ART CHAT TIME TRIAL 3PM SUNDAY NY time

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 09:22 pm
Trying to figure out how to get world wide art chatting at one convenient time, impossible of course. Let's start this sunday at 3pm New York time.
noon LA time. Is that 6pm in England? 7 in Germany?

It would be nice to let Australia in to the conversation, such as it is, too...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 601 • Replies: 3
No top replies

kev

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:48 pm
Ossobuco,

If it's 3pm in New York it's 8pm in England and (I think) 9 pm in germany BUT thats not including daylight saving time, which some of us are on and some of us are not. So, could be an hour adrift.

To include our friends in ozzyland, you would realistically have to make it for 6pm New York time, so 3pm pacific coast time which would be 11pm Britside, and a bit before lunctime in Oz ( the next day).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:44 pm
Or, an hour, or maybe two before that??? between what I posted for this last week that didn't happen for various reasons, and what you are saying...

We have Walter in Germany and Mistral in Germany and Hebba in Copenhagen. And Ulschmid, if she ever checks in, quite art savvy, in Vienna. Hebba and I have talked on line, though not exactly easily. He hasn't been around lately, but is sharp and enthusiastic when he does show up. Mistral is very smart, but is not easily on line.

It might make sense to go an hour earlier than you are saying, to leave some room for Germany, Austria...

To address Shepaints' point, that she liked the original time, convenient for her, there could be art chat colonies....
Shepaints is the lady who started the art chat question in the first place, and Joanne Dorel helped greatly, made the announcements for months, and then me, I was always there, or almost always.. jl nobody in arizona has been there a lot, and farmerman has been there when he can, and colorific has been there for quite a while and is taking a break.

ehBeth has come by, and a sharp young fellow in canada...

What I have seen is that if two people get into an actual conversation, they are apt to be there when a third and fourth check in, and the mechanism works. But if it is only one, waiting around, that person gives up and others check in and find nobody and leave.

So there seems to be a need for a critical mass of talkers!
I say this, while I still can't check in myself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:47 pm
ossoB - mikey and i have just been in the chat room. beedleSq is having trouble getting in on his Mac. Some more fiddling may be needed. Perhaps if we can get ANY chat started, the critical mass for the art chat will be created.
0 Replies