How to use the new able2know

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 11:44 pm
@jespah,
I've answered all the account login tickets on the help desk, but I see more of them posted around the site than I fixed.

So if you have an account you need help getting yourself into contact the help desk.
jespah

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 03:43 am
@Craven de Kere,
Thanks; once I'm up to speed on Mod tools I'll take care of tickets and also push them to Mods.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 12:00 pm
@jespah,
Oh dear.

Im as lost as a kid in walmart..
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 06:53 pm
@Craven de Kere,
What is this place? I am seriously confused. I thought this was the wrong website at first. Its going to take me years to learn how to use this.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 09:47 pm
@okie,
Okie Said:
Also, again, I would like to be able to click to the end of the thread rather than to my post, which might be 2 or 3 pages back.

If you click the highlighted date/time stamp in the third row of the thread description, that will take you to the last post in that thread.....says last post just before it.
---------
How to use the new able2know
Discussion by Craven de Kere on 08/14/08 3:06 AM
Replies: 243 Views: 4,182 Last Post: 08/17/08 7:53 PM
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:52 am
@Craven de Kere,
Wasn't paying attention before.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Wink Drunk
msolga

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:11 am
@McTag,
I sort of was paying attention, but .... I'm sort of lost, too, I'm afraid. Probably because I have little time right now to negotiate & experiment. I can't find the thread I started on Saturday morning. I hope I'm not appearing rude by not responding to anyone who's posted to it!

But could someone with a wee bit of time on their hands explain to me (in lay person's language, please) how to post an image? I would appreciciate that very much. Who knows when a cartoon that MUST be posted & shared will materialize on the internet? A girl's gotta be ready!
jespah

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:11 am
@msolga,
1) Go to "My Topics", top of any page, and sort by "New Topics" or "New Posts". That should bring up the topic you're talking about.
2) To post an image; it's actually not much different than it was before. Open reply, click "Enable BBCode Editor" (green link just above the reply box), click Img and you'll get the following:
Code:[img][/img]
Just paste the image link between the ] and the [ .

Or you can paste in the image link, then highlight it in the reply box and click Img. I just tried both methods and they both work.
http://grumblemouse.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/canary_border_fancy2.jpg
msolga

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:40 am
@jespah,
Thank you, jespah!

That's very clear ... I think I can manage it!

I'll add this thread to my favourites so's I can experiment with image/cartoon posting as soon as I have the time to do so.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:16 pm
@jespah,
I used to use the "your posts" function to check if there were any new posts on the threads that I had posted on. What do I do now?

By the way, and I don't mean to be critical here, but what was the reason for change?
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:32 pm
@jespah,
Hi jespa.
Done as you sugested, was then advised to try loging in with 6 diget password.
tried this and was logged back on as the old tenderfoot.
The went to the search section top of page and typed in anton bonnier and low and behold there was my old ji2 account. so it's still there but need a password to access it.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:30 pm
Oops, I can't figure out how to add and subtract from my ignored users bank. Sorry, I'm sure it's already been asked... Embarrassed
old europe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:34 pm
@martybarker,
Go to your profile. On the left side, there's your menu. On the bottom of the menu there's "My Ignored Users". Go there to check which users you have set on ignore, and to unignore them.

To ignore a user, go to the users profile. On the right side, on the bottom of their big avatar picture, there's an "IGNORE USER" button.
martybarker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:39 pm
@old europe,
Thanks
old europe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:41 pm
@martybarker,
Welcome
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:49 pm
Im sorry , sorry , SORRY to put this here, but we have no PM feature right now so this is my place to post this I guess...

But, I have heard from Chai and she says she can not change her password and can not log on. She says she has contacted the help desk, which Im positive you guys are swamped but I wanted to just post it here as well . ( I would have used PM for this.. really I would have! )

If a MOD needs to contact her directly but maybe cant? ( Email issues on her part maybe?) feel free to email me.
Just take my screenname and add atyahoodotcom to it.

(bows and backs out of thread)
martybarker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:56 pm
Is the site going to have a search feature? How do I find a thread without going through all the pages?
martybarker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:05 pm
@martybarker,
So, what exactly happens when you ignore someone? Can you no longer view ant threads they participate in? Are they blocked from your posts somehow?? I don't get it.
old europe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:14 pm
@martybarker,
If you ignore someone, you won't see what they post. If they start a thread or post a post, it'll be hidden or collapsed for you. You'll see some tiny text, telling you

User ignored (view)

You can then click on the 'view' to still see what was posted.
Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:03 pm
@old europe,
How to delete my own posts ?
0 Replies