Cubs and White Sox in 2008?

Miller

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:37 am
@sublime1,
sublime1 wrote:

It is NOT ok to root for the Cubs and Sox.

Why do you sound like a true "BoHunk"?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:20 pm
**** BASEBALL.

I'm done. I made it to mid-September.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 05:34 pm
Awww, the Brewers are so cute with their big floppy shoes and their red rubber noses, running around trying to look so grown up. How can anyone hate them? They're adorable!
sublime1

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:14 pm
@joefromchicago,
What a game, I think people are still afraid of the guy in the big red Jeep waving his arms and yelling while stuck in traffic on the Edens. Thankfully I made it to O'donovans for the 11th and 12th to be among likedminded lunatics.

Sorry Gargamel that had to sting just a little.
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 09:33 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

**** BASEBALL.

You are one angry pitcher of children's fruit-flavored drink mix.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 09:39 pm
@joefromchicago,
Yep. he's fittin' ta bust through a wall...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 11:06 pm
At the moment I more closely resemble a container of Irish whiskey. But that is neither her nor there.

I will ruin all of you.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 08:13 am
Gargamel wrote:
I will ruin all of you.

Twice.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:16 am
@sublime1,
You're welcome!

I was downtown yesterday with Mr B. We walked into the Berghoff during the top of the ninth just as the 6th run was being scored. We sat down ordered a beer and started watching the game. The top of the 9th quickly came to an end and we watched the Cubs score 4 runs in the bottom of the ninth. We talked about going up to the corner to attend Oktoberfest but I knew I had to stay where I was until the end of the game.

Sitting inside, drinking beer, and watching the game was a hardship to be sure when those comfortable tables and that great music <cough> was only a few steps away but I did it for joe and sublime.

You can thank me later.
sublime1

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 11:03 am
@JPB,
Thanks JB, too bad it was such a boring finish.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:43 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

I will ruin all of you.

Sounds like a funtime...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:32 am
@Gargamel,
Quote:
**** BASEBALL.

brew-crew is in... care to retract?
Gargamel

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:54 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
**** BASEBALL.

brew-crew is in... care to retract?

Yes. Yes I do.

What happens every September is I swear off baseball and then return a couple times for a little more abuse. MLB is my personal Ike Turner.

What happens every 26 years is the BREWERS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

I had seven heart attacks yesterday.

Though this team is not what I thought it was in late July--not so much an offensive beast with a few holes in its starting rotation and bullpen--but much more vulnerable, this is all I really wanted (okay, I really want to see a playoff game with my Pop).

I told myself I would just enjoy today and tomorrow. And call in sick Wednesday. But if I can hope for a second. If CC gets five seconds rest, Ben Sheets pumps himself full of drugs, and the Crew wins enough games to fall into a normal roation of Sabbathia, Sheets, Gallardo, and Bush, then they have a chance in Hell.

I like Sveum. I like that his lineup rewards guys with a respectable .OBP. So what if Craig Counsell is batting .037? He doesn't swing at pitches that land ten feet in front of home plate (Corey Hart needs to sit).

Next year, when I'm at Wrigley acting like a complete jackass, you Cubs fans can't use that 26 years line anymore. Then again, I may not be able to chant, "Century!"
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:17 pm
chi-sox are still alive, and will host the twinkies tomorrow to decide the AL central...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 09:52 am
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2008-10/42721691-02213048.jpg

ut-ohhhhhhhh...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2008 10:03 am
The Cubs are good enough to win the next three. But it's just amazing, the playoff atmosphere here. When Loney hit that grandslam, you could literally hear every ounce of confidence being vacuumed out of the north side. I will say, the swagger of the Cubs fans I know was strange to me. Now, though, there's the familiar panic and self-loathing. I honestly feel (kind of) bad.

I actually think it benefits the Cubs to be playing the next two games on the road. Off-site, away from any real or imagined curse, anxious fans etc. Harden and Lilly are no slouches either.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2008 08:45 am
ut-ohhhhh, part II
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2008-10/42733811.jpg

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:14 pm
http://sportsmaven.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/cubs-manager-lou-piniella-in-spring-training-2-15-07.jpg

(a picture is worth a thousand words...)
JPB

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:16 pm
@Region Philbis,
We of the Midwest do know how to <cough> and <choke>
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
Poor sweet lou...

(he gotta extension, though)
0 Replies