Able to follow your views.

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:49 pm
Preach not sermons to others and pick not the poor innocents to project your views..
One conservative American had this view which had escaped the kind attention of the A2K intellectuals.
Unfortunately as a participant of this forum i have to high light this conservative view.
Here is the full text( which will never draw attention)

A President, Not a Savior
by Gene Healy

Gene Healy is a vice president at the Cato Institute and author of The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power.

Added to cato.org on August 28, 2008

This article appeared in the Christian Science Monitor on August 28, 2008.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=9615
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 437 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:43 pm
@Ramafuchs,
I hope one of the enthusiastic new member of this forum calify/ educate/enlighten my misadventure .
by misadventure i mean I am still Rama fuchs
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:24 pm
@Ramafuchs,
But my English has not yet improved( Though i read each and every responses)
Pour forth your views and i am hear to read and relax.
by the way this thread should be removed obviously because that it has nothing to do with politics.
Hope the people in-charge take note of my castic comments.
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:59 pm
@Ramafuchs,
ikely GOP presidential nominee John McCain and his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, are traveling to Mississippi to check on people getting prepared for Hurricane Gustav.

McKain aides say McCain and his wife Cindy will join Palin in traveling to Jackson, Miss., Sunday at the invitation of Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. They said the McCains and Palins want to check on preparations because they are concerned about the people threatened by the storm, which is heading through the Gulf of Mexico and threatening the same area ravaged by Hurricane Katrina three years ago. The storm could hit the coast as early as Monday afternoon.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=2008-08-30_D92SVBU80&show_article=1&cat=breaking
I am not ABLE2 Know this kind of sudden affection.
But Iam able2know the background.
Some kind of sympathy comes from the aspirants of TOILET HOUSE Read white house
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:07 pm
@Ramafuchs,
One of the rare, moral American has these words.

Every day it becomes clearer that Thoreau's answer is the only basis for a genuinely effective resistance to the accelerating depredations of the Bush-Cheney regime. Disassociation, boycott, filibuster, strike -- call it what you will, but the Gandhian tag might be the best: "non-cooperation with evil." The corruption and authoritarian tyranny that the regime has imposed on the nation are evil.
The war of aggression it has launched against Iraq is evil.
The war of aggression it is fomenting against Iran is evil.
If you would not be complicit in evil, then you must not cooperate with it, and you must not acknowledge its power as rightful or legitimate (however powerless you may be to resist its application by brute force).
If there is to be any way out of the nation's death spiral into darkness, ruin and dishonor, this noncooperation must begin at the top. There is not enough time left now for a broad movement from the general public to rise up and force the ouster of these criminals. Naturally, any and all efforts to raise consciousness of the dire situation and mobilize the public against the regime are welcome and should continue.----ChrisFloyd
0 Replies