[answered] Why is H20_MAN allowed to sh*t all over A2K?

margo

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:23 pm
Confused
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:27 pm
To borrow a single word from the thesaurus of miss noddy. When you see someone who gets your bp up and your temperature rising all you have to do is

Scroll.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:30 pm
snood wrote:
You forgot to say...

Rock.

Rolling Eyes

Snood, my friend...

If this ain't yer hill, shut yer pie hole...

:wink:
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:33 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

As for bans; I'd start with the rapist, hands down.

Considering that my posts conform to TOS better than yours do, on what grounds? Not liking a point of view is not justification for banning from the community the one voicing that POV. Free speech in free society is based upon all following agreed rules for behaviour, contrary to you ignorant opinion it is not based upon passing a moral ideology test in order to gain the right to speak.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:34 pm
Cripes a mighty....

Can we just declare a one day ban on idiotic pissing contests in honor of Noddy ?

Please ?

Pretty please ?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:36 pm
Reverberating LTX...

Hawk STFU for a bit, or go find a fireproof suit...

Rock

(for snood)

:wink:
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:38 pm
Rock....

This means all of us.

You and me too.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:39 pm
I'm out with apologies to Miss Noddy...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 06:07 am
Ignoring people simple helps to squeeze the mind into a narrower crack.

And it's in bad taste as well.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:50 am
Quote:
And it's in bad taste as well.
Spendi
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:21 am
Green Witch wrote:
I admit I'm here less because of a handful of posters. I click on and see who is around and if I see three or more of the dreaded names I go off to other places. I know I should just ignore them, but even the titles of some posts make my blood pressure rise.

I actually remember liking H2Oman. I thought it was really sweet the way he answered everyones water questions (and he never questioned their politics in the process). Now I find him pathetic in the way of all closed minded extremists. He's just another member of the American Taliban waiving his AK47 in the air and making ignorant statements.

I look forward to the activation of the Ignore! feature. I think a lot of these silly people will suddenly find themselves to be alone.

Sad

i dread that day as well. being alone is going to SUX!
haha greenie, always liked you though.

hopefully my rants on the corruption of modern day politics and police haven't disturbed you to much!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 12:02 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
hopefully my rants on the corruption of modern day politics and police haven't disturbed you to much!

That's not the kind of thing people would use the ignore function for. It would be used by people who wish to participate in a thread, but don't wish to be bothered by those who show up to attack other members, but not to contribute to the discussion.

If anyone here has little or no interest in your rants, all they need do is avoid your threads.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 02:28 am
When are the lousy moderators going to do something about Kicky? Why is he allowed to post a bunch of stupid sex threads? Aren't there enough places on the net for him to masturbate? Why do they allow him to masturbate all over this site?

For that matter, why are dumb people allowed to use the site? Why are people with stupid political beliefs allowed to talk about them? Why are people allowed to post stupid emoticon posts? Why are people allowed to take up the majority of the site with stupid word games? Why are people allowed to go off topic? Why is Bill allowed to tell people to kill themselves? Why is dlowan allowed to say the site is going to hell in a handbasket for allowing personal attacks while taking advantage of the new leniency to get in personal attacks on the same day? Seriously, there is a veritable shitload of stuff I don't like here. Why don't moderators delete everything I don't want to read before I have to read it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 02:37 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
When are the lousy moderators going to do something about Kicky? Why is he allowed to post a bunch of stupid sex threads? Aren't there enough places on the net for him to masturbate? Why do they allow him to masturbate all over this site?

For that matter, why are dumb people allowed to use the site? Why are people with stupid political beliefs allowed to talk about them? Why are people allowed to post stupid emoticon posts? Why are people allowed to take up the majority of the site with stupid word games? Why are people allowed to go off topic? Why is Bill allowed to tell people to kill themselves? Why is dlowan allowed to say the site is going to hell in a handbasket for allowing personal attacks while taking advantage of the new leniency to get in personal attacks on the same day? Seriously, there is a veritable shitload of stuff I don't like here. Why don't moderators delete everything I don't want to read before I have to read it?

