Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,855 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:25 pm
I care about the fact that you don't care shewolfn and.... is that vintage Eddie Van Halen in your avatar?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:26 pm
dont make me tease you
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:31 pm
tease me baby.... make me squirm..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:57 pm
<backs out of the room quietly>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:58 pm
<bumps into her coming in, smacks her head on the door and drops her purse, contents spilling everywhere>
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 07:59 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:02 pm
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/51/88/23398851.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:11 pm
I do care.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:12 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
dont make me tease you

Sure you don't mean "don't make me tase you"?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:15 pm
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~elkridge/spanking.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:46 pm
Thank you mistress may I have another?
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:36 pm
I try to discriminate about my caring - it's easy to get carried away with when one's not living day-to-day, and that's fine in and of itself - but the art and discipline of driving oneself is just so easily lost before the **** returns to the fan. Desperation is important - if it had been recognized as such relative to the potential for decadence in the modern sense I think it'd have been among the Stoic Virtues.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:07 am
Yeah, I'm with Osso.

Mini-rant, if I may:

I'm on the board of a Deaf organization. We were brainstorming ideas for a workshop that will take place in October, and I suggested that we have some sort of presidential election theme. Present the issues impartially, perhaps a debate with one person representing Obama and one person representing McCain, that kind of thing, so people could learn more about the issues and make an informed decision. Two other people loved the idea, and everyone else (about ten people) expressed their extreme disinterest in politics, they don't plan to vote, blah blah blah. The meeting was running long so I decided to let it pass beyond a quick "C'mon, this is IMPORTANT!!", but it kept knocking around my brain afterwards.

Since the politics forum is pretty much self-selecting -- if people are interested in politics, they post there, and if they're not, they don't -- and my immediate circle of friends are all pretty politically active, it's sometimes hard to remember how many people just opt out of the whole thing. Not everyone has to be an uber-wonk, of course, but it IS important! It DOES matter!

[/rant]
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:15 am
Slight diversion.

I don't care right now. I'll vote and I already know who it will be for, so all the "McCain is old" and "Obama is a phoney" can spin on its own because I don't care. I'm tuning out until November, at which point I intend to vote for Obama. I already know everything I need to know about these candidates since they've been campaigning now for over a year. Nothing is going to change my mind.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:18 am
I'm tuning out at least until the running mates are chosen. Then I'll either make a final decision based on the pairings or I'll tune out until mid-October when I'll spend 2 minutes filtering through the hyperbole and however long it takes to look at the issues that concern me most.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:19 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Slight diversion.

I don't care right now. I'll vote and I already know who it will be for, so all the "McCain is old" and "Obama is a phoney" can spin on its own because I don't care. I'm tuning out until November, at which point I intend to vote for Obama. I already know everything I need to know about these candidates since they've been campaigning now for over a year. Nothing is going to change my mind.

good for you duckie.... stay strong.... and if by chance a mistake is made... Americans don't have to pay for it.... we'll just put it on your bill...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:21 am
Right. Like we're making Bush voters pay for anything? Kissass, Bear, I'm not making an uninformed choice, I'm making the determination that I have enough information to make a choice (and have) and saving myself the stress of a completely bullshit campaign season.

I'd say the odds of me making a mistake by not voting Republican are pretty slim.

Find more useless.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
BBB
My daughter is working in the Obama campaign. My son has refused to vote for years.

Which one will inherit my vast fortune?

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:24 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Right. Like we're making Bush voters pay for anything? Kissass, Bear, I'm not making an uninformed choice, I'm making the determination that I have enough information to make a choice (and have) and saving myself the stress of a completely bullshit campaign season.

I'd say the odds of me making a mistake by not voting Republican are pretty slim.

Find more useless.

Jesus Christ ducks take a good natured joke... a bad pun.... a groaner... f*ckin' hell....
0 Replies