H2O MAN

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:18 pm
Anybody who's white, and votes for Obama because he's black...is cheating themselves.
If you're basing your decision on skin pigment alone, you're a filthy racist. Even if you're a liberal!
If you cast your vote that way, it should only be because you think he's the right man for the job.

And that's all I have to say about that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 718 • Replies: 4
No top replies

snood

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:34 pm
Quote:
And that's all I have to say about that.

I'm taking all bets on that statement.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:51 pm
Ah, interracial voting. I seem to have heard something about that. I suppose black people who vote for McCain are also racist? Whatever happened to vote your concience and who you vote for is nobody's damn business?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 06:56 pm
i think in 2008 most people who vote dont really take race into consideration.

think about it.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:33 pm
I believe there will be individuals that will vote for Obama out of wanting to think of themselves as not racist. That is different than white guilt. I have observed practically no white guilt in my life. So, I think that is a misnomer, or misconception. I have though encountered a personal desire, by some, to think of themselves as not an old fashion racist, and therefore will try very hard to treat African-Americans with extra special care. Sort of like Affirmative Action on a personal level.

I personally believe we keep hearing about white guilt, since those that want Obama to win might realize that Obama needs more than his core constituency to win, so it might be hoped that many white folk can be induced to vote for him out of some imaginary white guilt. Would it not be better if this race card did not have to enter the campaign? Hey, just have an African-American candidate as the VP slot for the Republicans. The symmetry would be beautiful, in my opinion.
0 Replies