[answered] Why is H20_MAN allowed to sh*t all over A2K?

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:08 pm
I still tend to call a jackass a jackass, but i suppose i would be lumped together along with H2O and his cronies. Actually, i think Cjhsa is about the worst here. He started a thread which is now locked, to which Dappad responded with a question, to which the clown responded be telling him to "f*ck off, loser."

I hardly ever go into the political threads any longer because it is so much bullshit. There are nasty types there, such as Finn, who still attempt to actually argue with someone point by point, but more and more often, they are dominated by types like H2O or Cjhsa. You can have a discussion with Finn, for all that he takes every opportunity to make disparaging personal allusions (he usually refers to me as "pooch," or makes comments on the dog i use as my avatar picture), and someone like Mysteryman, whom i consider misguided, will nevertheless be civil and attempt a discussion point by point. But it deteriorates. In a thread in which she was getting pasted on every argument she brought up, Foxfyre has recently claimed a deterioration of the discussion there, and blamed it on "our resident liberals."

Abuzz got like this before the end, and i stopped going there because it was no longer possible to have any kind of discussion, even a reasonable argument. I know most people here probably won't believe it, but i don't call other people names or make insulting personal allusions until it has been done to me. It is no longer worthwhile to post in most political threads here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:25 pm
Well, Set, I see much of that as static fuzzbuttons in the realm of discourse.

I'm not swell at discourse but like the real thing when I see it.

My own interest is a continuing work on how I think, so I do tune in to politics and sometimes but not often read a link. Every so often I say with some heart what I think, which usually generates a ring of silence, as people are forebearant (don't know the spelling but I like that one) since I usually don't go slamming after them in any concerted effort.

Slamming, whoever started it, begets slamming, begets slamming, begets slamming.

Boring to folks like me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:28 pm
I see people on a2k as on a continuum, not only as a group, but for individuals. We often equilibrate our views, or I hope we do, in various directions. Sometimes the loudest are about to do a switcheroo.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:20 pm
I think the Ignore function will likely help a lot in a lot of ways.

One can presumably not ignore people whose opinions one totally disagrees with, but with whom one may enjoy and benefit from arguing with, and only ignore those who contribute nothing at all.

It would be sad to simply ignore those with whom one disagrees.

The Firefox Ignore means one can see that one of the nutjobs has posted, but not read the post, unless someone else quotes it. This means curiosity can still get the better of you.....but...

Not sure how the new A2k Ignore will work.

It's funny...I used the Firefox thing for a while recently, but now tend not to, because the ability to ignore somehow becomes easier.

Posters (ike Finn as one example) who just go finding any opinion or thread he disagrees with in order rebut or be rude, ie those who just like to fight, will likely not want to use it.....but I think it will make a difference for a lot of us.

My beef with the change in Mod policy is that it has not been made clear that most TOS no longer apply, so I think that is unfair to people signing on thinking the forum is managed in one way, when it isn't....and for a number of us who have been around for a while, ( well, me) the new lack of moderation makes the place frankly revolting a lot of the time.

But I think (from the odd glimpse Craven has left around the place...Announcements isn't a bad place to find them!) that the new A2k is likely to provide us with ways to manage stuff that will be cool when we get used to them.

I am quite excited to see the new beast.......though the sound of distant hoofbeats has been going on for rawther a long time!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:31 pm
Well, I certainly intend to ignore reyn, dys, jlnobody, rockhead, letty and about twenty other pests, because I never liked any of them.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:41 pm
Believe it or not
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:47 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Well, I certainly intend to ignore reyn, dys, jlnobody, rockhead, letty and about twenty other pests, because I never liked any of them.

I am offended that you have not, yet, declared your intention to ignore me!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:48 pm
who the hell are you anyway?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

You were included when I wrote "and about twenty other pests." Jees, I am not a good typer. I can't be expected to write it all out every time. It's like my Mama, Roseanne Roseanna Turner always told me: "You canta please a evabody. So don't please a anybody until they give a you money."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:17 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
who the hell are you anyway?

That's a big question.

Shall I start before I was born, or the short version, from birth until now?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:18 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
dlowan wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

You were included when I wrote "and about twenty other pests." Jees, I am not a good typer. I can't be expected to write it all out every time. It's like my Mama, Roseanne Roseanna Turner always told me: "You canta please a evabody. So don't please a anybody until they give a you money."

You won't be blithe by the time I finish with you, Edmund.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:24 pm
(mutter) ain't gone tell me I like her when I don't. (grumble gripe)
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:18 pm
i must be doing something wrong..

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD ABOUT ME! gahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*spam*spam*spam*spam*

i hate u all!!!

rawr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:22 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
(mutter) ain't gone tell me I like her when I don't. (grumble gripe)

You didn't get the Shakespeare joke did you?? Nyah nyah!!

Interestingly, and as part of my ongoing endeavour to be a pain in the bum, I note there is a massive irony inherent in this thread.

Our beloved Kicky complains about the deterioration of moderating standards and consequently of manners on A2k by opening a thread to attack a specific member by name...which would have been locked or disappeared under the rules of the good old days about which he (and I) moan.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 12:18 am
I didn't attack him. I just asked a question about him. I may have slanted it a bit towards the negative, but that was never against the TOS.

And if you don't agree with me on that, then I'm putting you on IGNORE!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:01 am
kickycan wrote:
I didn't attack him. I just asked a question about him. I may have slanted it a bit towards the negative, but that was never against the TOS.

And if you don't agree with me on that, then I'm putting you on IGNORE!

I don't agree, but I am woman enough not to make threats when I am disagreed with.

Except by Edmund.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 08:33 am
la la la la I can't hear you la la la la...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 08:41 am
Setanta wrote:
I know most people here probably won't believe it, but i don't call other people names or make insulting personal allusions until it has been done to me. It is no longer worthwhile to post in most political threads here.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 08:43 am
I'll bet none of you jerkoffs know the difference between a Centaur carbon filter and IMAF-GS manganese greensand filter.

Therefore, I win.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 08:46 am
Can you tie a 6 X 11 Turks head?
0 Replies