To Be Called A Racist Is A Badge of Honor

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 06:35 am
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The title of this post honestly saddens me.

Cycloptichorn

We have found something to agree on!

So?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:59 pm
While I think Helms was only too happy to be one of the Left's leading bogeymen, if you believed their standard assessment of him you might believe he was leading lynch mobs, stomping homosexuals, and leaving young female staffers in a lakes to drown.

It's hard to argue though that some of his notions, at least during his early years, were not racist.

A product of his time and region? I don't know if anyone suggests same, but I think it would be a mistake to do so.

I think conservatives can find more admirable standard bearers than Jesse Helms.

We know that he, unlike Sen. Robert Byrd, was never a member of the KKK, because if he was, his membership would have featured prominently in most of his obituaries. It will be interesting to see if Byrd's KKK membership is mentioned at the time when he is remembered after passing.

It's not surprising that Ann Coulter would lionize Jesse Helms. She'll say just about anything to get a rise out of Liberals.

Helms was fiercely anti-Communist and to the degree the Left criticized him for his positions in this regard, their disapprobation was, indeed, a badge of honor

So while he, clearly, had a number of fine qualities that distinguished him from many of his fellow politicians, he was, also clearly, on the wrong side of Civil Rights in the 60's. While preservation of tradition is a worthy conservative goal, not all traditions are worthy of preserving.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 06:15 am
Byrd admitted to his racist history and recanted. What is now in his heart is not for me to guess, as long as he votes according to his stated view. I don't believe his obituary will ignore his past, but time will tell.
The left has only a faction or two that would defend Communism, other than as a way to rub the right's nose with it occasionally, but the people like Helms refuse to distinguish, preferring to paint all leftists as Communists.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 07:18 am
Quote:

Helms was fiercely anti-Communist and to the degree the Left criticized him for his positions in this regard, their disapprobation was, indeed, a badge of honor

Anti-Communist meant being in favor of apartheid and against Martin Luther King.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 07:40 am
Do the Boy and Girl Scout award these badges of honor?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:05 am
Miller wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The title of this post honestly saddens me.

Cycloptichorn

We have found something to agree on!

So?

It bears upon the subject to point out that Miller as Dr. KaK at Abuzz condemned Mel Brooks as a race traitor for marrying a woman who is not Jewish, Anne Bancroft. I'm sure Miller/KaK rests easier since the woman died of uterine cancer in 2005.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:06 am
I also suspect she has a case of the serious wet panties for the woman in her avatar.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 07:59 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Byrd admitted to his racist history and recanted. What is now in his heart is not for me to guess, as long as he votes according to his stated view. I don't believe his obituary will ignore his past, but time will tell.

We shall see

The left has only a faction or two that would defend Communism, other than as a way to rub the right's nose with it occasionally, but the people like Helms refuse to distinguish, preferring to paint all leftists as Communists.

You mean leftists like Castro?

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:16 pm
Wiggers suck. At least those without soul.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:18 pm
cj, please define Wigger...

(yer due for a vacation, mind you...)

Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:27 pm
It ain't my invention, granite brains.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Snoop-Dogg-in-W-I-G-O-U-T-De-wiggerfy-your-household
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:31 pm
Nope, yer just the maroon propagatin' it.

to puppets everywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

(a piece of advice, shooter. Know yer enemy...)

Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:33 pm
Spelling ain't your forte.

Come back another day.

And that video ---- seek counseling.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:37 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Spelling ain't your forte.

Come back another day.

And that video ---- seek counseling.

It appears that grammar isn't yours. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:39 pm
Check the dictionary. I'm quite sure "ain't" has made it in there by now.

"Maroon" on the other hand refers to an ugly color of an old Chrysler LeBaron. I think they sold a lot of those north of the border. You should pick one up.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 08:42 pm
Zachary, also a nice way of calling ya slow...

Ya lebaron you...

:wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 09:28 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

We shall see

Inflamitory rather than furthering the thought line.
To me, Castro is a mixed bag, some monsterous, some noble, and for everything he's done bad, the US and his predecessor did equal wrong.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 07:30 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

We shall see

To me, Castro is a mixed bag, some monsterous, some noble, and for everything he's done bad, the US and his predecessor did equal wrong.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 08:01 pm
Still.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 08:49 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Still.

And again
0 Replies