Corporations Seize Control of Commodities

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 05:13 pm
The global food crisis won't go away any time soon. Capitalism has the average consumer by the belly. Amid growing signs of famine and outrage, the entire chain of commodities and resources of the world are now being cornered by giant corporations. Farmland, water, fertilizer, seed, energy, and most of the basic necessities of life are falling under corporate control, providing increased wealth and power to the ruling elite while the rest of humanity struggles.

Commodity scarcity in India was recently reflected in the need to distribute fertilizer from the police station in Hingoli. Now police have to control the lines that form outside of dealer outlets, because the dealers won't open for business otherwise. Without this intervention there would be no fertilizer for the planting that must take place before the rain comes. In Akola and Nanded, police involvement is also needed. Agriculture officers have fled their work places to escape angry farmers. In Karnataka, a farmer was shot dead during protests, while farmers stormed meetings and set up road blocks in other districts.

http://www.naturalnews.com/023757.html
weep not and think not.
Wait for the death and chat a while.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 459 • Replies: 15
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 05:44 pm
thats life.

predators eat prey.

corporations eat us.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 05:57 pm
What can i say sir except thanks and regards
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 06:04 pm
Nothing to do with the subject of my thread but relevant quote from an American.

The key problem is the asymmetry of governmental power over corporations in democratic and authoritarian regimes. In Washington, a CEO of a major corporation is an important political player who makes big PAC donations, maintains legions of lawyers and lobbyists, files lawsuits against the government, writes legislation, and influences regulatory decisions. In Beijing, Riyadh, or Moscow, however, the same CEO is a supplicant. He doesn't file lawsuits against these governments; indeed, he needs to maintain favor and keep the bureaucrats and party operatives happy.

Moreover, he will use his influence in Washington to do what is necessary to curry favor in authoritarian capitals. This is why the Business Round Table and U.S. Chamber of Commerce have been telling the Congress not to worry about China's currency-management policies that put U.S.-based producers at a disadvantage. Many in the global business community have effectively become lobbyists for the autocrats.

The standard argument in U.S. economic and foreign-policy circles is that globalization, by making nations richer, will also make them more democratic. In fact, the global corporation acts as a conveyor belt to carry non-democratic values into democratic societies. This is not to say it can't work the other way around, but the power relationships are such that it's more natural for a Google to yield to China's Internet police than to defy them. The CEOs may kowtow in more plush surroundings than other supplicants, but their position is just the same.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=our_ceos_their_foreign_agents
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:19 pm
a country which wage war and butcher withe innocent people in the name of democracy is not my hell or heaven.

A country which cross the ocean to maime and torturte the innocents without any legal legitimate logic is not my hell or my heaven.
A country which dance according to the tunes of corporate criminals is not my hell or heaven.
A country which needs so much fan-fare to elect a doll to sit in a toilet house is not my hell or heaven.
A country where the journalists are cowards to be an embedded journalists and spread the air with nonsensical English is not my hell nor my heaven.
Rama Fuchs
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:01 pm
Yes
we need a change.
A CHANGE to chase out the consummate compassionate corporate controlled criminal system
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 02:07 pm
All you Republicans, get out your wallets and start buying stocks.
And all you Democrats, join a hedge fund and learn how to short the market.
http://www.economist.com/daily/columns/marketview/displayStory.cfm?story_id=11907621
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 02:32 pm
Buttonwood

Fuel for thought
Aug 7th 2008
From The Economist print edition

Despite lower commodity prices, there is still a lot to worry about

http://www.economist.com/finance/displayStory.cfm?story_id=11896992
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 05:06 pm
allowing CEO's arrogant and showing the American cloth( Flag) is no more saleable.
Wake up USA
It is too late
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 05:58 pm
I am an athiest.

When criminals approved to ruin the life of innocents with the approval of religious god's name( Bin laden, B)
then dream of your natural death..

CHANGE
realCHANGE
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:33 pm
Help the humans and show not your dirty flags wich is only a cloth
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:09 pm
support and uphold decency.
Thanks
Rama
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:04 pm
Global warming rage lets global hunger grow
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, International Business Editor

We drive, they starve. The mass diversion of the North American grain harvest into ethanol plants for fuel is reaching its political and moral limits.

"The reality is that people are dying already," said Jacques Diouf, of the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). "Naturally people won't be sitting dying of starvation, they will react," he said.

The UN says it takes 232kg of corn to fill a 50-litre car tank with ethanol. That is enough to feed a child for a year. Last week, the UN predicted "massacres" unless the biofuel policy is halted.
link
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 02:49 pm
Anybody understand the i critical views of Blueflame.
He speeks my language though we are not from the same place of birth.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:56 pm
@Ramafuchs,
I beg to submit this view.
US citizens are decent nice and friendly but their corporate controlled political system is not so nice if not rotten to the core.
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:20 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Our CEOs, Their Foreign Agents

International business executives with enormous domestic influence cater to the demands of authoritarian regimes abroad
The key problem is the asymmetry of governmental power over corporations in democratic and authoritarian regimes. In Washington, a CEO of a major corporation is an important political player who makes big PAC donations, maintains legions of lawyers and lobbyists, files lawsuits against the government, writes legislation, and influences regulatory decisions. In Beijing, Riyadh, or Moscow, however, the same CEO is a supplicant. He doesn't file lawsuits against these governments; indeed, he needs to maintain favor and keep the bureaucrats and party operatives happy.

Moreover, he will use his influence in Washington to do what is necessary to curry favor in authoritarian capitals. This is why the Business Round Table and U.S. Chamber of Commerce have been telling the Congress not to worry about China's currency-management policies that put U.S.-based producers at a disadvantage. Many in the global business community have effectively become lobbyists for the autocrats.

The standard argument in U.S. economic and foreign-policy circles is that globalization, by making nations richer, will also make them more democratic. In fact, the global corporation acts as a conveyor belt to carry non-democratic values into democratic societies. This is not to say it can't work the other way around, but the power relationships are such that it's more natural for a Google to yield to China's Internet police than to defy them. The CEOs may kowtow in more plush surroundings than other supplicants, but their position is just the same.
http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=our_ceos_their_foreign_agents
0 Replies