what kind is your dog

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:24 pm
i have a shih tzu what kind is yours

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:50 pm
@dancerdoll,
We have two Golden Retrievers, four "Teddy Roosevelt" Rat Terriers, and one stupid ass poodle.
hingehead

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:54 pm
One Labradoodle (my avatar) and a cross West Highland Terrier/Maltese Terrier
dancerdoll

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:25 am
@2PacksAday,
i love golden retrievers my golden retriever died last month
dancerdoll

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:27 am
@hingehead,
aww cute
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:40 am
@dancerdoll,
Sorry to hear that. One of ours is a "lost dog", a guy found her and brought her to us after trying to find her real home for a few weeks....he knew that we already had one, so we took her in. Her name is Goldie, but the kids call her Oldie...she's a bit grumpy and well...old. Our other one, Bailey, is pretty much "my" dog, she is rarely ever more than an arms length away from me...as I type this, sitting in the floor, she is laying about a foot behind me.
dancerdoll

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:45 am
@2PacksAday,
we had another golden retrievers a couple years back and he never left my moms side she always had to take him with when she left but then he died from cancer
2PacksAday

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:55 am
@dancerdoll,
Yep, that's one of the downsides of being a pet owner, compared to us they have fairly short lives.....here is my big goofy sidekick.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/2PacksAday/IMG_2546.jpg

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 01:37 am
@dancerdoll,
Part Maltese, part annoying bastard.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 02:52 am
@2PacksAday,
Every time I see a GR I think my labradoodle is actually a Groodle - the face is much more retriever than labrador.
sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:20 am
@hingehead,
Hey hingehead, sorry to pester you here, but if I say something on the chat thread you won't be able to edit it...

If you list your email address like that, you'll get a lot of spam!

(Hi 2Packs!)

I want a labradoodle.

Was yours expensive?
hingehead

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:26 am
@sozobe,
I get a ton of spam anyway and the filters seem to handle it just fine. It's not my primary address.

He was $900 - I can't believe we bought him from a pet shop - we watched him for 3 weeks and then couldn't stand the thought of him being in that glass box at 12 weeks old. We have never regretted it. He (and they, apparently) are the most amazing temperamented, intelligent and willing to please dogs. He's the first dog I've ever owned and now I can't understand why I waited.
Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:29 am
@dancerdoll,
The last dog I had when I was a teenager was a good old mutt. And he certainly was - his mom was a mixed cocker spaniel, but he was much bigger. She must have met up with some collie/shepard breed. He was very protective, but a baby when it came to the family - mostly me. We were very close.

I haven't had a dog since, but hope to get a skipperake (sp?) in the next year or so.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 07:37 am
My dog is border collie/Australian shepard. He just turned one and is a lunatic, a smart lunatic but a lunatic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/IMGP1494-1.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 07:46 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
I get a ton of spam anyway and the filters seem to handle it just fine. It's not my primary address.

Cool.

Yeah, they're expensive. They seem like really great dogs. I researched them thoroughly a bit ago and thought about visiting a local breeder but a) they're expensive! and b) I didn't trust myself to walk away from the visit without a puppy. And my husband has to get on board with the dog idea first.

Diamond's all grown up! Handsome fella.
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:18 am
@2PacksAday,
i love that dog he is beautiful
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:23 am
@2PacksAday,
i cant get over how cute your dog is
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:26 am
@hingehead,
can you show me a pic of your dog
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:37 am
@dancerdoll,
Click on my screen name (ossobuco) and that'll take you to my profile and a bigger picture of my avatar.

The dog on the right is my very loved corgi, who died a year ago but whom I'm still enjoying having had with me all those years. I got him at the humane society - he'd been there a month with no one apparently even asking about him, no calls from 4 ads w/photo in the local newspaper.. except mine. Lucky for me but tough for him.

The dog on the left is my friends' dog, Sally; they're on a2k, and I'll let them tell you about her if they see this thread.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 11:42 pm
@dancerdoll,
dancerdoll, I have a miniature poodle named Maxwell Smart (and he is very smart). He's seven years old. His picture is my avatar.