Democracy.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 02:39 am
LOL

lololololloooolllllllol

eeeyup!

If you cant hack the pace get out of the fire. (or something)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:01 am
dlowan wrote:

Democracy.

What does Democracy have to do with the moderator's inability to censor the site to my liking? Why don't the moderators just censor the things I don't like?

Why, for example, do the moderators allow dadpad and drewdad to both exist as usernames? I confuse them often and if they were running a tight ship they wouldn't put up with such similar monikers.

And don't get me started on all caps. Why is that allowed? Why do they allow you to quote a huge ass post right after it just to say one word? That drives me nuts and they allow it left and right, those bastards!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:14 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Democracy.

What does Democracy have to do with the moderator's inability to censor the site to my liking? Why don't the moderators just censor the things I don't like?

Why, for example, do the moderators allow dadpad and drewdad to both exist as usernames? I confuse them often and if they were running a tight ship they wouldn't put up with such similar monikers.

And don't get me started on all caps. Why is that allowed? Why do they allow you to quote a huge ass post right after it just to say one word? That drives me nuts and they allow it left and right, those bastards!

YEAH!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:15 am
dlowan wrote:

My beef with the change in Mod policy is that it has not been made clear that most TOS no longer apply, so I think that is unfair to people signing on thinking the forum is managed in one way, when it isn't....and for a number of us who have been around for a while, ( well, me) the new lack of moderation makes the place frankly revolting a lot of the time.

The TOS apparently seems to mean whatever the reader wants it to. Ever since it's been up I see people quoting it to assert that whatever censorship they advocate is not just reasonable, but is the very terms of service. Thing is, it's really not an agreement between the users and the site about what the moderators should do, it's an agreement about what they can do. Moderation policy has always been defined elsewhere and the TOS needs to be a simple agreement between the user and the site about the right to use the user-submitted content and/or censor it in this medium.

In reality the TOS is not moderation policy, and really just sets out to establish this:

Quote:
You agree that any content created by you and published on the Service may be copied, edited, removed, reused, modified, published, transmitted and displayed in all media by Able2Know, the service's Affiliate Partners and their successors, assigns and licensees, and you hereby grant to those entities the perpetual right to do so. In addition, you waive any moral rights you may have in with respect to the content being altered or attributed in a manner not agreeable to you.

I do agree that it needs editing, not because moderation policy has changed but because it's being confused as moderation policy when is really a simple, broad legal implement.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:37 am
dadpad wrote:

YEAH!

Evidently drewdad, we differ greatly in our concept of "huge ass". And quite frankly I don't think that's a discrepancy that should be abided on this forum.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:45 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Democracy.

Quite.

And quite right, too.

It ought not be allowed.

I was giving you what I thought was your own answer back...I would likely just say your complaints are the result of your having kicked an own petard.

Your comments re the TOS are true if you say so, you'd know.

I have never heard that said in any section of the site before, though, so it would likely have been useful to say it a long time ago, if they were never meant to guide members' conduct.

The TOS have certainly always been open to multiple interpretations, as is the nature of such things, but I am utterly astounded to hear you say they have never influenced Moderation policy.

I have no problem with you doing whatever you please with the site, but I think it simply silly to deny there has been a change in mod policy, and I (now) have the right to express my feelings about it, even while, as you rightly point out as an inconsistency, utilising the change...hell, my comments would have been removed previously because they are discussing moderation policy.

You also have a perfect right to point out the ironies of such criticism. (I was well aware of the irony re the personal attacks.)

My criticism has nothing to do with the moderation, as such, by the way...it has to do with policy...

My "frankly revolting a lot of the time" is actually a very unfair comment, which I withdraw and apologise for, now that I look at it again.

There have been a few incidents of revoltingness relating to very libellous comments made about a few people, that have made me feel very distressed on their behalf.

I am prone to exaggeration when thinking about that.
0 Replies