A2K NFL Pick 'Um for Season V (Roman Numeral for 5)

Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:12 am
Are you logged into yahoo under the correct user?
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:15 am
@Rockhead,
You are in the league. You must be using the wrong name, as RH suggests.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:16 am
@Rockhead,
He deleted the post and is going to the fantasty football thread, but if somebody could help him there. (He's just learning how to do this stuff.)
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:19 am
@Foxfyre,
I emailed from Yahoo, hoping he can backtrack.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:20 am
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Maporsche proves that he belongs here by making the incorrect pick in the game already played. That is cool!
cut him some slack, jack -- he just got here...

our tv set will be begging for mercy by about midnight tonight:
..... pates-chiefs
..... jets-'phins
..... sawx
..... tennis
ElStudHoncho

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:31 am
The Fighting Gerbils once again have conquered hardship..........we backed into it. All is ok now......hopefully. Thanks
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:38 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
Maporsche proves that he belongs here by making the incorrect pick in the game already played. That is cool!
cut him some slack, jack -- he just got here...

Okay. Forget I wrote that.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:46 am
@realjohnboy,
Besides, he is in a pretty special group with that. And we're tickled to get him. Smile
CowDoc

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:22 am
@Foxfyre,
I made one more effort to recruit the Miz, but she says she's sitting this season out. We'll reserve the right for her to get on board later should she change her mind. Not that a woman would ever do such a thing...........
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:23 am
It is the group of talented, beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, cute and athletic people in here!

Or so I've been telling people so we can get someone else to play .... Cool
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:35 am
Looking at the picks of the latest players to join, Maporsche agrees with the majority of us here-for what that is worth. Mysteryman strays a bit, joining ElStud as the only other player to choose the Houston TEXANS over the Steelers, and, along with Rockhead, Fbaezer and Alex, the only picker of Cleveland over Dallas.
Half hour to go. 21 players here. 9 early (1pm ET) games.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
Good afternoon to everyone. So the early games are over with. 10 games done so far.
So put on your helmets, tighten the chin straps and gird your loins.
"Gird your loins" is a phrase that goes back in our family a long time. My dad remembered his grand-dad using it. If I weren't a dumb redneck with no pedigree, "Gird your loins" would be on our family crest. In Latin, of course. Can you help, George?
But, I digress.

Through the early games, Rockhead, Jespah, Ragman, Fbaezer and Cowdoc have picked 8 of the 10 games correctly. Osso and Wandeljw are at 7. No one of the rest of us gets the dunce cap.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
Oh, you mean we were supposed to pick WINNERS before??????????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 03:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
Checking the scores, I'm seeing some pleasant surprises. So far. (Just because I select a team doesn't mean I actually expect them to win.. I might just think that it's possible.) For example, I've tended to like Buffalo, but chose against them this time..

0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
a redneck with no pedicure wrote:
"Gird your loins" is a phrase that goes back in our family a long time. My dad remembered his grand-dad using it. If I weren't a dumb redneck with no pedigree, "Gird your loins" would be on our family crest. In Latin, of course. Can you help, George?

Accingite lumbos vestros
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:39 am
@realjohnboy,
Only 2 games left for Week #1. I think I have 10 correct picks, so far. Does that agree with your data, RJB? (I may have miscounted.)
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:40 am
@wandeljw,
You're probably right Wandel.

I personally have been afraid to even check mine. Smile
wandeljw

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:42 am
@Foxfyre,
Thanks, Foxfyre. Don't be worried, RJB's thread is entertainment only.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:51 am
@wandeljw,
Yes and I am enjoying it immensely. Which does not at all change the fact that I have been afraid to check where I am this week and that has nothing at all to do with worry. Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:19 pm
Mediocre. That is the word to describe our performance in Week #1 so far. Eight of us @ 8-6; one @ 7-6; and four @ 7-7. Three of us racked up more losses than wins. One @ 5-8 and two @ 6-8.
Jespah, Wandeljw and Ragman are at a more respectable 10-4 with the two games remaining for tonight. Fbaezer and Cowdoc are at 9-5.
The 10-4 threesome all have picked GB and DEN so it looks like the tiebreaker will kick in with the 1st deciding factor being total points. Jespah has 27, Ragman has 37 and Wandejw is stuck in the middle with 30. Fbaezer also has GB and DEN so he can not advance. Cowdoc has MN and DEN. So a MN win would get him into a tie. He has 38 total points.
I will post the winners around this time tomorrow along with the schedule for Week #2.