IMPEACHMENT HEARING IN WORKS?

blueflame1

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 07:48 pm
Congress too. Let's face it if Bushie is a war criminal then America is guilty. The most important thing is changing directions and that includes recognizing the cancer on the Presidency. After the Pentagon Papers America should never have been lied into another war. Our failure to face up, fess up then has allowed it to happen again. Like those who wouldn't admit their history were doomed to repeat that history. I see the American mainstream corporate fascist media as being the most guilty of all. Not to ignore rabid Rapturites and religios fanatics of course.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:00 pm
But one thing we can be thankful for is the simple fact that the many people I have personally met outside the US do not blame the American people for the war in Iraq. They seem to understand that that was the decision made by Bush.

I met a professor who operates tours to Iran, and he lives in both the US and Iran. He told me that the Iranian people like Americans, and welcome us when we visit their country.

It's an impression in direct contrast to what we think about Iranians; that they are extremist Muslims ready to start a war or terrorists attacks against us. Our media is also at fault for not sharing the truth about so many countries in the Middle East/Central Asia. Most Americans can't find Iran on a world map, and places like Turkmenistan doesn't even exist in their world.

The US media is already sounding the war drums against Iran; it's frightful.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:26 pm
Bushie didn't lie us into war by himself. Hoe bout Judith Miller and the New York Times and Meet the Press and the rest who helped Bushie spread his lies. How bout the Dems who ignored strobg evidence contradicting Bushie on WMD. People like Blix, ElBaradei and Scott Ritter who were the real authorities on the subject. How bout the god damn Rapturites who not only prayed for this war but are still praying for an escalation? There's no other way to put it. America is guilty and though not all Americans millions and certainly very many in power across the board. Failure to bring justice now will ensure history repeats imo just as it did from Vietnam to Iraq. Allowing mass murder to go free will doom another generation and empower the mass murderers. Failure to understand the progression will continue the progression. Never forget that the Bushies and cohorts armed and funded Hitler, Saddam and bin Laden over several generations. Never again can only come true when we admit what the history proves is true. This aint mere politics this is very obvious betrayal but evil as war for fun and profit. This is how THEY treat the human race. "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns" -- Henry Kissinger Architect of many American war crimes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 05:02 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Nancy Pelosi is a C*nt and that's all I have to say about that.

You have Pelosi confused with Cindy McCain.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 05:13 am
joefromchicago wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

You have Pelosi confused with Michelle Obama.

I fixed it for you.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:41 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

You have Pelosi confused with Michelle Obama.

I fixed it for you in the same half-assed way that I fix water softeners.

I fixed it for you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 08:01 am
You boys having fun?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 08:32 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It'd be fairly stupid for the Democrats to act at this point.

They've got a strong advantage going into the election, it can't be denied. The Republican base is demoralized, unsatisfied with the quality of their candidates or the policies of their party, and sitting on their checkbooks. The -last- thing the Dems would want at this point is to spark a huge partisan impeachment battle that might have the effect of galvanizing Republicans.

'sides, what would be the point? Even if they moved on it immediately, there's no way an impeachment trial would be over by the election anyway. ;p

Why not impeach them after the election? Or after Obama is in office? It isn't as if there is a time limit for it.

Cycloptichorn

Laughing

The penalty , if convicted , is removal from office.

So you want to remove him from office after he's done with his term?

Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 10:45 am
real life wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

They've got a strong advantage going into the election, it can't be denied. The Republican base is demoralized, unsatisfied with the quality of their candidates or the policies of their party, and sitting on their checkbooks. The -last- thing the Dems would want at this point is to spark a huge partisan impeachment battle that might have the effect of galvanizing Republicans.

'sides, what would be the point? Even if they moved on it immediately, there's no way an impeachment trial would be over by the election anyway. ;p

Why not impeach them after the election? Or after Obama is in office? It isn't as if there is a time limit for it.

Cycloptichorn

Laughing

Laughing

Really? That's the penalty?

Because, it seems to me, that Clinton was impeached in the House, but did not leave office. Funny, how did that happen, if you are correct?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
real life wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Laughing

Laughing
That is one of the penalties but it is not the only one.

From the impeachment of Bill Clinton
Quote:
Wherefore, William Jefferson Clinton, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:29 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
real life wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

Really? That's the penalty?

Because, it seems to me, that Clinton was impeached in the House, but did not leave office. Funny, how did that happen, if you are correct?

Cycloptichorn

Clinton was impeached but not convicted.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:36 am
Clinton was impeached but not charged with a crime, because it was based on a personal sexual matter. Now that the whole world knows about it, he's paid a high price for his secret.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:04 pm
bush will never be brought to accountability for his crimes. that's a fact. better to hit him where it hurts... his pride. talk about his presidency in the media, in books and publications, form groups that meet regularly everywhere, mention him at every possible juncture the very same way Hitler and the holocaust is mentioned and for the same reason..... so the world never forgets him, constantly villifiys him, and allows him to go down in history and penultimate evil criminal.

Wouldn't work with Cheney though. He embraces what he is.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:07 pm
BPB, Won't do any good; Bush is immune to shame and embarrassment. Also, history will repeat itself no matter how much exposure Bush Jr gets in our history books.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:07 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush will never be brought to accountability for his crimes.

No crimes have been committed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:11 pm
In the minds of the neocons, torture is not a crime.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:22 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush will never be brought to accountability for his crimes.

No crimes have been committed.

that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:23 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
BPB, Won't do any good; Bush is immune to shame and embarrassment. Also, history will repeat itself no matter how much exposure Bush Jr gets in our history books.

I have to disagree... I think bush is very concerned with how he's viewed and will think about it after he's out of office.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:40 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

I have to disagree... I think bush is very concerned with how he's viewed and will think about it after he's out of office.

He's shown a very funny way to show he is concerned; initiated and approved torture by the US, broke FISA laws, dropped habeas corpus, lied to Americans on more than several occasions, responsible for the worst economy of any modern president affecting the whole world, largest deficit in US history while giving tax breaks to the wealthiest, a war with no end in site that's costing over 2.7 billion every week while losing more of our men and women, lost many of our former allies, and he's concerned? You can't be serious!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:42 pm
Of course he's concerned CI. Given the opportunity he'd torture anyone that doesn't agree with him.
0 Replies