For those that believe polls matter...*

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:29 am
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

For the second straight day, the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll shows that the race for the White House is tied. Sunday's numbers show Barack Obama and John McCain each attracting 43% of the vote. When "leaners" are included, the two candidates are tied at 46%. For most of the past month-and-a-half, Obama has led McCain by approximately five percentage points. It will take a few more days to determine whether this recent tightening of the race reflects real change or is merely statistical noise. (see recent daily results). Tracking Polls are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day (see recent demographic highlights).

*I still do not think that polls this early in the race are really indicative of actual results.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 388 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:48 am
Yeah, good movement for McCain in the tracking poll.

National average (including Ras and a tightened Newsweek poll)

http://www.pollster.com/08USPresGEMvO.php

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 03:43 pm
Well, that didn't work.

Anyways; last two national polls done?

ABC: Obama +8
Quinnipac: Obama +9

The ABC poll is not yet reflected below.

http://www.pollster.com/08USPresGEMvO600.png

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 07:49 am
I believe only the diehard Democrats or Republicans can give accuracy to a poll. So, I think there is a large margin of error in many polls.

Then there is the question of who takes the poll. Many people do not want to alienate a poll taker, I believe, and will give a response that an individual believes the pollster "would like to receive."

In my observations it is the young, liberal-progressive type that takes polls. Does that image that the pollster has skew the results?
0 Replies