So....Will Biden Be VP?

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 06:48 am
@squinney,
Cool, squinney!

Lash, Obama has had a lot of good things to say about McCain, too... I don't think that's going to be really here nor there. Obviously Biden thinks Obama will be a better president than McCain.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:13 am
@sozobe,
Obama chooses a wrinkled old white dude in as his VP Laughing

Obama Not Ready to Lead, but McCain Is
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:20 am
@Lash,
And McCain said glowing things about Hillary and Hillary is supporting Obama. It's hard for McCain to turn around and say he didn't mean them.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:39 am
@parados,
Last time I checked, Mrs. Bill Clinton was out of the race.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:44 am
I posted a while back... and of course was informed that no one gave a damn.... that if Biden was picked I'd go ahead and vote for Obama. He would have been my first choice for President including over Hillary.

And for those here who said most confidently that I was going to vote for Obama anyway and was trying to save face...... you're wrong. I was prepared to either write in Biden or stay home.

So now I'm voting Obama/Biden.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:44 am
H2O MAN wrote:
Obama chooses a wrinkled old white dude in as his VP Laughing
popular strategy -- w did the same thing eight years ago...
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Biden will definitely make things interesting. (laughing) His glowing remarks about McC will be hard to live down, though. It's hard to turn around and say you didn't mean it.... They're friends.

I have plenty of friends that are idiots in some respects.... and I call them on it to their faces frequently..... we're still friends though...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:46 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Sure looks like my boy is on the shortlist.....although I do agree that he would be great in the capacity of Secretary of State.....what say you?

congratulations!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:47 am
@Region Philbis,
Hopefully Region....we'll get a better result with this one.....
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:53 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
popular strategy -- w did the same thing eight years ago...

Yeah, but W's choice actually thought W could do the job...
nimh

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:00 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Yeah, but W's choice actually thought W could do the job...

Which must be why he made sure to become the most powerful Veep in history ... because he trusted W so much ...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:02 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
- Ballast (not another "first" -- a reassuring old white guy)

... without any executive experience. I was hoping Obama might pick a governor.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:04 am
@H2O MAN,
you're kidding, right? I think you meant to say Cheney was sure W would take orders...
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:04 am
@Thomas,
Thomas I think Biden's foreign policy experience was paramount in the decision...
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:08 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
I think you meant to say Cheney was sure W would take orders...

So, you are saying Obama will take orders from Biden...
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:14 am
@H2O MAN,
that would suit me....although I think Obama has way more intelligence, awareness of what's going on around him and most importantly.... the DESIRE to understand what's going on around him.....he wasn't my first choice and I'm still not wild about him but he's a smart cookie.... unlike that dead between the ears brush cutter....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:14 am
New Data: Impact of Biden

Barack Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his running mate is unlikely to shake-up the presidential horse race. In a new Washington Post-ABC News poll completed last night, three-quarters of voters said picking Biden would not sway their votes one way or the other. And about as many said they would be more apt to support Obama with Biden on the ticket as said the choice would make them less likely to vote Democratic on Election Day (13 to 10 percent).

Q. If Obama chooses Delaware Senator Joe Biden as his vice presidential running mate, would that make you more likely to vote for Obama, less likely, or wouldn't it make any difference in your vote?

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=p&chd=t:13,10,75,3&chs=454x150&chl=More%20likely:+13%25|Less%20likely:+10%25|No%20difference:75%25|No%20opinion:+3%25&chco=4c5c79

SOURCE: Washington Post-ABC News poll conducted by telephone Aug. 19-22, 2008 among a random national sample of 916 registered voters. Results have a three point error margin.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Good to know!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:30 am
@H2O MAN,
I see you are having a better day today.

At least you got one thing right already.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 09:05 am
@parados,
All of my todays are great and I never get it wrong Wink
0 Replies