ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 10:48 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi, Dianne, my name is Jo, but I mostly use osso on a2k.
I stopped working in labs when I got interested in landscape architecture and started another four years of school at night, and two years internship and boards in that, but that's another story, mostly good, I really liked doing that.

I'm still licensed in it, at least in California, but not practicing. (Other stuff going on, and I'll soon enough be 67.)

I was lucky re my situation. I've friends who have been through more, much more, and are still around causing havoc, more power to them. But you know it can be real serious. It sounds so far like your doctor(s) know what they're doing.

bathsheba

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 11:08 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso,
Nice to know your real name, Jo. That's fantastic that you started a whole new career -that takes courage. I expect your jobs were mainly commercial, or did you do a lot of work on huge estates with giant gardens? I should think being out of doors all day arranging where plants go would be a satisfying way to spend your days. Did you plan it all via computer first? My hubby and I are still playing with our garden. I love the rambling English garden look. We've got lots of vines and a shingled cottage by the sea. Our challenge is trying not to have too many plants for our 1/2 acre but we love to garden. Having come from Calif to British Columbia, I'm still overwhelmed by how fast plants grow here!

As for being 67, heck, our new neighbors are a wee bit older than that and they are just finishing building their home - and they're doing a lot of it by themselves. I envy them because they seem to have more energy than I do. When they aren't building, they're sailing.

Well, I don't know that my docs know what they're doing but I'm getting a second opinion if it comes to that. This doc told me I'd have a one inch scar. It's about five inches. So I'm thinking he saw some stuff he didn't like and cut more...........man oh man I hope it's good news.

Osso, I had a cerebral aneurysm a few years ago, and that was pretty scary. It had not ruptured and it has been fixed - so I don't have it anymore - but I had about 25 stitches in my scalp. I'm not unaccustomed to fear, just tired of the medical issues. I thought these were the golden years. Ha! So enough of my sad tales. Thanks for sharing about your working life & medical issues.

Baths
Dianne
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 11:18 pm
@bathsheba,
Both, Baths, re the gardens, but computer only for specifications, not drawing.

Nice to talk with you too. Hang in.
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 11:25 pm
@devriesj,
Oh boy, I can see I'll be here all night trying to figure this one out.

I had an avatar. So I don't have one now. What's a good google site for avatars? They seem way smaller than they used to be, so how do I shrink it? Know of any sites that have avatars that don't need shrinking? Ok. I'll try but I think I'll be back with more questions, thanks!
Bathsheba
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:01 am
@devriesj,
Hey devriesj,

I uploaded a photo from my computer to gravatar, so now the photo is linked to my email address that I use here.....I'm not sure what comes next. Does it magically appear on a2k? There weren't anymore directions on gravatar after the upload.

<scratching head in weary confusion>

Bathsheba
Dianne
bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:04 am
@bathsheba,
Oooooo!! It appeared! Thanks for the help, devriesj.

Bathsheba
Dianne
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:32 am
The magic of the internet is finally revealed...
devriesj

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:43 pm
@Miller,
Yeah! She's here! How ya doin', girlie?
bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:41 pm
@devriesj,
Having a day of horrible near-panic. Hoping to hear SOMETHING today.
Trying to distract the brain but not having much luck. Feeling very sorry for myself. Sticking close to the phone waiting and dreading/hoping for a call.

I bet you're now sorry you asked how I'm doing, eh? But thanks, devriesj. I appreciate it, with all you have to do, you take the time to ask how I am.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:45 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi bathsheba, I think it's a good sign that you've chosen an avatar with a life vest on.

It's a good symbol in a number of ways.

(I suspect there are other people who've popped in to read along - sorta keep you company from the background)

bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:50 pm
@ehBeth,
ehbeth, you're very insightful to have noticed that! That's me with the life vest on when we first got our boat three years ago.

You guys are all life savers, too, in so many ways.....I would be having a much tougher time without the people on this forum.

Thanks for jumping over to say hi.

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:04 pm
Hi Bathsheba, you're looking swell, keep smiling it suits you. I keep thinking no news is good news, hope I'm right. Keep strong.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:06 pm
@Dutchy,
I think we could work out something about keeping above the swells wearing a life vest ... a haiku?
bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:15 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi Dutchy,
Thanks, those were happy times. Haven't been smiling much at all lately.

Yup, I hope you're right too. Every time the phone rings my heart nearly goes into overdrive. Trying hard, but that life jacket is feeling like a strait jacket.

bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Is there a haiku thread on a2k?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:17 pm
@bathsheba,
bobbing above the
swells, her life vest doubles as
a lovely face frame

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:18 pm
@bathsheba,
there are actually a couple of haiku threads here - mixed into trivia and word games

I added a tag to one of them for original poetry (I think - I'm still working on my tagging skills)
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Nice, eh beth! My mind is too muddled at the moment but I'll try & come back with a haiku
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:48 pm
@bathsheba,
I sometimes find the word games helpful when I need to be distracted. Of course, then I end up dreaming about double letter word patterns, it's as good as dreaming about knitting.
bathsheba

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:59 pm
@ehBeth,
My mind will not be distracted today and probably not for awhile.

I am in a slightly pissed off mood right now, so not the best to play word games! I just cannot believe my body is doing this to me. Again.

Knitting. I've tried it and it didn't work out, probably because I'm a lefty and was being shown how to do it by a righty. Hobbies I like are watercolours, stained glass, needlepoint (some take me years to finish) for indoor things but I love to be outside walking, gardening, 4 wheelin in my jeep or paddling my kayak. Sitting here all day waiting for the phone to ring is making me slightly nuts. Or nuttier....

What have you knitted? I'd love to learn, but alas.

1. Forums
  2. » Breast lumps
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 04:17:54