Hillary Rocks!!!

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:08 am
@engineer,
you obviously missed my post where I said if Obama picked Biden I would go ahead and vote for him. I knew Hillary wouldn't be on the ticket. I am voting for Joe Biden in order to have someone I have faith in in the White House. I'm not trying to be snotty or pick a fight, so please don't jump me. I still think it should have been Hillary....and I still don't think Obama is the man for the job. I am however going to vote for him and hope for the best, although hope is not my long suit.
engineer

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:12 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I didn't miss it, but I've been gone and hadn't seen anything since the Biden announcement. With Biden and Clinton on board, it's time to focus on preventing another administration similar to what we've had for the last eight years.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:15 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I missed the speech and have been reading about it, so no firm or first-hand conclusions yet. Was happily reading this thread ("good, sounds like she DID do a good job!") and then this kinda brought me up short.

littlek wrote:
this speech made me wish Clinton was our nominee.

From what I've read (such as a NYT article), that was an intention of hers. That bothers me.

But oh well. Understandable I guess, and sounds like she did a good job overall.

Yeah, and there was a really interesting interview with a delegate after the fact that really illustrated that Obama has his work cut out for him. I will try to find it because she was really well spoken and heartfelt. I think Obama is smart enough to understand this and to do it -- I guess we'll just have to wait until Thursday. But yeah, she was good, and I hope she has a significant role in his administration.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:17 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
This is the watermark event...especially if she follows up by campaigning for Obama with equal vigor...that will make her the Lioness of the Left.

The "Lioness of the Left". I like it.

Me too. It needs a t-shirt.
nimh

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:28 am
@FreeDuck,
Some lionesses are better without t-shirt.

Though I agree Hillary probably isnt one.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:43 am
@nimh,
Hah. Maybe not anymore, but I'm sure there was a day...
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:22 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Hillery did unite the party, something the Obamites still arnt trying too do judging from thier posts on this foram. I will also vote for Biden although I dont believe for a minute that I am voteing for the change I really want in Washington. I dont think Obama has the political power to change anything and I dont think the congress will change much either. Biden has been in D.C. for more than 35 years and is an old established politician. They are all politicians who are only interested in being reelected no matter who they have too screw.
sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:36 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:
I will also vote for Biden

Hey, that's cool.

I've been seeing a fair amount of this, (not just here), and it reinforces my happiness with the Biden pick.

(Wait do you mean you're writing in Biden as prez, or you'll vote Obama/ Biden because of Biden?)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:39 am
@rabel22,
Happy to hear it.

I am also hearing a good amount of this; hopefully some polling will start to reflect it soon.

Cycloptichorn
rabel22

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:49 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I mean I am voteing democratic because even though I know its going to be 4 0r 8 years of the same politics its still better than 8 more years of a bush government. BUT you people had better be ready to vote Obama and the democrats out in the election after this because we could have another bad government of consenses just like bushes. When politicians gain great power they get stupid. If you want proof check out the bush government and congress. Yes I know, Obamas a saint and would never abuse his position. BS, he is a politician.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:50 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't think the polls mean much right now... other than to give the networks something to talk about (and conservatives something to pin their hopes on).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:52 am
@rabel22,
I know - I consider the Dems to be only slightly less corrupt than Republicans, and we have to watch them twice as hard if we're going to back them so hard.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:03 am
@rabel22,
rabel22 wrote:

I mean I am voteing democratic because even though I know its going to be 4 0r 8 years of the same politics its still better than 8 more years of a bush government. BUT you people had better be ready to vote Obama and the democrats out in the election after this because we could have another bad government of consenses just like bushes.

If that happens, I'm ready. I'm not wearing blinders.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:08 am
@FreeDuck,
Here's that interview with the Clinton delegate I was talking about.

http://www.wikio.com/video/399778
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
@FreeDuck,

Yes she does!

0:17
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:27 pm
@FreeDuck,
i know how she feels...

hillary's speech was her best, and one of the best i've ever heard. sure bill will do quite well also.

but, while i'm very pleased about biden and michelle's speech was impressive, as the lady said; barak has 2 months to convince me i'm not just voting against mccain.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:31 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

While I would have been happy for either Obama or Clinton for our candidate, this speech made me wish Clinton was our nominee.
Do you think this is coincidental happenstance? Or do you think maybe that was her goal?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
hah!

yeah... like it's 3 am and did you know that john mccain was a pow? oh, wait... did he actually miss mentioning that for once? oh, well.. prolly just an oversight.

if mccain is so hip, why didn't he get the republican nomination in 2000?

mccain's campaign is just retreading the same old "be afraid, be very afraid" routine.

maybe that's appealing if you're into being paranoid on a daily basis. "if we choose incorrectly, there's a chance we may be hit again".

a chance? jesus, it's more like a probability that something is going to happen eventually.

i've got better things to do with my time than sit cringing in a corner.
littlek

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:41 pm
Soz, thanks for pointing out my words. They are interesting! I think that the reason I wrote that I almost wished Clinton was our nominee was purely because of the quality of the speech, not so much the content. It was really well put together, I thought. And she has a great stage presence. But, she also validated Obama's nomination and told her supporters not to vote for McCain. She didn't go as far as she could have gone to back him, but she went beyond what was minimally expected.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:53 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

hah!

Very Happy
0 Replies