Cubs and White Sox in 2008?

Miller

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 06:42 am
How likely is it that there'll be a World Series in 2008 in Chicago between the Cubs and White Sox?

(Go CUBS)

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 07:03 am
@Miller,
cubs should get there, but the white sox may not be able to hold up their end of the bargain.
they'd have to go thru tampa bay / la angels / red sawx...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 08:07 am
1908, goat, Bartman.
Miller

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 05:41 pm
Red Sox are a lost cause without Manny...
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:39 pm
@Miller,
jettisoning manny was the best move we've made in a while...
Stormwatch

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 03:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
I couldn't agree more. The whole attitude of the team has had a turn around. Even Big papi is smiling again and he probably misses Manny the most.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:47 pm
@Gargamel,
ya forgot the black cat of 69 and now Bon Jovis living on a prayer might be the next curse. Still 4 four up on the Brewers.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 04:57 am
@sublime1,
both teams have taken hits with injuries to their respective carlos's (zambrano, quentin), although zambrano's doesn't appear to be too serious...
Miller

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 06:58 am
@Region Philbis,
Still looking for the two Chicago teams.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:15 pm
@sublime1,
The Brewers are a joke. Cubs lose 7 of their last 8 and the Crew only gains a game on them.

The NL Central smells like ****.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 09:59 am
@Gargamel,
i don't care how bad you're playing -- you don't go around firing the manager with 2 weeks left when you're in a pennant race...

R(go dale!)P
Gargamel

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:07 am
@Region Philbis,
Ned had it coming.

If the Brewers turn it around somehow, every sportswriter presently bad mouthing Mark Attanasio (owner) will be hailing him as a genius.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:10 am
@Region Philbis,
Also, I remember meeting Dale at Brewers Baseball Camp in 1989. He gave a speech to us kids, and showed us the ******* massive calluses and blisters on his hands from hitting fastballs. I was too young for the '82 team, but the'87 team (90+ wins and still no penant; wild card yet to be implemented) were my heroes, and Dale was one of 'em.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:23 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

The Brewers are a joke. Cubs lose 7 of their last 8 and the Crew only gains a game on them.

The NL Central smells like ****.

The CUBS will pull through and I'll be back in Chicago to see them play in the World Series. Go CUBS...Go WHITE SOX...
Gargamel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:55 am
@Miller,
Since when is it OK to root for both the Cubs and the Sox?

Mark my words, if the Cubs don't blow it themselves, God will intervene.

Addendum: I'm bitter after having been chided by bitch-asses at Wrigley last night. And then listening to that horrible ******* song, "Go Cubs Go." You're 9 games in first: is it necessary to chant "Brewers Suck" in the ninth inning? We're in shambles, motherfuckers. Forgive me for believing SOME of you Cubs fans deserve your grief.

Joe and Sublime, and many of my friends, are fine exceptions to the rule, of course.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@Gargamel,
I heard a report this morning that the new super collider has developed a small black hole that is forming just beneath the pitchers mound at Wrigley...
Gargamel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:12 am
@Rockhead,
I don't know about that, but there certainly was a lot of sucking going on around that mound whenever the Brewers took the field yesterday.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:23 am
@Gargamel,
It is NOT ok to root for the Cubs and Sox.

The Cubs can't blow it this time unless Bartman rides a goat into Wrigley with a black cat on his shoulder whistling "Living on a Prayer"

I just want to see two more of these in the series
http://static.zoovy.com/img/cubworld/W400-H400-Bffffff/W/chicago_cubs_w_white_flag.jpg
Gargamel

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:50 am
@sublime1,
Well, I personally saw them break the "Living on a Prayer" curse. They played the song last night, and although Wood got into some trouble, he got the save.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:35 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Since when is it OK to root for both the Cubs and the Sox?

This is called "The Age of Diversity"...
0 Replies