Who is the creepiest person on A2K?

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 02:20 pm
agrote wrote:
All I can say to that is that I really am 21. I'm well-educated; that's why I write well.

I don't see any evidence of that. In fact, you didn't know the word turpitude . . .

agrote wrote:
I don't know what turpitude is... I don't think we have that word in the UK. It's not in my dictionary, anyway.

. . . and that post suggests to me an arrogance of you denying it was a word in English, and claiming that it isn't in your dictionary, based solely on your ignorance. Since you soon came back to admit that it is in your dictionary, i think you initially said that without checking.

You usually (but not always) write coherently. I don't see any evidence that you write well.

Quote:
I'm about to start a PhD in Philosophy; that's why my arguments are carefully honed.

Not only do i not see any evidence of that, i see a good deal of evidence to the contrary.

To the list of unsavory characteristics which you have displayed for us here, i guess i'll add an unwarranted conceit and an inflated egoism.

Do you have a problem finding hats in your size?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 05:43 pm
Setanta wrote:
To the list of unsavory characteristics which you have displayed for us here, i guess i'll add an unwarranted conceit and an inflated egoism.

He did explain that he's 21.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:31 am
Setanta wrote:
He's also chronically dishonest. In Boom's thread, he has said that he wants to have sexual relations with pubescent girls.

And I do. I want to but I won't.

Quote:
Here, he has a different story to tell.

What different story?

Quote:
It seems that as he continues at this site, he just give more and more reasons to despise him, and more and more reason to consider him fundamentally dishonest.

You don't have a single reason to consider me fundamentally dishonest.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:38 am
cyphercat wrote:
I agree with both shewolf and Robert Gentel that agrote's youth is worth bearing in mind (I think he's been consistent with the age he's claimed he is, for what it's worth). I also recall that he has very little experience in relationships, with girls of any age. I may be too trusting, but I think inexperience, shyness, and his young age are all playing a part in how he's feeling...

Good thinking. But you might have got the cause and effect the wrong way around... maybe I'm inexperienced because of my sexuality, and shy because of how I can expect to be treated if I am open about myself.

Quote:
It won't score me any points with the "you sick f*ck, I hope your eyes get scooped out" crowd, but I feel bad for agrote and I honestly think that he is not a bad person. For example, he tried for a hell of a long time to get through to hawkeye, on yet another rape thread from a while back. I think he's a confused and very young person-- I still hold out hope that as he gets older he'll come to find that his preferences age with him...

I appreciate this. Look everybody, it's possible to strongly disagree with me without treating me like a sack of ****!
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:43 am
Setanta wrote:
agrote wrote:
All I can say to that is that I really am 21. I'm well-educated; that's why I write well.

I don't see any evidence of that. In fact, you didn't know the word turpitude . . .

I didn't know the word turpitude, but I do have a degree in Psychology and Philosophyt from a prestigious university, and I am studying for a masters in Philosophy at said university. Which is enough to account for the fact that my writing style is such that some people thought I was older than I am.

Quote:
agrote wrote:
I don't know what turpitude is... I don't think we have that word in the UK. It's not in my dictionary, anyway.

. . . and that post suggests to me an arrogance of you denying it was a word in English, and claiming that it isn't in your dictionary, based solely on your ignorance. Since you soon came back to admit that it is in your dictionary, i think you initially said that without checking.

I checked, but not very carefully.

Quote:
You usually (but not always) write coherently. I don't see any evidence that you write well.

That's fine. The point is, I'm 21. Regardless of how clever I may or may not be.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm about to start a PhD in Philosophy; that's why my arguments are carefully honed.

Not only do i not see any evidence of that, i see a good deal of evidence to the contrary.

You see evidence to the contrary that I have a place on a PhD course that begins in October of this year? You must have been looking hard to find evidence which contradicts that.

Quote:

That's all fine by me. As long as you accept that I am a conceited, egotistical 21 year old.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:44 am
agrote wrote:
That's fine. The point is, I'm 21. Regardless of how clever I may or may not be.

No, the point i made is that you don't have any reason to claim that you write well. You don't.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You see evidence to the contrary that I have a place on a PhD course that begins in October of this year? You must have been looking hard to find evidence which contradicts that.

Do you get a nut from being obtuse, or are you just naturally dense? I suspect the latter. I not only do not see any evidence that your arguments are carefully honed, i see a good deal of evidence to the contrary.

Quote:
Quote:

That's all fine by me. As long as you accept that I am a conceited, egotistical 21 year old.

I don't give a rat's ass how old you are, apart from the fact that you are over the age of consent and lust for little girls who are not.

You claimed that you write well and advance carefully honed arguments. I not only do not see any evidence for either contention, i see a good deal of evidence not to believe either contention. My remarks had absolutely no reference to your age, they were only directed toward the unwarranted conceits you entertain about your intellectual accomplishments.

None of this surprises me though, i long ago learned that you seem unable to follow a simple, coherent series of remarks, and to respond to them appropriately.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:55 am
Vikorr suggested that, since I write well and my arguments are carefully honed, I may be older than I claim. I explained that my level of education and my subject of choice explain why my writing might be good, and why my arguments might be carefulyl honed.

If I don't write well and my arguments aren't carefully honed, that's fine. All the more reason to believe that I am only 21. I'm not going to try to defend my character or intelligence from your attacks. But my age is an indisputable fact, and the reason I started describing my educational background was so that vikorr and others might stop disputing this indisputable fact. My intelligence and literacy are, on the other hand, disputable.

Dispute away, don't let me stop you.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:57 am
This thread has become creepy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:04 am
a2k has become creepy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:13 am
then my work here is done.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:17 am
You're like, totally the best creeper-outer here.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
http://usersites.horrorfind.com/home/horror/unclecreepy/images/creepy59.gif
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
However, no need to retreat to a creephole..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:27 am
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/reviews/creepshow2.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:29 am
great flick (the original, that is...)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:54 am
agrote wrote:
You don't have a single reason to consider me fundamentally dishonest.

Oh yeah i do. Again and again and again people present you with logical refutations of your claims, and you still trot them out time and again, especially if you are addressing someone with whom you have not yet discussed them--as though we are all to goddamned stupid to read back and check up on you.

The issue of whether or not viewing images without paying for them creates a demand for images is an excellent case in point. In your thread, i pointed out to you, and Joe pointed out to you and others pointed out to you why viewing images, even though you don't pay for them, can build demand for the images. So you trot over to Boom's cannibalism thread, and start that old bullshit up again. In fact, at the top of page 10 of that thread, O'Bill gives a detailed explanation of why owners of web sites profit from showing images for which you are not required to pay . . . and on that same page you once again asserted that if you view images without paying for them, that does not create a demand.

You're either fundamentally dishonest or you're an idiot child.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:47 pm
Chai wrote:
then my work here is done.

Laughing She says, as she quietly withdraws into the shadows with a grin on her face........
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 01:33 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
a2k has become creepy

True that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:01 pm
DrewDad wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
a2k has become creepy