bathsheba

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 07:56 pm
@philomina,
Good advice philomina. Some lumps can't be found except by mammogram or ultrasound, which is how mine was found on a yearly exam. Going through the cancer cure right now! Every woman should be screened every year. Never ever put off a mammo or ultrasound............I grew a 2 cm lump in between my exams.
Bathsheba
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 07:58 pm
@bathsheba,
Good to see you posting. Sorry to hear about the cold sores. I use a product called Super Lysine + made by a company called Quantum. I buy it at a local health food store but some pharmacy's carry it, I think. It's a salve in a tube that relieves the tingling and speeds healing -- actually, if you apply it when you first feel the tingling that signals a coming cold sore it can stop it from developing. Hope this helps!
bathsheba

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:07 pm
@Tai Chi,
Thanks Tai Chi, I'm not sure this is a cold sore. Are they supposed to tingle? Mine has no feeling...is like a blister.

Dianne
Bathy
Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:10 pm
@bathsheba,
oh... think we cross posted...

just in case
http://able2know.org/topic/120851-16#post-3582013

You're doing great gal. Keep going. x
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:36 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi Dianna, nice to hear some news from the 'cold' country. I agree you're in for the long haul with all that treatment but remember it is all done with a view to get you better.

Don't know much about cold sores except that they are contagious, because when my wife had them, she passed them on to me. I give you one guess how. Laughing

Son is doing ok. Boss is rebuilding the plant whilst he is fishing in the middle of the Australian Bight chasing the elusive Tuna.

Fires still burning here and posing a real threat in the next few days as the temperatures are soaring and high winds are expected. Death toll stands at 201 with 7000 people being homeless. Sofar well over $100 million has been donated to assists the victims with the survivors being dermined to rebuild.

Bathy we'll keep sending them positive vibes to you, I'll do my part and you do yours, and the end result will be a happy you. Best wishes from downunder and take care.

Hugs ((((Dianne))))
bathsheba

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 11:25 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie!
Thanks for the pep talk...sometimes I don't feel like I'm doing well at all. My legs have felt like rubber for the past 5 days and I worry about permanent damage from this crap. I still made myself walk around in the woods today with my doggies -with a walking stick like an old crone.

I didn't know you take oral chemo every week, Izzie. Is that pretty rough? How long do you have to take this stuff? I have read that mixing baking soda and water helps mouth sores. Dabbed some of that on whatever it is on my outer lower lip. This thing doesn't tingle, as Tai Chi mentioned cold sores do. I have never had one of these before in my life, so I assume it's my suppressed immune system digging up viruses. I will keep an eye on it (looks like a red blister) and try Zovirax and also some of the stuff Tai mentioned.

Good to know you guys are holding my hand.....wish I could return the favour and do something for you. Have you ever checked out naturopathic or homeopathic doctors to help with your immune system? Just wondering as I'm considering doing that when this mess is over.

You take good care of you, too!
Bathy
Dianne
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 11:31 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey, Dutchy,

Thanks for the gracious offer Smile to share! I think I'll pass on this one though.

Must find the link you sent about the Tuna Cowboys as I want to share it with a friend. My chemo brain is not cooperating about which thread you posted it on.

Pray there are no more FIRES! Enough is enough already.

Goodnight,
Dianne
Bathy
jespah

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:02 am
@bathsheba,
Good to see you today -- love that cheery yellow life preserver! Smile
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 07:51 am
@bathsheba,
Good morning! If the blister is not a cold sore bathy, you might try Vitamin E oil or salve. I've had good luck with using it on skin irritations or burns and it helps to minimize scarring. The Super Lysine + I mentioned probably wouldn't hurt as there are no harsh ingredients. I wouldn't use straight tea tree oil -- it can burn.

(If you take Vitamin E as a supplement just break open a capsule and use that.)
bathsheba

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 09:10 pm
@Tai Chi,
Good evening, ladies!

Thanks for advice, Tai Chi. I do have Vit E so will try that. It's not weeping or anything, or tingling or itching. Just a dry patch....I think I'm chemoed out. Good thing I only have one more damn session.

See ya on the threads.....
Dianne
Bathy
Izzie

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 04:23 am
@bathsheba,
Hey Bathy....

I wasn't sure if you had seen this on the other thread coz it kinda moves at a rate of knots some days and then mucho slow on the others. Hoping Osso et al will see it here coz they know about these things and always have good advice.

http://able2know.org/topic/111721-622#post-3588841
http://able2know.org/topic/111721-622#post-3588935

Hugs gal - whatever decision you make - it'll be the right one for you at the time. Weigh up uhe "fors" and "againsts" having the final session.

If it were me personally - I would go with the "fors" - but it's easy to say that when you're not the one going thru it. It's a whole different thing actually having to do it. Whichever way - yabber away girl if you wish and know we're all around at some time zone or another. x

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 12:34 pm
@Izzie,
I'm following, but I am no sharpie re chemo, Iz.
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:04 am
@Izzie,
Goin' for the whole shebang next week I guess.

Figure there's no percentage in quitting now.

Hope I didn't sink the yabber-liner with all my jabberwacky.

Best to you, Izzie, talk again soon! (HUGS) to Izzie!
Dianne
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:05 am
@bathsheba,
I'm quiet here, but have your back, Bethy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:18 pm
@bathsheba,
Standing by with my knitting needles.

~~~~

Yes, I'm still knitting. Not every evening now, but I did put in a couple of hours this weekend.

~~~~

In mucking around on the puter found this evidence of a knitting project from years ago

http://images.ladypb298.multiply.com/image/2/photos/11/400x400/5/cold-in-virginia.jpg?et=yEimj7kyGgZuc9D5ML1Duw&nmid=216387745

mrs. hamburger's wearing a sweater I knit her as a Christmas gift sometime in the early 1990's. Maple leaves around the yoke, maple leaves at one cuff, dancers around the other cuff. The thing's as warm as a winter coat.

Me, I'm wearing literally everything I had in my suitcase on that trip. Who knew it could be so cold in Virginia in April? no wonder I looked so lumpy - I had layers and layers of clothes and scarves on
jespah

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 03:47 am
Hanging around, too. Will pump iron tonight, lift you up with every bench press.
bathsheba

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 12:21 am
@ehBeth,
wow, ehBeth, that is a bootiful sweater and fancy to boot! Love the maple leaves. Ya otta consider making these things to sell. I'd buy one!

I didn't know Virginia was cold in April either. Musta been really cold for a Canuck to take notice....being as we're used to freezing our bums off. You are surely bundled up - should have had one of your sweaters on! What have you got in front of your nose?

Got to have one last (hope) chemo this Thurs. I would like to poke the nursing staff with one of those knitting needles of yours. They messed up last session and that was not fun for db.

Please, need some prayers, good vibes, whatever you guys can send this direction.........am a wee bit nervous that things will go ok this time....

db
Dianne
bathsheba

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 12:23 am
@jespah,
Thank you, jespah! Wow, how much can you bench press? I'm impressed. I would probably squash myself trying to lift one of those iron thingys over my head.

db
Dianne
Joeblow

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:06 am
@bathsheba,
Adding to the good vibe's contingent.

They'll be especially focused on Thursday, Bathy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 07:12 am
@bathsheba,
Only 25 but I look fierce while doing it. Wink

1. Forums
  2. » Breast lumps
  3. » Page 17
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:12:18