Brett Favre is Just Another Dumb Jock.

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:24 am
@Rockhead,
It seems, though, as if the photos were sent and received consentingly between Favre and Sterger, and that the photos inadvertently came out publicly, through the snooping efforts of Deadspin. The NFL may decide on a token punishment for the reason you describe.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:24 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The ex-New York Jets sideline host involved in the allegation against Brett Favre has hired a lawyer.

Former Jets game emcee Jenn Sterger has hired the Long Island-based law firm of LaRusso and Conway to advise her throughout the process. Sterger's manager Phil Reese says Wednesday the decision was made "after much deliberation."

Lawyer Joseph Conway said Wednesday his firm will advise Sterger "and pursue any potential remedies that may exist." Conway declined to comment further.
(espn)
lawsuit's a brewin'?
Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 09:57 am
@Region Philbis,
Not sure where this'll end up legally, but it's probably going to result in a payoff time. Lawyers make out (again).
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 12:30 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Brett Favre fined $50K by NFL

The NFL concluded its investigation into the Brett Favre/Jenn Sterger case Wednesday and said
that commissioner Roger Goodell "could not conclude that Favre violated league policies relating
to workplace conduct" but fined the Minnesota Vikings quarterback $50,000 "for his failure to
cooperate with the investigation in a forthcoming manner."

Goodell told Favre that if he had been found to have violated the NFL's workplace conduct rules
he would have been hit with a stiffer penalty.
(espn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 08:19 am

brent might've already played his last game on dec 20th, when he received a concussion.
that's the one injury they don't mess around with, and for good reason...
Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 08:56 am
@Region Philbis,
Maybe it would've improved his playing?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2011 08:09 am
@Region Philbis,
Well, stick a fork in him he's done. No more Favre-ish 'will-he-or-won't-he' debate - except for when some media reporter, starved for a story in the pre-season, takes another waltz around the floor.

One thing not to make light of is this issue with concussions. This really hits home when you see just how damaging these hits to the head really are. Maybe after a time when they balance out these medical 'can-not-play' orders, they'll have less damaged athletes and less damaged lives. No matter how many millions you get, can it be worth it if your brain is scrambled?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 04:12 am
@Ragman,

a day after his "last" Wink Wink game, more revelations of untoward behavior have surfaced...

Quote:
Masseuses sue Jets, Brett Favre
Two massage therapists sued Brett Favre on Monday, saying they lost their part-time jobs with
the New York Jets after complaining about sexually suggestive text messages from the veteran quarterback.

Claiming they were subjected to sexual harassment and job discrimination, Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole
are seeking unspecified damages from Favre, the Jets and a Jets massage coordinator.

While the women don't say they received any messages directly from Favre, he referred to Scavo in a message
proposing a meeting with her and a third, unidentified massage therapist, the lawsuit says.

"Kinda lonely tonight," he added in a subsequent message to the third masseuse, the lawsuit said.
"I guess I have bad intentions."

The team declined to comment. Favre's agent didn't immediately return a telephone message.
(espn)
Ragman

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 04:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Man what a mess! How can anyone tell what is his bad behavior from his illegal behavior? Is this someone else wanting to grab limelight and/or some of the fame/shame/piece of the money pie? What a fiasco! Brett, how can we miss you when you won't go away?

The jump-up issue here: where were these women's claims for the last 2 years? Why didn't they file the report/lawsuit 2 yrs ago? Things that make you say hmmmm! Time will tell where there's claims go or what legitimacy there is, but it smells a rat. The quote says, "While the women don't say they received any messages directly from Favre..." Hmmm?

Perhaps those hits to his head over time in the NFL have wiped out his ability to discriminate right from wrong (assuming there's a legit basis for the complaint)? So is this just Brett being Brett, huh?! Nahhh! I, for one, am done with the fascination. I think he's a train-wreck now. I wouldn't want my sister or family member near him.

Whatever happened to the Brett who was so supportive in the battle that his breast cancer-survivor wife was having a few years ago?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:25 am
@Ragman,

yeah, the timing of these lawsuits is odd.
i'm thinking he better stay retired this time, before he further embarrasses the NFL.
don't think his 'bad intentions' have a thing to do with the concussions he's had throughout his career.
also wondering what's up with the Missus in all this...
Ragman

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:50 am
@Region Philbis,
After reading about Deanna, Brett's wife, I think that they've been through so much tragedy and problems together, that she must writes it off However, this is a problem different than his addiction to pills and alcohol abuse.

I don't think he has too much control over his actions. Any wife or patrner deserves better especially with all that they have been through. If I were a betting man (one needs money for that activity), I'd say within a year or so they'll quietly part company. However, I can't begin to fathom why she has stayed with him even this far.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 11:19 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
If I were a betting man (one needs money for that activity), I'd say within a year or so they'll quietly part company. However, I can't begin to fathom why she has stayed with him even this far.
perhap$ it'$ becau$e he'$ been $uch a good provider all the$e year$?
Ragman

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 11:58 am
@Region Philbis,
Seriously. I think she's a believer in her religion (Catholic) and her vows rergardless of his behavior.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:14 pm

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6718/brentyj.jpg
0 Replies