How to use the new able2know

solipsister

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 04:25 am
@McTag,
next to the tension
Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:57 am
@ehBeth,
Not really, Beth. I'm really, really just missing go to General and seeing what's cooking.

As such, I see no "General" tag. this has been eliminated?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:59 am
@Butrflynet,
No, unfortunately not. As I mentioned to Beth above, I miss just going to the general forum and seeing what's happening.

Do you know if there is no such thing as a General tag?
DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:01 am
@Reyn,
http://able2know.org/tag/general/

The trick is getting people to tag w/ something meaningful, though.
yitwail

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:58 am
@solipsister,
solipsister wrote:
Re: McTag (Post 3356963)
next to the tension

Laughing
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:14 am
@sozobe,
I think that works for all threads in the chosen forum area, such as politics, but unless I am too dense to figure it out, I don't see a way to do it for only the threads that I am posting in. I can get there, sort of, by clicking "My Posts," but here again, it shows multiples of the same thread if I've made more posts there, so scrolling down alot is required. Also, again, I would like to be able to click to the end of the thread rather than to my post, which might be 2 or 3 pages back.

If anyone knows how to show a list of the threads, one listing for each thread only, for the threads that I personally have been participating in, and then be able to make one click to appear at the latest post of the thread, so that I can see what the latest posts are, please let me know.
okie

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:25 am
@okie,
I tried to edit my last post, maybe a minute after posting, and was disallowed even though edit button was available. Time limit must be awfully short, too short in my opinion.

I was going to add that the list of threads that I post in, that I would like to be able to see, they should be listed according to the latest posts by all posts, not just according to how I have posted. Unless I am too dense, this doesn't seem possible right now.
sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:26 am
@okie,
You can do that using tags... if you tag all of the threads you post in, and then go to "My Tags," you can sort according to the newest posts in those threads.
okie

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:31 am
@sozobe,
I hadn't cared to fool with tags. Thanks, I will try that. Seems like it should be done for us, as before. Oh well.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:34 am
@DrewDad,
Hey thanks for that, Drew! I didn't see "General" in the list on the home page, which is why I asked.
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:59 am
@Reyn,
I can't see General in the list.

It looks a trainwreck to me. The networking has been lost in a blizzard of technical brilliance. It's alienating.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:43 am
@spendius,
Spendi, I have to say that I think you have only yourself to blame for any alienation.
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:20 pm
@DrewDad,
It's a free country. You may think as you see fit.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:54 pm
@Craven de Kere,
I'm starting to tag all my old topics. Ran across one that is about an architectural design of a proposed city recycling center. I added 'architecture', and 'design' along with other words in my Tags.. these being appropriate to what the guy in the article I referred to did.

Will someone who is looking for computer related architecture and design by clicking either architecture or design see my topic? Or will mine somehow be nested in some way by the other words in my Tag?

I ask because I don't know whether to go crazy and get all specific about every tag word... using, say, "building architecture" - but that seems silly, and still might not clarify.

I can imagine this question of how specific to be coming up for other people, as some words are used across a lot of fields of endeavor.. but the connections between things is part of what I think I like about the tag system.

spendius

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 01:14 pm
@spendius,
Trivia is almost deserted. And it's been a hotbed of passion and intrigue up to very recently.
devriesj

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 06:30 pm
@spendius,
Nah! It just seems that way right now. We'll all be back together like one big happy family in no time, Spendi-!

And might I just give kudos to Craven, Jespah and Nick for all the hard work you've done - and to anyone else I don't know about. Been rambling about here since yesterday, and I must say you've put a lot of impressive work in here. Thank you from the bottom of my a2k heart! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Replying to myself, to say that I posted that because it occurred to me that people could be irritated finding the kind of design they weren't interested in when they searched expecting another kind..
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:58 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Craven de kere.
Prior to the new site opening I was operating for a few years as "Anton Bonnier" and my login in was ji2. However when I tried to log on the new site I found that they would not accept my log in of Ji2 so I changed it as advised by you but then ended up with a very old one under "tenderfoot" from the old abuzz days that I couldn't use at the time for some reason or the other.. Hence I re registered as Anton bonnier. I would like my Anton bonnier back if that is possible.

Anton.
jespah

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 08:17 pm
@tenderfoot,
Anton, contact the Help Desk. Use the Contact Us link, bottom middle right of every page. We'll do our best to get you straightened out this weekend.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 09:15 pm
I intuitively know the answer to this but I'm still not quite sure..

I presume we can't vote things up twice, or can we? sometimes I think I already voted some thread up, and then it looks a little pale and I do it again to be sure and it "takes". I'm guessing this is user confusion, right?
0 Replies