What is the Dog Whisperer doing at the 30 sec mark?

TTH

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:39 am
Well, watch part 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBVQUQY2lM&feature=related
About the 30 second mark, listen to what is said. I think that would be a big hint about what is going on.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 09:00 am
I think the "trick" is what Cesar always says about how dogs don't think about the past and don't think about the future -- they live in the now and they want to be told what to do.

These people expected their dog to not walk so the dog didn't walk and then to complicate things that "lured him with cheeseburgers" so they rewarded the dog for not walking.

Most of the "cures" are pretty quick because there really isn't that big a problem to "cure". Once in a while on the show you will see "Elapsed time: X hours" and often he'll decide the dog is so far gone that he takes them to his rehab center for weeks.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 04:35 pm
those boot camp segments are great.
the misbehavin' dog has no choice but to get with the program, because the pack wouldn't have it any other way...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:02 am
Sorry for taking so long to post about the 3 emails I sent out to those trainers. Basically all 3 said the same thing. They felt that the dog had prior training with the Dog Whisperer and that area of the back end of the dog is probably where he used his hand technique. As far as if the dog had been harmed in anyway, abused or hit near it's rear end their opinion was no, not based on the video.
0 Replies