Well, babs, your question is a bit more challenging, but here's the list from the top of my "head."
1. Beijing; the forbidden city, temple of heaven, tianamen square, great wall (2 places), summer palace, ming tombs, subway system, olympic city, hutong (including bell tower), park behind the forbidden city, and my other recommendations above.
2. Xian; terracotta soldiers, bampo museum, and my other recommendations above.
3. Yangtse river cruise by Victoria cruises.
4. Chengdu; panda preserve and old town.
5. Shanghai; bund (walk) and my other recommendations above.
6. Hong Kong; art museum, victoria peak, stanley market, peninsula hotel (high tea), and the many wonderful restaurants. Star ferry is free for seniors, and discount prices for metro-trains.
Look for massage parlors in the major cities; they usually cost a few dollars for one hour. We spoiled ourselves almost every day. Taxis are really cheap; about $1.35 for most destinations.