Dear Obama

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:26 am
Re: Bear
H2O_MAN wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if Bush is deliberately trying to sabotage and in-coming Democratic presidency and congress majority.

BBB

No need to wonder any longer - the Democrats are self destructing from within.
Bush and the Republicans have their own problems, but they are not trying to sabotage the Dems - they don't need to.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bill. If Drew Dad was restricting his observation to the quoted comment from H2O, however, I think he's right.

I did say the Dems were self-destructing...and they were at the time, per my opinion. I mean, they couldn't beat the most unpopular president in modern history...twice... Laughing They appear to have gotten a second wind, though. :wink:
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:32 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
revel wrote:
I don't get where you come from when say democrats are self destructing from within.

For one thing, the dems are attempting to raise the federal tax on gas. Not a wise move.

Perhaps not in terms of elections, but in terms of reality; we really don't have a lot of options since there is a shortfall of federal money that goes to help states with highway projects and things like that. Again back to that deficit problem.

Quote:
The chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Rep. James Oberstar, and the chairman of the highway subcommittee, Rep. Peter DeFazio, presented fellow lawmakers with a list of how many jobs and how much money each state would lose. It ranged from $30 million and 1,000 jobs in Vermont to $664 million and 23,000 jobs in California.

"Because the trust fund is already looking at a looming shortfall, it would have moved project cancellations into the construction season," DeFazio, D-Ore., said in an interview. He said it was "highly unlikely" that oil companies would have passed savings along to consumers.

Just three years ago, that trust fund enjoyed a surplus of $10 billion. Even without a tax freeze, the fund is projected to finish 2009 with a deficit of $3 billion. That that could grow as Americans drive less and buy less gas because of higher pump prices.

The consequence is that only about $27 billion in federal money will be available next year to states and local governments for new infrastructure investment even though the current highway act calls for spending $41 billion a year. For many, the solution is to raise rather than suspend or cut federal fuel taxes, which haven't changed since 1993.

The Transportation Construction Coalition, a group of industry companies and unions, said that if Congress does not do something about the shortfall, states will lose about one-third of their road and bridge money in the budget year starting Oct. 1. That would put 485,000 more jobs at risk.

source
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:33 am
And it's a foul smelling wind.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:38 am
I usually look at it like this: If they do win an election, by the time the next cycle comes around, they've pissed off enough people to get the opposition in for 8 years.

Now, however, I'm not sure that's as appealing...

Pah.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:45 am
revel wrote:
Again back to that deficit problem.

This deficit problem is a direct result of an ever growing government and uncontrolled spending on both sides of the isle. Red & Blue share the blame equally.

If Obama gets elected and goes through with his plan to raise taxes - our fragile economy will fail.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:47 am
Lash wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if Bush is deliberately trying to sabotage and in-coming Democratic presidency and congress majority.

BBB

Bush and the Republicans have their own problems, but they are not trying to sabotage the Dems - they don't need to.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bill. If Drew Dad was restricting his observation to the quoted comment from H2O, however, I think he's right.

I did say the Dems were self-destructing...and they were at the time, per my opinion. I mean, they couldn't beat the most unpopular president in modern history...twice... Laughing They appear to have gotten a second wind, though. :wink:
There is a not so minor difference here: 4 years ago, you were right.

http://www.petrifiedtruth.com/archives/johnkerry_wideweb__430x337.jpg
I believe John Kerry was on a very short list of Democrats who couldn't defeat Bush.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
DewDad, a fellow idiot has decided joined you.

Is this the best you can do? Seriously? Calling someone "stupid" and someone else an "idiot?"

Dude. You're **** is weak. Seriously.

Your **** is so weak that Jerry Lewis called and said he wants to hold a telethon for it.

Here are some better ways to insinuate that someone is dumber than a bag of hammers:

You do realize that your brain is good for more than holding your ears apart, right?

You couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel.

Your intellect is envied by garden tools everywhere.

I believe you are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

You've got a mind like a steel seive.

If your mother were busy watching 60 minutes... you'd come back in an hour and a half.

You're like a used crayon: colorful, but not too sharp.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:51 am
Lash wrote:
I usually look at it like this: If they do win an election, by the time the next cycle comes around, they've pissed off enough people to get the opposition in for 8 years.

Now, however, I'm not sure that's as appealing...

Pah.

Welcome to the great mass of the disillusioned, where governmental gridlock is a good thing.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:04 am
((((((Bill))))))) Very Happy Cool

DrewDad--

I hope someone brought some alcohol, because this is a depressing mass...haha

See you guys tomorrow. :wink:
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:22 pm
DrewDad wrote:

I know you have had those words spoken to you all your life and what's up
with the lame ass "dude speak"? Isn't it time you grow a pair and grow up?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:36 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Lash wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

BBB

There is a not so minor difference here: 4 years ago, you were right.

http://www.petrifiedtruth.com/archives/johnkerry_wideweb__430x337.jpg
I believe John Kerry was on a very short list of Democrats who couldn't defeat Bush.

One of my very favorite John Kerry quotes:

Mr Kerry exclaimed: "I can't believe I'm losing to this idiot".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article1076657.ece
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:55 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

I know you have had those words spoken to you all your life and what's up
with the lame ass "dude speak"? Isn't it time you grow a pair and grow up?

Did you mean "lame-ass?"

Also, quotes end after the punctuation.

You continue to exceed expectations. Sadly, "expectations" is what they call the drooling idiot that has to be carried on and off of the short bus.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:57 pm
DewDad, I'm sure you are due for a diaper change - have a great day.

Smell you later!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:00 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Smell you later!

And you accused me of "dude-speak?"

I think you're a neuron short of a synapse.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:03 pm
Have your mom wash that stuff of you fat face and run along ...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:08 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Have your mom wash that stuff of you fat face and run along ...

Did you mean "off of?"

Did you mean "your?"

You've gotta speak up. All I'm hearing is "H2O_MAN would be a laughingstock pervert if he exposed his genitalia the way he exposes his stupidity."
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:12 pm
You and you tiny little prick are trying to be funny, but your efforts are a complete failure.

You are an insignificant pest, a loser a pipsqueak. Enjoy your miserable life.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:13 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Enjoy your miserable life.

Shucks. And here I thought you were nothing but a pus-filled balloon of irrational anger.
0 Replies