Topless Women, Kid Rock, Bikers and John McCain

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:48 am
Topless Women, Kid Rock, Bikers and John McCain

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/32727/thumbs/s-MCCAIN-STURGIS-RALLY-large.jpg

The town of Sturgis, South Dakota will witness, on Monday, the rare fusion of drunken debauchery, public stripteasing, motorcycle rallying, a live performance by Kid Rock, and - last but not least - a veterans-themed speech by presidential candidate John McCain. Seriously.

On Sunday, the McCain campaign announced that the Senator will participate in the Sturgis Rally 2008 at Buffalo Chip in South Dakota, an annual tribute to American veterans. The event is up the Arizona Republican's wheelhouse, attracting thousands of active duty and former servicemen, many who have a natural affinity towards the Senator.

But it is hard not to notice the evocative, non-political sideshows that will literally surround McCain's speech. As the presumptive nominee takes the stage, the "Ringin' Wet & Wild" women's wrestling event will be taking place on the main amphitheater. Two hours before then, the "Miss Buffalo Chip Beauty Pageant - Bikinis on the Beach" will be staged at a different venue. That affair is described by ESPN's Jim Caple as "essentially a topless beauty pageant. And occasionally bottomless, too."

"During a drenching rain Wednesday night, the contest broke up into smaller groups and one woman wound up dancing naked on a bar top. Her boyfriend/husband saw her and angrily dragged her away as she struggled to put her pants back on and muttered something about how, "It's only this one week a year.""

How sweet. Sadly, the pageant also sees its share of domestic abuse, which even the event's organizers admit to Caple is a major problem.

Following McCain's speech, country stars Kellie Pickler and Kid Rock will be taking the very same stage for their own live performances. Then at 12:30 a.m., there will be the semi-finals of the "Miss Buffalo Chip Beauty Pageant," this time featuring Hawaiian Tropic Models.

The cultural crossroads that is the Sturgis Rally could actually be fertile political ground for the Republican presidential nominee. Hosted in a town of 5,500, the event sees upward of half a million bikers over the course of a week. Many of them, the founder of the campground is quoted as saying, have expressed interest in seeing the Senator, whose POW background makes him a fan favorite. How the religious right will react is a whole other bag.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,284 • Replies: 15
No top replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:03 pm
And just in time for the Democratic Convention we have:

The Adult Film Star Ball at the La Boheme Gentlemen's Club on 25 Aug.

At Lannies ClockTower Cabaret on the 26th enjoy Gavel-to-Gavel big screen coverage of the platform discussion of the DNC followed after 9 pm by representatives of an indispensable Democratic electorate, the Demented Diva's.."the best drag show in the west".

Then on 27 Aug, after a hard day of rollcalls, why not get "an intimate one on one strip tease" at the Ladies En Confidente.

Finally on the last night, 28 Aug, right after cheering Obama's acceptance speeck, why not hustle down to ShotGun Willies, the best strip joint in Denver. There they offer daily theme nights, such as college night and service industry night, surely part and parcel of the Democratic voting core. Democrats are welcome to celebrate with a Cigar Social and Amateur Strip Off. Who know's, maybe some young Democrat intern could win the $300 prize and use it to help pay off Hillary's debt.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:38 am
Its obvious from Roxxxy's link that the people at the Huffington Post have no idea what actually goes on at Sturgis.

Maybe they should actually go there and see instead of making foolish comments.

Or if they dont want to do that, they could come here to Union County Ky to the "Little Strugis Rally" in Sturgis Ky.

To find out what charities are supported by the Sturgis Rally, contact these people...

STURGIS RALLY CHARITIES FOUNDATION
850 MAIN ST
STURGIS, SD 57785-1619
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 11:11 am
Re: Topless Women, Kid Rock, Bikers and John McCain

You had me at "topless women."
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 11:24 am
mysteryman wrote:
Its obvious from Roxxxy's link that the people at the Huffington Post have no idea what actually goes on at Sturgis.

Words of wisdom that should be thrust at everyone that comments on gay pride festivites.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 12:47 pm
You know it's amazing to me that liberals, (who constantly claim that sex is a private thing and nobody's business), can't stopping talking about sex and making it a public thing.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:20 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Or if they dont want to do that, they could come here to Union County Ky to the "Little Strugis Rally" in Sturgis Ky.

To find out what charities are supported by the Sturgis Rally, contact these people...

850 MAIN ST
STURGIS, SD 57785-1619

I heard that the Little Sturgis Rally was being sued over the use of the name Sturgis by the Big Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. Funny how even bikers get possessive when the possibility of making not for charity money is involved--

Ah well---Wonder how Hawg Daddy's is making out in this fight between lawyers?

Rap
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:38 pm
Heard from Kentucky:

Thank God, the bikers have decided to sue. Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:44 pm
parados wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Words of wisdom that should be thrust at everyone that comments on gay pride festivites.

Maybe the two should be combined?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 02:58 pm
real life wrote:
You know it's amazing to me that liberals, (who constantly claim that sex is a private thing and nobody's business), can't stopping talking about sex and making it a public thing.

Who on this thread was talking about sex?

Other than you?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:31 pm
Yes.
Indeed.
God( If there is one) had made nacked children ( without christian celebacy)
But USA had correctected the god's intention with
PLAYBOY
PENTHOUSE and the other intellectual s.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:52 pm
non issue
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 05:54 pm
No.
It is an apt answer
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 06:13 pm
raprap wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

850 MAIN ST
STURGIS, SD 57785-1619

I heard that the Little Sturgis Rally was being sued over the use of the name Sturgis by the Big Sturgis Rally in South Dakota. Funny how even bikers get possessive when the possibility of making not for charity money is involved--

Ah well---Wonder how Hawg Daddy's is making out in this fight between lawyers?

Rap

I live about 15 miles from Strugis, and I play golf there every weekend.
The rally this year had 17,000 people there.
The FD I serve on works there every year, providing medical aid and fire protection (along with the Sturgis FD).

Hawg Daddys just reopened early this year, after a major renovation.
It looks good, and as usual they made a fortune off the rally.

Apparently, some kind of settlement was reached, but I dont know what it was.
The details havent been released.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:43 am
My granddaddy was born in Old Shawneetown, and I grew up in New Harmonae(Indiana), Although I haven't lived in the area for over 35 years, when I'm in the area I ride down to Garden of the Gods, Bellsmith Springs, Cave in Rock and stop by to hamburger it at Hawg Daddy's and look at the old bank (Illinois #1)l.

Never been to the Little Sturgis Rally--been to the one in South Dakota a coulpla times (got the T-shirts), but now find that its pretty much a two wheeled traffic jam so now when I go to the Black Hills and Wall Drugs it is sometimes else besides August.

A Firefighter and EMT in western Kentucky huh? Interesting! If your only about 15 miles from Sturgis, I'll bet I've ridden by your firehouse at some time in the last 5 years---I have a sister that lives down by the lake and when I ride my bike down to see her I tend to explore the backroads between Evansville and Madisonville.

Ah well, school starts (I'm a teacher) next week and although I presently sit in SW Indiana my summers is over and this Thursday I'm riding back to Colorado so it will be at least nine months before I can get back to the tristate on the bike.

I may be back sometime this winter, but alas riding the bike is not a great way to travel across Kansas in the off biking seasons---even with an electric vest.

Rap
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:39 am
I bet Cindy would have won that topless beauty contest.
0 Replies