ART CHAT RESTARTS NY time sunday, 3 pm, LA noon, engl 9pm?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:42 pm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe I am allowed as one of the variants I see on ossobuco...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:43 pm
But wait, I didn't have to sign in, I just went to the link...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 07:40 pm
when I went in, it asked me to download a plug-in, but since I use Netscape for a browser, it said Netscape need not apply
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 06:23 pm
...showed up for chat tonite at 8pm but could
not get access. Apparently we have to become
subscribers to use the chat.....Are any of the a2k artists subscribed or interested in subscribing?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:53 pm
Chatroom - subscribing:

see here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=380926#380926
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 09:53 pm
Thanks for the link, Walter, I was just going to post it and see you did. I signed up, and Joanne did, and GWLight, and I know JLN has plans to.

I have been mulling on how to get Germany, Australia, New York, and the US west coast into a convenient chat time..hah. Even is there is a possible hour, it is pretty tricky.
Perhaps we should have two times.

It is something of a long term decision. Given that a2k will expand, and that it is open to people worldwide, it seems a little constraining to pick one that works primarily for the western hemisphere. And, given that even within one time zone, some people are morning folks and some night owls...
perhaps two set times would be accessible somehow to the widest range of people.

They don't have to be the same day of the week either.

Playing with times here -

Time A (the old tried and true time for some in the past) -
noon Monday Australia, 5PM Sunday in LA, 8PM NY, 1 AM Monday England

Time B (posted above in the thread title)
6AM or so Monday Australia, noon Sunday in LA, 3PM Sunday NY, 8PM Sunday England, 9 PM Germany

Time C Any ideas?
A time that's good for Australia and England, maybe NY, but not US west coast?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 05:10 pm
Osso, I suspect after dinner on a Sunday night
is probably when most people in most time zones would most likely be free to spend some time chatting.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 06:17 pm
Given that we have people interested in art in australia (margo), scotland (thinkzinc), england (vivien), denmark (hebba), austria (ul), germany (walter and mistral), usa (many), mexico (fbaezer), canada (many), potentially italy (Paola), potentially argentina (someone I hope to recruit), potentially japan, when is after dinner? People eat dinner (evening meal) at diff times too. Eek, let's say a span of four hours. Plus, lots and lots of a2kers only post from work computers.

Ul and Walter both gave me a lot of links for our Helpful Links topic.... and Hebba pm'd me to art-chat when he could make it (noon for me, nine at night for him when he was working in his studio...).

I think it's fine to have a comfy time for us/canada folk, like the old one, but we need at least one more, in my humble opinion..... a2k is in beginning stages now. I don't mean to argue against 8pm New York, exactly, but also want to be open to the site members; thus my interest in either changing to a better overall time, or adding another one.
0 Replies