panzade

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 03:22 pm
What a piece of work
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 02:36 pm
N.F.L. Is Reviewing Claims About Favre and Jets
Quote:
The N.F.L. has begun reviewing allegations made in an article published by the Web site Deadspin.com that Brett Favre sent graphic photos and suggestive messages to a sideline personality, Jenn Sterger, while both Favre and Sterger were employed by the Jets.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 06:08 am
@InfraBlue,

i read it was probably an imposter, someone pretending to be him.
brett's dumb, but he's not that dumb...

R(is he?)P
sozobe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 08:09 am
@Region Philbis,
Well, he might be.

I can imagine it going either way at this point. I tend to think it's true though (at least in part) because I think his response would be stronger if it was completely false. His response right now is "yeah whatever I have a game to focus on." Not an injured "I would NEVER do that, those people are scurrilous and will be hearing from my lawyers, anyway, I have to direct my anger into the game rather than wasting time talking to you guys about it..." that kinda thing.
JPB

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:02 am
@sozobe,
I'm thinking he probably is.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 12:13 pm
@JPB,

he might very well be, but i suspect his agent/advisor isn't.
could be they're waiting until tuesday to issue a statement...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 01:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
As you know, people like me are paid to Tweet. And so there are probably several people with access to the Favre account, or at least that would be expected at such a level of celebrity. And it would provide a great excuse -- my social media marketing team is looking into it/is under investigation.

That having been said, if he doesn't have people handling Twitter for him, he should.

I am available for freelance work. Call me Brett. Only $200/hour for you, sweetie. Act now, this special price is about to go up to $2000/hour. Just for you.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 04:30 pm
He is...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-favre

what a putz.
panzade

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 04:35 pm
@Rockhead,
you said it
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:04 am
@panzade,

brent done screwed the pooch alright...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 07:44 am
http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/favre_vikings_30-career-interceptions.jpg?w=500&h=300

Can anyone match Favre's skill in dismantling a come from behind victory?
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 05:47 am
@panzade,
Bret, Brett, Brett! Upuntil now, I said that you gotta love the drama. I respected the man when he shaved his head in support of his when she suffered through her treatments for breast cancer. But this current situation (illicvty pix sent to a former Jets employee) IF TRUE is beyond the pale. For his sake and the sake of his team let's hope it has no truth.

Why can't he just throw his usual picks instead of
sending cellphone pics?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:34 am
This is funny. And pretty accurate I think.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/15/AR2010101502801.html

Excerpt:

Quote:
Bizarrely, the only person whose actions in this whole fiasco ring remotely true is the creep in the No. 4 jersey. While the specifics couldn't be predicted, Favre's alleged revolting behavior and subsequent tear-filled apology to his teammates for being a "distraction" were as predictable as the quarterback throwing into double coverage late in a game. He's been warning us for years. Favre's public fall doesn't resemble the descents of Tiger Woods or Lance Armstrong, holier-than-thou icons whose comeuppances had more to do with their self-righteousness and hypocrisy than their sins. Favre was never that guy. He's always been a redneck, an egomaniac, an addict and an eternal child. Those shocked by the allegations haven't been paying attention. To paraphrase the philosopher coach Dennis Green, Favre is who we thought he was.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:40 am
@sozobe,

Quote:
The meeting between Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and NFL vice president for security
Milt Ahlerich on Tuesday has been completed, sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Details were not immediately available and the exact location of the meeting was not publicly disclosed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to confirm the meeting took place. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, did not return
messages left by The Associated Press.

The NFL wanted to meet with Favre over allegations that he sent lewd photos and inviting text messages and
voice mail to a female employee of the New York Jets two years ago, back when both were with the franchise.
The woman, Jenn Sterger, has not commented about the allegations posted on the Deadspin website.

Ahlerich and his security department have had no success in attempts to interview Sterger.
Without Sterger's cooperation the investigation could hit a dead end as early as this week,
sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen on Sunday.
(espn)
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:10 am
@Region Philbis,
I do think that element of this whole thing is pretty stinky.

If Sterger was upset/ traumatized by this and reported it, it's a big deal. Full stop.

