A2K NFL Pick 'Um for Season V (Roman Numeral for 5)

JPB

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:29 am
@Miz Cowdoc,
HEY!!!! Miz Doc has her own login. Vera, vera cool.

Hiya, T -- hope you're doing well.
lmur

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:35 am
@mysteryman,
One pick short, MM. Cinci-Giants I think.....

mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:46 am
@lmur,
Your right, I did miss that one.

Giants
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 07:38 am
Miz Cowdoc: Please predict the actual final score in the last game, as in San Diego ___ - NY Jets ___. Thank you.
Back in a bit.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 08:45 am
@realjohnboy,
Good morning
We have 20 players thus far. I am still hoping to hear from Sublime1. Maporsche seems to be missing from A2K and Edgar has other things on his mind.

There are two games in which we are unanimous. All of us have NE and TN. In three games, we are 19-1. Buffalo, NY Giants and Baltimore get the nod from all but Miz Cowdoc (Oakland), Region (Cincy) and Mysteryman (Cleveland).
We are relatively evenly split on the Pitt-Philly and Dallas-Green Bay games.

Rockhead wins the consistentcy award, agreeing with the majority on all 16 games. Johnboy, Osso, El Stud and Cowdoc agree with the masses in all but 1 game.
At the other extreme are Fbaezer and Miz Cowdoc who disagree with the majority on 6 and 8 games, respectively. They evidentally are under the impression that if they make bad bets, we will bail them out by buying up their losses.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 08:59 am
@realjohnboy,
One last call. New players are still very welcome.
realjohnboy wrote:

Here is the schedule for Week #3:

Kansas City (0-2 this season) @ Atlanta (1-1)
Oakland (1-1) @ Buffalo (2-0)
Cincy (0-2) @ NY Giants (2-0)
Miami (0-2) @ New England (2-0)
Houston (0-1) @ Tennessee (2-0)
Tampa Bay (1-1) @ Chicago (1-1)
Arizona (2-0) @ Washington (1-1)
Carolina (2-0) @ Minnesota (0-2)
Detroit (0-2) @ San Francisco (1-1)
St Louis (0-2) @ Seattle (o-2)
New Orleans (1-1) @ Denver (2-0)
Pittsburgh (2-0) @ Philadelphia (1-1)
Cleveland (0-2) @ Baltimore (1-0)
Jacksonville (0-2) @ Indianapolis (1-1)

Those are the Sunday afternoon games. Sunday night:
Dallas (2-0) @ Green Bay (2-0)
Monday Night:
New York Jets (1-1) @ San Diego (0-2) (I need the final score in that game as the tiebreaker).

This little game has been set up with the assumption that yall have real lives. The scoring/standings do not penalize players for neglecting to pick a couple of games or for missing an entire week or two. We are still welcoming new players. Please consider joining us.

bump
[/quote]
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:30 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
I am still hoping to hear from Sublime1

My intuition tells me that Sublime is unconscious or maybe semi-conscious right now.(The Chicago Cubs clinched their division title yesterday.) Smile
JPB

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:32 am
@wandeljw,
Laughing
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 12:48 pm
@mysteryman,
Mysteryman, as some of yall know, is a firefighter. Here in rural VA, we still have volunteer fire departments. I can be in the local hardware store or even in Kroger, and I will hear cell phones beep and some employees will quite quickly leave.
That is changing as urban sprawl spreads into my area. Not enough volunteers; too many buildings. The VFD is still crucial but not sustainable.
A couple or three years ago I was building a 5-unit town house project on the edge of my property. One Sunday morning I woke up to see 2 fire trucks in the driveway. I was a bit alarmed.
The lead person explained that they tried to monitor all new construction. Where are the driveways, where are the nearest fire hydrants, where are the gas cut-off valves, where are the bedrooms. All of that gets put into a computer that someone on the fire truck can see before they get to a fire. How cool is that?
They let me blow the air-horn before they left.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 01:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
We do the same thing with all new construction, as well as all commercial buildings.
Its really helpful when we get to a scene to know what the building layout is, especially if we have to make entry.

As a volunteer firefighter also, I can understand what you mean about the shortage of volunteers.
We are always looking for good people willing to put in the time and work to be a firefighter.
We dont have to worry about urban sprawl here, because this is a very rural county, with farming and coal mining being our largest industries.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 01:20 pm
I'm doing sensationally poorly with my picks so far. Ay yi yi.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 01:43 pm
@ossobuco,
So am I.
So far, Buffalo is losing, Miami is putting a serious whipping on New England, the Bengals are beating the Giants.

Unless things change, my picks are going to lose badly.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 01:52 pm
@mysteryman,
Yeah me too. Last week I took a chance on Minnesota and they led most of the day but lost in the 4th quarter. So this week I said to hell with Minnesota and went with Carolina, the favorite. Minnesota is currently ahead by 10. Sigh.

I suggest you all wait until I make my picks next week and then bet against me. You should do quite well. Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 02:16 pm
3 of the early games in OT.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
Not any more. So far I'm 3 for 8.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 03:02 pm
The early games are over and and we are a rather motley crew. Except for Osso and Imur who are at 6-2. At the other end of the parade is George at 2-6.
Ragman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 03:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
I have myself at 5-3 so far. I seem to be doing well with the others but they're only at or around at half-time
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 04:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
I had me at 5 but I'll cheerfully double check, geez louise. Miami!!

Checked, sad to say, 5 of 8.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:01 pm
@ossobuco,
I had you choosing correctly WA, TB, TN, NYG, BU and AT.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 06:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
Did I actually pick Washington?, will go look. If so, I'd changed it before posting.

Aha, I did. Good girl....
0 Replies