Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:17 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:20 am
Yeah, I couldn't quite believe that when I read it. Unbelievable that such hubris-filled a$$holes could even exist.

Quote:

"The president should pre-empt any long-term investigations," said Victoria Toensing, who was a Justice Department counterterrorism official in the Reagan administration. "If we don't protect these people who are proceeding in good faith, no one will ever take chances."

YES Toensing you idiot, we don't want people taking 'chances' with civil liberties!!!

Jeez

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
When Bush gets to 456 (140 on the last day), come back with your complaints.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:26 am
You really need to look at all of the criminals Billy Clinton pardoned before you go mouthing off about what Bush may or may not do.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:28 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
You really need to look at all of the criminals Billy Clinton pardoned before you go mouthing off about what Bush may or may not do.

Who gives a f*ck what Clinton did? That argument is the last refuge for failed Conservatives.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:37 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Who gives a f*ck what Clinton did?

LOL !! Laughing

That's a typical response from the do as I say, not as I do Democrat party faithful.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:43 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

Who gives a f*ck what Clinton did?

LOL !! Laughing

That's a typical response from the do as I say, not as I do Democrat party faithful.

Considering I was a Republican back then, I assure you I was just as angry at Clinton's pardons as I would be of Bush's. But you miss the point; why would Clinton's actions excuse Bush's in any way? Why is that material? It is not. What it is, is the refuge of someone who has no substantive defense to offer, and instead falls back on the tired Conservative trope:

Clinton Did It!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:00 am
Like every other President before, Bush will abuse this privilage and you know it. So why complain about it now?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:05 am
woiyo
woiyo wrote:
Like every other President before, Bush will abuse this privilage and you know it. So why complain about it now?

Because these people damaged our Constitution, that's why. None of Clinton's pardons were for people who damaged the constitution.

BBB
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:15 am
"Lawyers Urge Bush To ..."

You folks are getting worked up over nothing.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:16 am
Re: woiyo
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Because these people damaged our Constitution, that's why. None of Clinton's pardons were for people who damaged the constitution.

BBB

That is just a dumb statement.

Linda Evans (born May 11, 1947, in Fort Dodge, Iowa) is a radical American leftist who has served time in prison for her role in domestic terrorist activities.

David Ronald Chandler - federal death row inmate

# Melvin J. Reynolds - Democratic Congressman from Illinois - bank fraud and obstruction of justice

Susan Lisa Rosenberg (born 1955) is an American radical who drove the getaway car in the Brinks robbery (1981) in which two police officers and an armored-car guard were killed.

Bernice Ruth Altschul (1992 money laundering conspiracy)

Cleveland Victor Babin Jr. (1987 using the U.S. mail service to defraud)

# William Arthur Borders Jr. (Conspiracy to corruptly solicit and accept money in return for influencing the official acts of a federal district court judge (Alcee L. Hastings), and to defraud the United States in connection with the performance of lawful government functions; corruptly influencing, obstructing, impeding and endeavoring to influence, obstruct and impede the due administration of justice, and aiding and abetting therein; traveling interstate with intent to commit bribery)

Henry Cisneros (former HUD Secretary)

Pincus Green - (born 1936) is an American oil and gas commodities trader whose net worth is estimated by Forbes magazine at $1.2 billion USD. Green fled the United States in 1983, along with partner Marc Rich, after being indicted by U.S. Attorney and future mayor of New York City Rudolph Giuliani, on charges of tax evasion and illegal trading with Iran.

Susan McDougal (born 1955 in Heidelberg, Germany) is one of the few people who served prison time as a result of the Whitewater controversy in the United States

Marc Rich

John Fife Symington III - He was charged in a 1996 indictment; 1997 superseding indictment for false statements to federally insured financial institutions, wire fraud, attempted extortion and false statements in
bankruptcy proceeding,

SHALL WE GO ON?

Every President has abused this privilage PERIOD!!!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:28 am
Clinton pardons
Bill Clinton's pardons during his presidency:

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/clintonpardon_grants.htm#november231994

I don't know if Clinton's pardons were justified, but some of the guilty were real scumbags, many were not.

I counted 17 pardons in which the crimes occured during his two terms.

None of the crimes damaged our Constitution.

BBB
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:34 am
woiyo wrote:

every government is full of scoundrels....so why complain or do anything about it? that's the spirit, yay!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:42 am
It seems to me you are all getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.
IF Bush were to issue such pardons, you would have a valid complaint.

But to get all worked over something that hasnt happened is stupid.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:44 am
i think the suggestions of those legal experts are stupid. not caring about the democratic process and its potential jeopardy.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:46 am
BURP!

Pardon me.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:51 am
cjhsa wrote:
BURP!

Pardon me.

it's ok, we all contribute according to our abilities.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:58 am
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-seJHCmeNOE/Rhwrop2eA7I/AAAAAAAAADo/VlfmkIpGbNA/s400/BLOG-PRES+BEARD.jpg

FUGETABOUTIT :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:59 am
dagmaraka wrote:
woiyo wrote:

every government is full of scoundrels....so why complain or do anything about it? that's the spirit, yay!

Who is complaining? I question why a President has this power in the first place. Do you have any opinion in this regard or will you continue to make irrelevant observations?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:01 pm
that is my opinion. it's good to voice protests against even suggestions talked about in that article. that is democracy and it does not work without active citizenry.
0 Replies