But she's not even the instigator here. Some third party is, and she's like "leave me out of it." If she WAS actually upset/ traumatized and just wants to protect herself that's one thing. But if she just wasn't that bothered by it then third parties have no business making it a big deal IMO.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:24 am
@sozobe,

yeah, the only peep out of her since it happened has been through her spokesman --
Quote:
Phil Reese, the spokesman, said then, "We don't want a quick resolution, but the proper resolution."
(NYPost)

whatever that means...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:05 am
@sozobe,
I wonder how far the NFL's personal conduct policy goes into behavior such as infidelity and adultery.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:11 am
Well, here is the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy from ESPN:

NFL personal conduct policy

Quote:
General policy

Engaging in violent and/or criminal activity is unacceptable and constitutes conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League. Such conduct alienates the fans on whom the success of the League depends and has negative and sometimes tragic consequences for both the victim and the perpetrator.

The League is committed to promoting and encouraging lawful conduct and to providing a safe and professional workplace for its employees.

Persons covered by policy

The following persons ("Covered Persons") shall be considered subject to this Policy: (i) all players under contract; (ii) all full-time employees of the National Football League, its Member Clubs and related entities; (iii) all rookie players once they are selected in the NFL college draft; and (iv) all undrafted rookie players, unsigned veterans and other prospective employees once they commence negotiations with a Club concerning employment.

Prohibited conduct

It will be considered conduct detrimental for Covered Persons to engage in (or to aid, abet or conspire to engage in or to incite) violent and/or criminal activity. Examples of such Prohibited Conduct include, without limitation: any crime involving the use or threat of physical violence to a person or persons; the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a crime; possession or distribution of a weapon in violation of state or federal law; involvement in "hate crimes" or crimes of domestic violence; theft, larceny or other property crimes; sex offenses; racketeering; money laundering; obstruction of justice; resisting arrest; fraud; and violent or threatening conduct. Additionally, Covered Persons shall not by their words or conduct suggest that criminal activity is acceptable or condoned within the NFL.

Persons charged with criminal activity

Any Covered Person arrested for or charged with conduct prohibited by this policy will be required to undergo a consultation and additional counseling as directed. Failure to comply with the consultation and counseling (including being arrested for or charged with additional criminal activity during the evaluation and counseling period) shall itself be conduct detrimental to the National Football League and shall be punishable by fine or suspension at the discretion of the Commissioner.

Disposition of the criminal proceeding

Any Covered Person convicted of or admitting to a criminal violation (including a plea to a lesser included offense; a plea of nolo contendere or no contest; or the acceptance of a diversionary program, deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision, or similar arrangement) will be subject to discipline as determined by the Commissioner. Such discipline may include a fine, suspension without pay and/or banishment from the League. Any Covered Person convicted of or admitting to a second criminal violation will be suspended without pay or banished for a period of time to be determined by the Commissioner.

Persons engaged in violent activity in the workplace

Every employee is entitled to a safe and professional workplace free of criminal behavior, violence and threats against personal safety. Criminal conduct in the workplace or against other employees is prohibited. Any Covered Person who commits or threatens violent acts against co-workers, regardless of whether an arrest is made or criminal charges are brought, shall be subject to evaluation, counseling and discipline, including termination of employment.

Duty to report prohibited conduct

To ensure the effective administration of the policy, the League must be advised when a Covered Person engages in Prohibited Conduct. The obligation to report an arrest or criminal charge extends to both the person involved and to the Club or League entity for which he or she works.

When a person subject to this policy is arrested or charged with Prohibited Conduct, that information must be reported to the Club and NFL Security. Failure to report an incident will constitute conduct detrimental and will be taken into consideration in the final determination of discipline under this policy.

Appeal rights

Any person disciplined under this policy shall have a right of appeal, including a hearing, before the Commissioner or his designee. Except for the enforcement of a suspension, no other requirements set forth in the policy will be stayed pending the completion of the appeal.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:15 am
@InfraBlue,
my guess is, that it's the lewd photos that gets him.

they don't fly in the bible belt.

it will be a shame that his consecutive games streak ends because of little willie photos, and not a real injury.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 10:16 am
Regarding Favre's case, the policy only refers to sex offenses, presumably criminal ones.