What is the Dog Whisperer doing at the 30 sec mark?

TTH

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:39 pm
Well rap
I prefer my dog.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:00 pm
So do I TTH, so do I

But I still remind myself that he is a dog, and when he is no longer able to be a dog--it is my responsibility to allow him a dogs way out--not to make him suffer in a non-doglike state.

I guess I'll quote Lazarus Long---When the time comes, and it will, you should always be prepared to shoot your own dog.

Rap
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:50 am
cyphercat wrote:
Everyone chill out!

*makes bitey gesture on necks of all thread participants*

Don't make me snap my fingers at you cypher.

I watched another clip of his, in which he demonstrated to two women what he was doing.

In this one, you could more clearly see that he's making a "mouth" with his hand, with the thumb being the lower jaw, and the rest of the fingers the upper jaw. He did what I would call "quickly grab at" a part of the dog. See around minute 2:30

That is not apparant in the first video, where it looks like he's jabbing the dog.

I'm sorry I ever question the divinity of the dog whisperer, set. I should blindly follow rather than question.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 05:41 am
Good night sweetheart, good night...

awww.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 05:51 am
Chai wrote:
I'm not a dog person, I'm a cat person.

This explains a lot. All decent people know that cats is the spawn of SATAN ! ! !
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 06:48 am
raprap wrote:
I prefer Victoria Stillwell (It's me or my dog)

I love her! I don't purposely watch either show, but we happen across Victoria more often than Caesar. Sozlet has a waxing and waning fear of dogs (she's doing very well right now) and she says that Victoria's show really helps. It demystifies dogs, explains that they're insecure or whatever, why they act out. And they're always such sweethearts at the end...!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:38 am
This was good Chai
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:17 am
Chai wrote:
I'm sorry I ever question the divinity of the dog whisperer, set. I should blindly follow rather than question.

That was completely unnecessary, and pretty damned snotty.

I expect no less of you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:25 am
takes one to know one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:26 am
Kiss kiss, sweetheart . . .
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:40 am
Set, I have no idea what's gotten into you lately.

I make a joke to you and you say "bite me clown"

I ask a question about what a guy is doing when it looks like he's poking a dog, and you allude that I'm sinister, and then tell me I'm being petty and snotty because I didn't just immediately accept what you had to say about something I couldn't see.

What? Are you the only one allowed to have an opinion, express themselves, or disagree around here?

Before you jumped on my ass, I was actually coming on her to post how the guy singing the little puppies to sleep reminded me of you. Seems like something you'd do, and very sweet.

Do me a favor and write me out some ground rules so I won't accidently express myself in such a way that offends your sensibilities.

Or, if you're just jerking my chain, which I rather expect this is all about, drop it.

I'm not going to fight you, so look for someone else to play with.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:41 am
Personally, i have no problem here--so if there is a problem, it's all yours. In point of fact, i didn't say that you are sinister, i pointed out that there was nothing sinister in what Mr. Milan was doing.

So, bite me, and then kiss kiss, Sweetheart.
0 Replies

Wally Tea

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
Look for someone else to play with, Mr. Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:09 am
Look for somebody else to order around, boy.
0 Replies

Wally Tea

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:12 am
Lighten up, Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:15 am
Tell your girl Chai to lighten up. I made the observation that there was nothing sinister in what Mr. Milan did. She's been having a hyssie fit ever since. I don't hold myself responsible for that, and i certainly don't intend to roll over because you think you can intimidate me. The best way for this to end is for you and Chai to get off my back.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:17 am
Lighten up, Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 03:41 pm
Kiss my red Irish ass, Wandel. I'm not responsible for Chai's paranoia nor her hysteria, and now you've got to play the white knight riding to poor damsel's rescue.

I simply noted that what Cesar Milan was doing was innocuous, and that i supposed that someone could make something sinister of it if they wanted to. So Chai has been acting hysterically ever since . . . and you tell me to lighten up.

I'll lighten up when Miss Drama Queen lightens up.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 03:47 pm
You still don't get my joke, Setanta. I am "Wally Tea" (using a different e-mail address). I am sorry my joke caused so much confusion.

("Wally Tea" is a running gag I use when Gus is hitting on Chai. I guess it is getting a little tired.)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 03:59 pm
Setanta
You can be such a bully and wandeljw didn't deserve that comment you made. Sometimes you are just so mean.
0 Replies