Remembering Noddy24, Always

sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:15 pm
@doglady13,
Hello doglady,

Welcome, welcome, welcome to A2K.

She spoke very highly of you -- she always looked forward to your visits and seemed sad once the visit was over (but in her stoic way of course).

It would be wonderful if you could stick around. But thanks already for checking in. (And please pass on my heartfelt thanks to your husband for pushing her into opening her world -- in doing so, and allowing us access to Noddy, he improved many of our worlds, as well.)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:37 pm
@sozobe,
Oh, goofy, I mean, doglady, your post made me cry...

We're not always so berserk, but all of us, or many, loved Noddy, deeply, not surface stuff although that too.

The goofy was a tease from me..

It is killing us she's not here.
We don't want to somehow own her in some online way, more that we want to add.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:42 pm
@doglady13,
DL13,

Miss Noddy kept me pointed right, when I truly needed vision.

She was a most wonderful lady, and will live on in more hearts than even she imagined. She is SO missed, and MUCH loved.

Thank you for posting,

RH
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:36 pm
@doglady13,
Hi L___,

I've wanted to meet you ever since I met D___. It was at Jasper White's Summer Shack, was it a few years ago? We all had a blast. I slipped a book in Noddy's purse before my husband (he's Region Philbis on this site) and I had to leave. Can't recall what book it was, it was a paperback.

A few months ago, Noddy returned the favor and sent me a book called The Strange Adventures of Ranger Girl. It's sitting on this desk.

You've made us all very happy tonight.

Good night from the Eastern side of Massachusetts.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:40 pm
@doglady13,
Dear Noddy's Daughter-In-Law,

Thank you for writing. I am always happy when hard and true members' loved ones come to visit. I, many of us, really did absolutely adore Noddy. Your husband's efforts to get her online did most of us a great service as Noddy was our matriarch, or goddess of wisdom.
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 08:03 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Dear Noddy's Daughter-In-Law,

Thank you for writing. I am always happy when hard and true members' loved ones come to visit. I, many of us, really did absolutely adore Noddy.

My sentiments are the same as Kris'.

Thanks so much for checking in and seeing where Noddy spent a lot of her time.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 05:11 pm
I needed to write to Noddy tonite... this morning.... not maudlin... just some words I know she would have been happy to hear and share....

It's 12th September 2008 - a day I didn't think would arrive for the BigBoy... Noddy told me it would - she believed it when I didn't - she was wise in her words to me regarding this.

I've been sat outside - the moon is so bright - the night is like day and the stars are out - of course, I feel Noddy around me when I look at the moon. She would understand how important today is for me - hard to explain - but she would understand - I miss her terribly, selfishly, but today, 12th September 2008 is a special day. My BigBoy turned 16. I wish I could tell her.
caribou

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:39 pm
@doglady13,
Thank you so much, doglady for posting.

It brought tears to my eyes. I still miss her terribly.
Thank your husband for us, for making her get on the computer.
I can't imagine not having read her words.

Lurk all you like. And post!
Welcome to A2K and thank you!
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:40 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, Happy Birthday to your son!

And Noddy knows.
Izzie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:55 pm
@caribou,
Thanku 'Bou - and I think she would know too. My son came home tonite.

Welcome Noddy's DIL - my love to you and D. Much. x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've been learning to "Tag" by tagging my old threads, and just yesterday I came across two that I probably started on late night riffs and they built into enjoyable repartee past the original posts, and Noddy was right there.

I'll look for them tomorrow and post the links here, given that I find them again.
They were the kind of threads that just develop, no matter the original subject.
0 Replies

omacneil

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 08:51 am
@jespah,
Noddy's wake is this Saturday 09/20/08 1-4pm in Easton PA

Email me: [email protected], you want details about attending.
FreeDuck

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 10:20 am
@doglady13,
doglady, thank you for posting. We are most grateful to you and your husband for pushing her into our lives. She was an anchor of wisdom for us. I sometimes can't believe how much I miss her.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 12:13 pm
@FreeDuck,
A lot of us will be at the wake from afar.
jespah

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 03:24 pm
@omacneil,
Thank you, D___.

Folks, if you need details you can also contact me by hitting "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page (please don't hit report). Thanks and there will be a lot of us there in spirit.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 04:09 pm
@jespah,
it hurts to see those avatars. I miss Cav so much.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 04:22 pm
@omacneil,
Thanks for inviting us!
I'll be thinking of all of you on Saturday.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:27 pm
@ossobuco,
tonight, brendalee was telling Set about spending a week with Noddy in New York - we were inspired by that big old moon in the sky to tell stories

good memories. trying to stay in the Noddy spirit - upbeat, witty, a little bit sly and dry.
msolga

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:40 pm
@doglady13,
doglady? The same doglady who used to post regularly a while back? (If so, wow, what a surprise! Surprised And, if not, please excuse my confusing you with someone else.)
Either way, thank you so much for posting & sharing your thoughts about Noddy.
And you'll be back, right? Wink
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeh. Part of what I miss is a good face to face argument with Noddy.. imagining.. snacks and views, but she had a depth of view.

We talked via pms and phone, but the phone efforts were messy, re my hearing

I so miss her..