Asherman returns??

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:56 am
Wow. Great looking changes to the site. I've had a bit of problem navigating the new system, so that'll take some getting used to.

I've been absent for awhile and focused on other matters. I resumed temporary editorship of The Palette, and after 8 issues they've finally found a replacement. That's a big load off my back. I've also been very focused on writing short stories. I joined A2K when it started because Jespah and I were looking for a site to work on our fiction writing. A2K has never really been a great place for that. I've found www.writing.com a much better place to nurture my writing. A couple of dozen of my short stories can be read there, and I hope that many of you will visit and read the stuff in my portfolio. Look for Asherman.

I've also been pretty productive in the studio, though painting sales have been very thin of late. If anyone is interested in seeing some of the new paintings, just let me know and we'll work something out.

Natalie and I are both well, though my hearing continues to fail. Natalie has had a couple medical "episodes", but nothing as serious as in the last few years. She's well enough to have gone with friends to the Indian Market in Santa Fe last week. Not as many house guests this year as in previous years, but we continue to upgrade Corazon. We've put in a "farm" down on the lowest terrace that'll supply far more corn, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, mellons, pumpkins, etc. than we can use. The deck off of the Master Suite has been completely redone, though that project went $1000 over budget.

We've gotten rid of our van, and purchased a 2008 Sonata. The oldest son has been resigned back to CONUS, and took his Hyundai with him. They've bought another home in KC, MO near his new assignment. We expect to travel via AmTrak to visit the youngest son for Thanksgiving or Christmas with a stop over in LA.

I hope that life has been as good to you all as it has been for us this year. Hopefully, our many friends here will see this and help bring me up to date on what's happening in their own lives. Is Endymon's novel ready to publish yet? How is the Buddhist contingent doing these days? JB? Setanta? Love to hear from you all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,458 • Replies: 11
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:59 am
@Asherman,
It is excellent to see you back, Asherman. Many have been having problems navigating with all the site changes. Setanta has only posted once since the changes. Jespah and Butrflynet have some good tips on navigation.

Tips from Jespah:
http://able2know.org/topic/120955-1
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:04 am
@Asherman,
Welcome back! Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:06 am
Well welcome back Ash. It's about time. You were a missed person as you well know.
Asherman

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:10 am
@Foxfyre,
I couldn't see this posting, and thought it failed. Soooo, I reposted and won't make that mistake again.

The postings are now much easier to read, and once we get the hang of the new navigation, I'm sure this will be fine. I see that my photo has vanished, and so I'll have to figure out how to replace that. If anyone knows, give me a hint.

Ash
dlowan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:16 am
@Asherman,
Go to gravatar.com and follow the prompts to upload an avatar for the email address you used to register for A2k.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:35 am
Hi, Asherman! (waves)

I see you. (avatar is fine)

Glad to hear you remain active in what you enjoy doing. A trip this fall sounds wonderful. Would love to hear you tell of the train travel when you return. I always love reading what you write. Will have to check the other place you mentioned.

Good to see you.
Asherman

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:49 am
@squinney,
At writing.com, click on "authors" in the box at the top of the page. Then type in Asherman, and that will take you to my name. Click on that and select the story(s) you want to read. You'll note that I'm a "preferred author", and that's quite a distinction at WDC awarded only to serious writers whose work they think should be noticed.

Ash
jespah

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:05 pm
@Asherman,
Welcome back! I've had the chance to look at my old writing here, actually. Brings back memories. Right now I'm writing offline mainly, trying to put together something rather large and complex and I'm busy with too many real-life things so progress is slow. But I think I do better when I have other things on my plate. When I've been outta work, I find it harder to get writing done.

Glad you're still doing it. Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:16 pm
@Asherman,
Nice to see you here and to hear that you are still writing and painting. Best wishes to you and your lady.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:01 pm
@Asherman,
Welcome back Ash! Glad to hear all is well.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:18 pm
@Asherman,
Welcome back, Ash.
0 Replies