quantry

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:01 pm
I more, often than I like, fail to respond to posts/topics when I seee that the poster is someone I personally like. This happens when someone I like generally posts something i find disagreeable for any number of reasons but I resist mainly because i have the feeling that they will take it as rejection of them personally rather than just my personal rejection of their post. I am not referring to politics specifically but most commonly to relevance or validity. I simply don't respond (usually) and I am thinking this is basically stupid on my part probably due to early childhood training re politeness. Am I alone in this regard?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 962 • Replies: 7

Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:05 pm
@dyslexia,
I miss PM's too, Dys...

Sad

How the hail are ya?

(you can rail at me, I love ya anyway...)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:10 pm
@dyslexia,
Hey Dys! Check your email!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:19 pm
yes. damned upbringing by parents and brothers and sisters. I'll probably be a grumpy oldster if I ever make it that far..because I've been too polite for too long.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:37 pm
@dyslexia,
Thanks, dys. I'll try to stop.

I know I give you indigestion.

Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:43 pm
@dyslexia,
I also usually decline to respond. And sometimes I totally agree with a post and fail to answer, anyway. Hey, you don't really know what I've seen and not seen. Better than losing a friend, and better than lying.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 09:24 pm
When a friend disagrees with me, I like to know a little something about it. If we are truly friends, it will work itself out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, I agree with edgar. When I look at how I relate to my own siblings and friends, there's going to be some disagreements; that's only normal.
0 Replies