Grocery prices - re you, or the wide range of people you know?

roger

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:15 am
Never shop for groceries when you are hungry
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:41 am
@roger,
So true. On the other hand, if you are shopping for a few weeks, maybe that is a good thing, to be hungry. I'm trying to shop for near a month now. This is so opposite who I am as to be near silly, but I'm working at it.
mismi

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:30 pm
@ossobuco,
I just got back from Walmart. Got my two weeks worth of groceries...will go to my little farmers market for my fresh fruit and veggies and one trip to local store for milk next week. It works. I am much better at keeping to my budget when I shop for two weeks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:45 pm
@dlowan,
I started buying frozen and sometimes canned vegies.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 05:58 pm
@littlek,
What do I buy canned? Pinto and black beans, tomatoes, once in a while artichoke hearts in water, oh, and my new favorite thing, chipotle in adobo sauce. Clams, anchovies, tuna, sardines - freah seafood better, but...
And recently some water chestnuts and bamboo shoots for playing around with chinese cooking again. And a can of inarizushi no moto - the bean curd pockets to fill with japanese rice and rice vinegar - haven't seen those for years, used to like them. (That meant I had to buy 5 pounds of Calrose rice..)

But I have been buying some frozen veggies after years of not doing that - I always skipped the frozen food aisle except for ice cream once in a blue moon.

0 Replies