If You Think Bush's Approval Rating is Bad....

DrewDad

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:11 am
cjhsa wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Americans want Congress to stop amnesty for wiretapping, give health care for kids, close down Guantanamo and work toward ending the war in Iraq.

Bullshit.

Translation: "Take my freedom, but leave me my guns!"
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:24 am
DrewDad wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Yeah, I guess with the surge in Iraq working and all his ratings should be better.

You mean the surge of money we're sending over there to bribe former insurgents into being good little boys?

No.

Our troops making insurgents DRT is what is working.
Support from everyone back at home is what is working.
Not allowing the Democrats and Liberal media to screw things up is what is working.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:31 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Yeah, I guess with the surge in Iraq working and all his ratings should be better.

You mean the surge of money we're sending over there to bribe former insurgents into being good little boys?

No.

Our troops making insurgents DRT is what is working.
Support from everyone back at home is what is working.
Not allowing the Democrats and Liberal media to screw things up is what is working.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17899543

Quote:

Once Insurgents, Now Allies

If it wasn't just the surge, how did it happen?

It could be, in part, exhaustion among Sunnis, tired of fighting and dying. Or also, in part, a cease-fire declared by the largest Shiite militia, others say.

But another part, and possibly the most significant, can be traced to the end of last May. That month, 126 U.S. troops died; it was the second deadliest month for U.S. forces during the war. Petraeus was under pressure to reduce those casualties.

"Petraeus seems to have concluded that it was essential to cut deals with the Sunni insurgents if he was going to succeed in reducing U.S. casualties," Macgregor says.

The military now calls those "deals" the Concerned Local Citizens program or simply, CLCs.

It's a somewhat abstract euphemism. The CLC program turns groups of former insurgents, including fighters for al-Qaida in Iraq, into paid, temporary allies of the U.S. military.

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:42 am
DrewDad wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Americans want Congress to stop amnesty for wiretapping, give health care for kids, close down Guantanamo and work toward ending the war in Iraq.

Bullshit.

Translation: "Take my freedom, but leave me my guns!"

Bullshit. Nobody is taking my freedom.

They can wiretap me if they want (they won't bother).
My kids have health care through my employer (get a job).
I won't spent any time in Gitmo because I ain't a Islamofascist enemy combatant.
The war in Iraq will end when it ends (Osamabama will make us look like fools)
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 01:08 pm
There is no evidence that the surge worked. Al-Sadr unilaterally put in a truce before the surge. Moreover, we are paying big money to insurgents to draw down.

Should Bush get credit for the growing peace in Afghanistan? Actually, conditions there are worsening by the minute, and the prognosis is terrible. He should be trying to find a way out as quickly as possible. After all, our war should have been with al-Qaida exclusively, and not with the Taliban, who did nothing to us.
0 Replies