McCain. Can a Candidate be Declared a Loser by TKO?

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 09:55 am
Haven't posted here much and haven't followed the race as closely as I did when the Dem primary was a real horserace.

McCain is a walking gaffe and obviously not qualified to be POTUS or CIC.

Of course, events could change but unless something drastic happens, this will be a landlslide of epic proportions.

McCain got a few seconds of cable face time this am and declared that everytime motorists pulled up to the gas pump these days, they are shocked at the price of
Quote:
a gallon of oil.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 648 • Replies: 7
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:53 am
Re: McCain. Can a Candidate be Declared a Loser by TKO?
Roxxxanne wrote:
Haven't posted here much and haven't followed the race as closely as I did when the Dem primary was a real horserace.

Of course, events could change but unless something drastic happens, this will be a landlslide of epic proportions.

McCain got a few seconds of cable face time this am and declared that everytime motorists pulled up to the gas pump these days, they are shocked at the price of
Quote:
a gallon of oil.

Have you bought a gallon of oil lately?
The price is high.

Go buy a gallon of Shell Rotella and tell me the price isnt high.
Go buy a gallon of almost any oil and you will agree that the price is skyrocketing.

So whats wrong with his statement?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:54 am
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Quote:
a gallon of oil.

The price is high.

Go buy a gallon of almost any oil and you will agree that the price is skyrocketing.

You don't buy gallons of oil from the gas pump.

Just another misstatement from McCain, who really is a gaffe machine.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:59 am
Yeah, I watched that exchange live.
They were talking about the price of oil by the barrel and gas by the gallon.
McCain misspoke and quickly corrected himself. Life goes on.

And yes, Obama can be declared the loser by TKO.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:55 pm
This thread is pure stupidity. The man misspoke. Was Rox on here berating Obama for wanting to visit 52 states or whatever it was? Of course not.

Politicians misspeak. It happens. With all the questions they get asked and the amount of speaking they do, it shouldn't surprise anyone. Get over it Rox. And I would say the same to those who make a big deal over Obama when he has misspoken.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 01:43 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Quote:
a gallon of oil.

The price is high.

You don't buy gallons of oil from the gas pump.

Just another misstatement from McCain, who really is a gaffe machine.

Cycloptichorn

LOL No ****!!!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 01:49 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
This thread is pure stupidity. The man misspoke. Was Rox on here berating Obama for wanting to visit 52 states or whatever it was? Of course not.

Politicians misspeak. It happens. With all the questions they get asked and the amount of speaking they do, it shouldn't surprise anyone. Get over it Rox. And I would say the same to those who make a big deal over Obama when he has misspoken.

It isn't just here or there; he makes a gaffe every single day. Every day it's something different. He can't keep his facts straight. He gets easily confused with names and foreign countries. These aren't qualities we are looking for in a leader.

A gaffe here or there wouldn't mean anything, you are correct. A protracted and embarrassing series of them, such as McCain can claim, is potentially damning to electoral chances.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 02:02 pm
No ****!! Obama does far worse when he is lacking a teleprompter.
0 Replies