China eyes Iraqi oil

hanno

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 04:33 am
China View - Chinese firms bid for oil exploration in Iraq

How strange - I mean, I know this is an oversimplification, but, you know, seeing as how we wrecked up the joint - shouldn't we be getting the juice? I wouldn't call myself a protectionist, and definitely not an isolationist, but this rings foul. On one hand, how much more right could we have to anything than having kicked its owners ass, and on the other hand, China likes to throw wrenches in the free market when it can...

I'm not as angry as the situation, as the sum of its parts, would generally call for - I like the idea of ethanol as a matter of national posturing. To my mind the war has served its purpose, strong, weak, stable, unstable, esteem the Euro as you please, our currency's got blood on its muzzle! I would almost see an infusion of foreign petroleum at this point as a crutch. Could be, maybe a vindication of the principle of the war, that of having been pissed after 9/11, if we don't split hairs about the spoils. I see France et al getting their finger prints on our, shall we say accomplishment (bwahahaha!) as well. I don't know, too much to consider, but I've got an alright feeling about it...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 444 • Replies: 0
No top replies