[answered] Why is H20_MAN allowed to sh*t all over A2K?

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:36 pm
Just wondering. It seems that he violates each of the following items in the TOS on a daily basis. So what gives?

1) Be courteous. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other members, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt topics with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam." Spammers will be removed from the service, and their accounts terminated.

4) Vulgar speech is not tolerated. Vulgarisms may be deleted or edited, and may result in a warning or eventual removal of the member from the site.

5) Lively debate is accepted, and even encouraged, but personal attacks are not. Active topics and heated debate are welcome in the Able2Know service. However, personal attacks are a direct violation of this Agreement and are grounds for immediate and permanent removal from the service.

6) While occasional breaches of decorum in the heat of debate will be tolerated, members whose interactions are marked by a consistent pattern of demeaning and abusive interactions will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including permanent removal from the service.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 15,286 • Replies: 304
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:39 pm
Craven mentioned earlier this year that A2K is moving towards "self-moderation".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:40 pm
Self-moderation?! Like Abuzz? Yikes.

I don't think that H2O is any worse than some of our old-timers.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:43 pm
You must not frequent the political threads then.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:44 pm
I try to avoid the ones where I know I'll get pissed off.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:45 pm
littlek wrote:

yes and yes
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:45 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Craven mentioned earlier this year that A2K is moving towards "self-moderation".

That sounds nice. I have no idea what it means, but it sounds nice. Does it mean that we can just disregard the TOS completely from now on then?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:52 pm
ehBeth wrote:
littlek wrote:

yes and yes

That second yes isn't clear to me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:58 pm
littlek wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
littlek wrote:

yes and yes

That second yes isn't clear to me.

She thinks H[size=7]2[/size]SO[size=7]4[/size] is no worse than some of our previous/other current members.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:00 pm
kickycan wrote:
wandeljw wrote:

That sounds nice. I have no idea what it means, but it sounds nice. Does it mean that we can just disregard the TOS completely from now on then?

Pretty much, but my understanding is that the next incarnation of A2k will give us stuff like the ability to ignore people and such.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:14 pm
Aside from an ignore feature, there is a scroll feature. If ya get my drift.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:30 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

My favourite with this and a few other members is the "Don't Open the Thread" feature.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:36 pm
dlowan wrote:
H[size=7]2[/size]SO[size=7]4[/size]

<snicker>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:36 pm
Thats like my "Call LAter" feature in my cell phone. Ive already installed a blocker for certin posters.
Has anyone heard from Deb lately?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:39 pm
<snort>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:48 pm
dlowan wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

My favourite with this and a few other members is the "Don't Open the Thread" feature.

Both of these are solutions that put the onus on the innocent viewer, and not on the assh*le in question. It should be the other way around.

But I guess the ignore feature will alleviate all that. Cool.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:51 pm
use firefox as your browser and you already have that option

it's quite handy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:48 pm
WellÂ…I had been thinking seriously about coming back to A2K to do some posting in the Politics forum, but if this kind of conduct is still going on, I guess I will stay away for another year.

I just do not see why people cannot find acceptable alternatives to the sort of conduct young Kicky has brought to the forum's attention.

Oh, by the way-this might be an appropriate time to ask: What is the currently fashionable, acceptable alternative to calling someone a knee-jerk, right wing jackass?

I'm getting a lot older these days and the "thesaurus" part of my brain has shut down.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:51 pm
So glad you're back, cookie..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:07 pm
Well, ah, zest for combat, intellectual, pseudo-intellectual, emotional, playful, freudian, undermining, lack of meds tinged, gin or other fuel fueled, boredom-ramped, will always be with us.

I usually don't go out of my tree about it unless it spans a wide breadth of threads, except of course when I do, I'm no paragon.

My not very practiced viewing of the fellow in question is that he's a gleeful provocateur for his camp.

One doesn't have to feed it. (I relented and said 'Hiss!' the other day, silly, but that is what I take the turd flings as.)

Some of us on a2k are rather robotic in glomming on to a question to the eventual distraught boredom/dismissal of others. And once in a while that behavior bears fruit, probably in the philosophy section, and usually by which time I'm long gone. But some back and forth is simply attempts at word boxing, escalating to rude splatting - word sport. Some word sport has a vile component.

I'm not always against it, I probably learn from it. But.. I don't have to tune in.
0 Replies