Atheist soldier sues Army 'unconstitutional' discrimination

Fedral

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 09:32 am
I'll continue commenting once I have ready all the posted articles and the other linked articles. (Some of which I have never seen or heard of.)

Cyc, that one story you linked had links to about six other stories that I have to read first, so please bear with me.

I also want to read the articles posted by BBB, Set and BF, so give me a little bit to catch up.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:01 am
blueflame1 wrote:
DOD Report : Top Military Officials Endorsed Evangelizing In The Pentagon scrolldown "The United States military is now heavily influenced by para-church ministries that promote politicized, right leaning, religious ideological views, and that influence extends from the upper levels of the Pentagon down to the level of the military rank and file."

If this is true, it's really bad. It means that what the religious right has been attempting to do in public schools has been successfully carried out in the military.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 01:11 pm
Here's some more reading for you Fedral, which i posted in the other thread on this topic: Captain MeLinda Morton, a 13 year veteran of the Air Force, and formerly executive officer of the chaplain unit at the Academy, also alleged a fundamentalist atmosphere at the Academy.

Air Force Removes Chaplain from Post (the Washington Post)

Quote:
DENVER, May 12 [2005] -- An Air Force chaplain who complained that evangelical Christians were trying to "subvert the system" by winning converts among cadets at the Air Force Academy was removed from administrative duties last week, just as the Pentagon began an in-depth study of alleged religious intolerance among cadets and commanders at the school.

"They fired me," said Capt. MeLinda Morton, a Lutheran minister who was removed as executive officer of the chaplain unit on May 4. "They said I should be angry about these outside groups who reported on the strident evangelicalism at the academy. The problem is, I agreed with those reports."
0 Replies