Are you ready?

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:31 am
... to see your daughter as a full grown woman? Your son as a man? How do you picture them?

I do this exercise often with my kids. I imagine how they will look, what they will be like at several different stages in their lives. Today, I was picturing them in their early twenties or so. My son -- tall, curly-haired, handsome and fit. An engineer or mathematician. He has a girlfriend and a sense of humor. He looks happy. My daughter -- beautiful, hair has darkened, she's athletic and tan. She is in college studying to become a veterinarian. She has a dozen pets and several suitors. She is energetic -- a whirling dervish of a young woman who is interested in everything and she still has that giggle-box laughter that spreads to others like a flash.

How do you imagine your kids as they grow?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 10:59 am
I haven't imagined quite to your extent, however, more recently I began seeing her just beginning to develop with the first signs of puberty and it makes me sad and a bit happy for her too.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 11:44 am
There is a certain sadness at the prospect of their childhood being over, for sure. I'll be happy to see them grown up but I hope I don't miss too much of them while they're young. You blink and they're grown.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 12:30 pm
My son is 25. He finished grad school and is now working as an environmental engineer. I always thought he would be an actor or comedian. Still, I am not disappointed :wink:
0 Replies