ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:22 pm
checking in again..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 03:05 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
It could be something or it could be nothing. You won't know until after the 19th. So stop worrying about it. Really, don't add to your stress. Try to put it from your mind.

Bathsheba- Listen to Mame. I too had a benign breast lump removed a[ number of years ago. Nothing. Even if the lump is not benign, today there are very efficient treatments for breast cancer. Half the time that I go for mammograms, they see calcifications, test further, and find nothing.

There is nothing to be gained by worrying. Take it as it comes, and deal with it.
I would suspect that there are many women on A2K who have similar stories.
devriesj

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 09:00 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I agree with Phoenix. Well said.
Just checking in. Where are you Bathsheba?
bathsheba

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:18 pm
@devriesj,
I'm just freaking out, is where I am. If I hadn't had so much else happen to me healthwise in the past two years (life threatening) I might be able to cope better, but this is slam dunk #3 and I'm sick of it all.

I hear what you are all saying, and I appreciate your words. I know the stats are on my side and I also know **** happens.

Re: the treatments....if it should be breast cancer, I hear the treatments can later cause leukemia and other sorts of problems.

I wish I could stop crying. Please wish me well. Tomorrow at 8 am I will be in happy zone while they cut away. I will surely let you know what the results will be but it may be a few days before I know anything.

Bathsheba
Dianne
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:36 pm
@bathsheba,
Now even I am thinking you're putting some carts before the horse. Leukemia possible from treatment? I haven't looked at stats on that, but that's a big jump pre biopsy..

breathe deep, slowly, and experience one day at a time.

We do all wish you well, very well. ((hugs from osso))
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:37 pm
@bathsheba,
Dianne, we're right here. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You're in the 'home stretch', just a few more hours. You can make it through. Just breathe. I'll be thinking of & praying for you. If you need support between the biopsy and the results, we'll be here for you to vent, rant, rage - whatever.
(((hugs from here too)))
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:43 pm
@bathsheba,
I've been mulling over a good news/bad news situation for the last 24 hours.

My brother is a soldier and he is going to be stationed at a base just a few hours from my house for the next two years. I adore my brother. He's the greatest. We haven't lived this close to each other since we lived in the same house before he left for college. We're going to get together in the next few weeks, we're planning meet ups, I'll get to see family over the holidays. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

So what's the bad news? He'll spend a year of that two years in Iraq.

Since I'm in the good news/bad news mode....

The bad news: You have to get through this awful, scary thing.

The good news: You will get through it. You'll get through it even if it is cancer. You caught it early. You have access to health care. There are very effective treatments. You have people who care and who are ready to listen.

I wish you well. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Hold your dominion.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:17 pm
Bathsheba will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you heaps of good vibes.
Your old friend from downunder. Smile
bathsheba

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:37 pm
@Dutchy,
Thank you guys and gals. I can barely see through the tears to type but I wanted to say I appreciate your support. I'm just tired out from worry. So am off to bed for the early surgery in the morning. Thanks for the prayers and good vibes.

bathsheba

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:38 pm
@Dutchy,
Thanks Dutchy. I'm hoping to feel good soon so we can play more word games. Take care in the downunder and I'll be in touch soon as I can,
Bathsheba
Dianne
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:49 pm
@boomerang,
Boomer, I'm so glad you're going to have time to spend with your brother and your family. It'll be like old times.
Hopefully with the current administration going out at the end of the year the war will end very soon. Is he ok about going to Iraq? What's his job as a soldier?

Holding that dominion..........and you hold yours, too!
Bathsheba
Dianne
littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:51 pm
@bathsheba,
Good Luck!!!!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 07:51 am
@bathsheba,
Thinking about you this morning..... not sure what time zone you're in so will keep ommming until we hear from you.

My brother is a General. They'll keep him safe. He'll be fine.

So will you.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:00 pm
<tap tap tap>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:50 pm
ooooommmming, tapping, and hand-holding here, bathsheba.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:03 am
........still waiting......
bathsheba

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:46 pm
@littlek,
Hi you all,

Thanks for checking in & asking about me.

I was too sore & drowsy to type anything yesterday - both boobs wrapped tightly so I am now totally flat-chested. The surgery went ok but I won't have results of what they biopsied for a few days.............grinding my teeth..........the damn doctor said he won't tell me over the phone whether it was benign or not. I have to drive to his office. Is he human? I'd like to put his testicles into one of those mammogram machines............

I'll let you know when I know anything, whenever that will be.

B
Dianne
JPB

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:48 pm
@bathsheba,
We'll continue to keep you company while you wait and hold your hand while you're getting the results. Keep posting. Keep talking.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:31 pm
@bathsheba,
Thank you for the news! Interesting decision by the doctor - maybe you should assume he knows what he's doing (not meant sarcastically, though it might sound so).
devriesj

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:05 pm
@littlek,
Right here for hugs and hand-holding while you wait. Know it's stressful & the worst part.

1. Forums
  2. » Breast lumps
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 05:23:55