bestcyrano.org/THOMASPAINE/?p=922#more-922
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Rama, It goes way beyond that! They are masochists and idiots when the evidence all around them are imploding.

How absolutely telling that the liberal posters here all talk about the disastrous results of Republican rule and no one gives a single example. This is precisely what I'd expect of you. I would bet that 90% of your accusations wouldn't stand up under calm, objective scrutiny. But, then, you don't do calm, objective scrutiny when you argue, do you? You do name calling, mocking, and change of subject.
FreeDuck

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:54 am
@Brandon9000,
Ok, let me ask you Brandon. Do you support McCain because you believe that he can change Washington? If so, what is it you think he needs to change.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:58 am
@FreeDuck,
I support McCain because he shares, in large measure, my beliefs. One example would be that the invasion of Iraq was the correct policy, based on what was known when it occurred, and that when a similar situation (an aggressive dictatorhip apparently researching nuclear and biological weapons) occurs again, we should do about the same thing.
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:10 am
@Brandon9000,
How absolutely telling that the liberal posters here all talk about the disastrous results of Republican rule and no one gives a single example
Except a handful of few in this globe that Iraq war is banal, barbaric without basic civility.
No proof is necessary.
In 8 years USA had lost many jobs world image,.
No proof is necessary. a cursory search in google will give flood of resons.
Defend the question raised by the author of this thread- namely change in washington. How? Why he had not made for the last 20 year4s.
Regards sir
Rama
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:13 am
@Ramafuchs,
"No proof is necessary....Google it."

Yeah, that's about the quality of proof I'd expect from you.
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Why you are fed up with google sir.
My boss( a law professor) use google to check the legal decisions regularly
Back to the subject. Why this candidate waited untill he reach the age of 72 to be an aspirant of White house dweller( call it C-In-C or PRESIDENT)

"Now, if you asked me do I think Obama would be less harmful than McCain, I would answer yes.
In the sense that liver biopsy is better than root canal
And I do grant that at the least, and this about all I will grant, his black face is the first genuine or authentic black face in US politics (well, maybe Marian Berry). Yes, I do. But again, why do people accept an elite class telling them what to do? Why is there a nostalgia for the Romanovs, or for a Kiplingesque colonial landscape? Why? One sees countless reflections of this in popular culture, certainly. The nostalgia for colonial empire is reflected in every Harry Potter spinoff one can find, and certainly in films like Sex & the City or even Dark Knight. The rich are deserving of our attention, and the rich are what *we* wish we could be. A list of top political figures, Rudy Giuliani, Dick Cheney, the Bushes, Kerry, Romney, Biden, Clinton, Gore, McCain; what do they share? They share extreme wealth."
http://www.bestcyrano.org/THOMASPAINE/?p=881#more-881
parados

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:56 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
How absolutely telling that the liberal posters here all talk about the disastrous results of Republican rule and no one gives a single example. This is precisely what I'd expect of you. I would bet that 90% of your accusations wouldn't stand up under calm, objective scrutiny.

Let's see.. I'll make a simple list to start with...
1. We have an administration that thinks secrecy is good in a democracy. It refuses to submit to oversight in almost every instance.
2. The politicization of the hiring and firing in the Justice Department
3. A go it alone approach to the world that has alienated much of the world and squandered any good will we got in response to terrorist attacks.
4. A foreign policy that allowed North Korea if not drove them into reactivating their reactor and testing a nuclear device. They were years if not decades away from any centrifuge project that could produce enough fissile material.
5. Torture or the perception of torture.
6. Invasion into the medical decisions of individual families to the point where the President is willing to fly to DC to sign legislation to do just that.
7. Corruption by the Republicans when they were in power, including attempts to discourage and prevent investigations of that corruption. (Any party that stays in power for too long is subject to this.)
8. Going to war but not being willing to pay for it with taxes or even ask the citizens for any sacrifice.
9. An economic policy that failed when Reagan tried it and is failing again.
parados

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:57 am
@Brandon9000,
So when did you or the Bush administration promote us invading North Korea? Your standards are not standards it seems Brandon. Your beliefs are nothing more than ideology.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 12:40 pm
@parados,
Quote:
9. An economic policy that failed when Reagan tried it and is failing again.

Not only that, but they want four more years of it - and even, maybe, eight more years. Some people like to bash themselves to death.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
@Brandon9000,
Ok, so youre not about change. You think we are more or less on the right track and want to stay on it. In some ways I can admire that more than those who seriously by that McCain will somehow be a change agent.
Thomas

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 03:01 pm
@FreeDuck,
Note to self: Bicker with FreeDuck about this evil and un-American thread she just started.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 03:02 pm
@FreeDuck,
I cant believe that any one who can read would think that the Regan and Bush forms of government works. Trickle down is voodoo economics and anyone who isent brain dead would realize that Regan and Bush have done more too make the US a second rate country than any president we have ever had. Like rama said gogle it and learn something instead of spouting conserative dogma.
This rant was for Brandon.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 03:06 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Got it - don't vote for anyone with money.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 03:10 pm
@parados,
I have covered this question on the board ad nauseum, albeit not recently. North Korea already has nukes, so it's simply to late to invade. One cannot invade a country that has nuclear weapons except in the most extreme circumstances, since, if you do, they may use their bombs on your troops or on one of your allies. It was to stop Iraq from attaining this level of near invulnerability that we invaded. Come on, this is obvous stuff.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 03:17 pm
@rabel22,
Well, it would be interesting to really assess our current economic situation, and compare it to our situation under various previous Democratic and Republican administrations. The jobless rate is about what it was when I was growing up. Inflation is relatively low. I seem to recall that it was once 13% under Carter. I really don't know what you'd find if you compared the economy under the past five Democratic and the past five Republican administrations.

Anyway, success with an economy as much an issue of competence as ideology. A new Republican administration could be either more or less competent with the economy. I certainly don't think that a tax and spend philosophy will help. Republicans want to drill for oil domestically to create more domestic supply. That's got to be good.