Fantasty Football 2008

ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:14 pm
Hi all.......

Glad to be aboard. The Fighting Gerbils have had some time to rest up since Olympics and are chompin' at the bit to play football. Now if we can just figure out how to draft...........want to get someone really good for shortstop!!!

Tico..........thanks for the "squish" warning. We'll keep our eyes out for you!!
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah okay Osso. I think I remember you mentioning Padua before. And I can find Italy on the globe. Smile Haven't been there but it is on my 'to do before I die' list.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:32 pm
@Foxfyre,
If you and hub ever go there, let me know. I wouldn't mean to direct you, as I wouldn't want anyone directing me, but as a resource.

But Fb knows way more than I do. What a twiddip.

gads, I hope he knows I'm kidding.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 03:57 am
@ElStudHoncho,
Perhaps we can get a fantasy luge team together at some pernt ....
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:03 am
@ElStudHoncho,
ElStudHoncho wrote:
... Now if we can just figure out how to draft...........want to get someone really good for shortstop!!!

One trick I've heard -- and I don't really hear it all that often -- is to draft the best kicker early.

Neil Rackers is coming off the board in the early rounds this year.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:57 pm
I won't be able to meet for the draft this pm so I will accept an assigned team. The Fighting Gerbils are ready!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
I may just watch part of it, that's probable.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:08 pm
Fantasty Football 2008
One word. Redemption.
jespah

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:02 pm
@alex240101,
One word for me. Tenth place.

Oops, that's two.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:52 pm
@jespah,
I have had a long day at the shop. Knee deep in UVA students. But I hope to stay awake for a round or two of the draft. Good luck to everyone. May we find our lockers filled with the players we want.
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 08:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
Okay, once we got bounced out of the draft room, I couldn't figure out how to talk to anybody. Will figure that out another day. Thanks guys.....was really interesting watching my very first draft.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 08:24 pm
@Foxfyre,
I managed to get distracted and missed it. Could be just as well.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:00 pm
@ossobuco,
I didn't get everybody, but am moderately happy.

Denver?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:22 pm
@ossobuco,
So, I assume if I want another kicker (I listed at least six, what's with that? my list order, I suppose) I have to slip someone off my bench?)

Sigh.

Decisions already. But I did have favorites.

(The whining has started...)
jespah

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:24 am
@ossobuco,
Looks like I got the older Manning brother. And Plaxico; I think he was a Puppy last year if I recall correctly.

{begins extensive clicker training regimen and replaces Wheaties with kibble}
alex240101

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:15 pm
@jespah,
Hello jespah
Plaxico Buress is a former Spartan(that is a Michigan State University athelete). He single handedly beat my Wolverines.(University of Michigan) back in the day. He is prone to injury. If he stays healthy, you have a gem.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:47 pm
@alex240101,
I am just starting to work on how to navigate through the statstics available on Yahoo. But I did find this bit of info. If you click on the Match-Ups for Week #1 you will see the Projected Fantasy Points (PFP's) for each of our starting line-ups. This excludes our bench players and also considers the projected path of the games themselves. For example, if NFL team A, which has a superior pass defense, is playing team B, which doesn't have a good passing QB, whomever of us "owns" team A's Defense will get a few extra PFP's and whomever has the QB for team B will get fewer PFP's. The expectation is that QB will not get a lot of passing yards.
Based on this, we can get our 1st indicator of the quality of our teams.
In the top tier are the Biznitches (with 100 PFP's), Gerbils & Calgary (91), & Beers (90) . In the 80's are Turf (88), Tico (87), Cyclo & Owls (86), Wazoo (84), Ospry and Dognose (83) & Steve (82).
The Puppies' little legs are churning furiously but she comes in at 79. And way, way back there are the Necks at 71.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
sooooo (and thanks RJB). . . .I can expect my sturdy Night Owls to be neither at the top or the bottom unless I do some trading?
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:36 pm
@Foxfyre,
I'm generally pleased overall with how the computer interpreted my predraft rankings, and I like my team.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:55 pm
@Foxfyre,
Click on Your Team (My Team). You will note that thatniceyoungman Brandon Marshall will not be available for Week #1. A little legal issue or something. So the 1st thing you would want to do is put him on the bench and promote someone else to the starting position, Your PFP's will increase a bit.
Then go back to Your Team and hit Projected Stats below that and then hit Week 1-4. You have a pretty good team and you do not, in my opinion, need to go to the trading block. If you feel you are weak at one position, click on Players back up at the top and then the position (eg TE). You will see what players are out there at that position and what their PFP's are for Week 1-4. You could then drop a player and pick up the new one from the pool. That, rather than trade, is the usual method of adjusting your roster.