Madrid, The Prado, Now

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 06:19 pm
I've often pined to see the Prado for both the art and the recent architectural work.. but never more than now.

Here's Kimmelman on the new Goya show, ending July 13. My teeth hurt from wanting to see it.

I'll give the text but see the link, please, for the photos ---

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/02/arts/design/02abroad.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Visiting the Heights and the Depths, With Goya as Guide
The Prado Museum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,607 • Replies: 3
No top replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 09:28 pm
Indeed, it would be an incredible experience. Hot blooded, fiery passion explodes from the canvasses. One day.............

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:21 am
Ossobuco:

I LOVE the Prado! I spent 3 wonderful days looking at the paintings and sculpture. The Goyas were what I most wanted to see and also Velasquez and I was not disappointed. I did'nt think the monster painting looked like a Goya, and there was something written in the guide that there were some question of its authenticity. Long ago when I took art history I have longed to see the war paintings and the ruling family paintings. Wonderful. I hope you can see them sometime.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:24 am
Ahem,

I forgot to say I saw them in 2003....haven't seen the museum redo or been back to Spain since then.
0 Replies