Given The Choice.... Bush Goes With Death

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:50 am
not like I care about this guy but....... this is a surprise somehow?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/12129.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 772 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:01 am
From that link:

"...convicted of a spree of rapes and murders...."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:02 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
From that link:

"...convicted of a spree of rapes and murders...."

Sounds like death is a reasonable sentence for this guy!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:03 am
you did notice I said I don't give a **** about the guy....right?

the ppoint is.... had bush ever been on the side of life? Besides the comatose and vegetating or the unborn of course....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:05 am
it is my stated belief that bush would approve the death penalty for a jaywalker if he had the opportunity....
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:09 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you did notice I said I don't give a **** about the guy....right?

the ppoint is.... had bush ever been on the side of life? Besides the comatose and vegetating or the unborn of course....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/06/26/national/main12682.shtml

Quote:
(AP) Henry Lee Lucas, the one-eyed drifter once considered among the nation's most prolific serial killers ever, was spared from the death chamber today after Gov. George W. Bush accepted a state parole board recommendation.

Bush commuted Lucas' death sentence to life in prison because of lingering doubts about his guilt in the so-called "Orange Socks" slaying.

Bush's decision in no way gives any chance of freedom to Lucas. He still faces six other life sentences and 210 years in prison for nine other murders.

I dont know if there are more.
That was the first one to pop up after a 1 minute search.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:15 am
well...there's one.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:42 pm
mysteryman wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/06/26/national/main12682.shtml

Quote:
(AP) Henry Lee Lucas, the one-eyed drifter once considered among the nation's most prolific serial killers ever, was spared from the death chamber today after Gov. George W. Bush accepted a state parole board recommendation.

Bush commuted Lucas' death sentence to life in prison because of lingering doubts about his guilt in the so-called "Orange Socks" slaying.

Bush's decision in no way gives any chance of freedom to Lucas. He still faces six other life sentences and 210 years in prison for nine other murders.

I dont know if there are more.
That was the first one to pop up after a 1 minute search.

How many did you ignore in your 1 minute search? I'm not going to call you a lying sack of **** because that would be terribly unjust both to sacks and ****.

Quote:

Texas Executions:
GW Bush Has Defined Himself, Unforgettably, As Shallow And Callous
by Anthony Lewis

BOSTON-There have been questions all along about the depth and seriousness of George W. Bush. They have been brought into sharp focus now by a surprising issue: the way the death penalty is administered in Texas. In his comments on that subject Governor Bush has defined himself, unforgettably, as shallow and callous.

In his five years as governor of Texas, the state has executed 131 prisoners -- far more than any other state. Mr. Bush has lately granted a stay of execution for the first time, for a DNA test.

In answer to questions about that record, Governor Bush has repeatedly said that he has no qualms. "I'm confident," he said last February, "that every person that has been put to death in Texas under my watch has been guilty of the crime charged, and has had full access to the courts."

That defense of the record ignores many notorious examples of unfairness in Texas death penalty cases. Lawyers have been under the influence of cocaine during the trial, or been drunk or asleep. One court dismissed a complaint about a lawyer who slept through a trial with the comment that courts are not "obligated to either constantly monitor trial counsel's wakefulness or endeavor to wake counsel should he fall asleep."

This past week The Chicago Tribune published a compelling report on an investigation of all 131 death cases in Governor Bush's time. It made chilling reading.

In one-third of those cases, the report showed, the lawyer who represented the death penalty defendant at trial or on appeal had been or was later disbarred or otherwise sanctioned. In 40 cases the lawyers presented no evidence at all or only one witness at the sentencing phase of the trial.

In 29 cases, the prosecution used testimony from a psychiatrist who -- based on a hypothetical question about the defendant's past -- predicted he would commit future violence. Most of those psychiatrists testified without having examined the defendant: a practice condemned professionally as unethical.

Other witnesses included one who was temporarily released from a psychiatric ward to testify, a pathologist who had admitted faking autopsies and a judge who had been reprimanded for lying about his credentials.

Asked about the Tribune study, Governor Bush said, "We've adequately answered innocence or guilt" in every case. The defendants, he said, "had full access to a fair trial."

There are two ways of understanding that comment. Either Governor Bush was contemptuous of the facts or, on a matter of life and death, he did not care.

http://www.commondreams.org/views/061700-102.htm

"contemptuous of the facts", surely, that's going a bit too far.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 05:27 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
it is my stated belief that bush would approve the death penalty for a jaywalker if he had the opportunity....
The president has been in public office for a long time. Can you provide any case in which he supported the death penalty for an offense less than murder or treason, or do you pretty much not care whether the things you accuse him of are true?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:19 am
I come to my conclusions based on the number of people he has sent to their death in a discretionary war......his arrogant unrepentant attitude... he put thousands of Iraqi citizens under the death penalty.... and my friend Brandon as I stated that is my belief... I don't have to stand in any court... particularly the court of Brandon to prove my belief beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm entitled to my belief.

I think bush is a sociopath and would order death at his pleasure were he not still somewhat restrained.....
0 Replies