Remembering Noddy24, Always

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:07 am
@msolga,
Not the same person, msolga; doglady13 is a new member.
msolga

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:36 am
@jespah,
Thanks for clearing that up, jespah,

Now, please carry on, everyone ....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 07:22 am
@doglady13,
Oh!! Thank you Doglady13...how lovely to hear from you!!!!

We would all love it if you hung around.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 03:33 pm
@ossobuco,

I'm very glad to have those memories from the week in NY, and some very good photos.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:24 am
@omacneil,
I'll be there in spirit - I think that's about 6am Sunday our time
msolga

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:40 am
@omacneil,
I dearly wish I could come, omacneil, but unfortunately I am on the wrong side of the planet (Australia). But I will check out EST (Oz time) & stop then for a while & think (again) of Noddy. I still find it hard to believe she's not with us any more.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:42 am
@margo,
Right: 6 am Sunday, eastern Oz time. (Thanks, margo.)
Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 06:51 pm
@msolga,
I've been sitting outside talking to Noddy tonite.... the moon is half a moon.... very beautiful, very peaceful... I've been sitting by the river.

NoddySon and DIL.... I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I wish I could be there to celebrate Noddy's life, in person with you.... but I will be with you in Spirit...

This song means a lot to me... it's not a normal Noddy kinda tune, but she would understand why I'm playing it here.

Tears now... miss her so...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tX78o30E778&feature=related

Rest peacefully Noddy... as Tulip would say, Never Forgotten. Don't worry about Tulip - will look out for her.

x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 07:15 pm
@omacneil,
OK, that means 11 a.m. here tomorrow morning.

Consider me there.
Well, consider us as there.

Jill called me a few times, each time a surprise and pleasure.. so I remember her so elegant voice and phrasing well. I will picture her commenting succinctly on the wake tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves.
I don't know, naturally, if you folks imbibe, but I know Noddy liked a cocktail once in a while. And it is a wake. So, whatever was her favorite, I'll hoist a virtual crystal glass and smile at her, and her family.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 08:22 pm
three, or perhaps four, a2k'rs will be at a pedal-powered dance party tomorrow late morning/early afternoon - we'll raise a carrot juice toast to her (cola for setanta)

I imagine Noddy being quite entertained by the idea - if there had been something like this on the go during one of our New York trips I know she'd have been keen to see what was going on - always curious about things.

http://www.mrsomethingsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bikepoweredshowmrsomething2.jpg
jespah

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 08:51 am
@ehBeth,

Aroo, Noddy, and Noddy's family. Love from us to you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 08:56 am
http://www.markmallett.com/blog/wp-images/candle-in-the-dark.jpg
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 11:33 am
Yes, been thinking about Noddy today, especially. (Don't consciously think about her most days as I seem to have her "voice" residing in my head. She is still giving me very good advice.)
ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 12:40 pm
@Tai Chi,
we danced for Noddy today. at the Jazz Age party on Governor's Island last year, I told her I'd take the classes and dance for sure.

The pedal-powered party was opportune - I danced with Jen and her baby grand-daughter Lily. Bailey howled as the band danced, shimmied and drummed toward us - my friend Paul (in the band) howled back - I truly laughed out loud - Bailey and Paul howled for Noddy!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 01:57 pm
Thinking of how supportive Noddy was when I needed support. She was a Crone's crone. Love you always, Noddy.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 03:27 pm
remembering............
ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 03:31 pm
@margo,
remembering..
Izzie

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
remembering....

x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
Goodbye, Miss Noddy.

A part of you will linger in me through the end of my days...

(hugs)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:33 pm
Missing Noddy big time. Always will.
0 Replies