Fantasty Football 2008

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 01:40 pm
The Nightowls are the only team that didn't have any early games today. I'm sitting here staring at a big fat zero while the rest of you rack up points.

I just hope all the rest of you are hares and I'm a fast tortoise. Smile
alex240101

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:26 am
@Foxfyre,
That was a good match Foxfyre. To the end.
Another fantasy flippin loss.

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:30 am
@alex240101,
I honestly thought you had me, Alex. It was nip and tuck and we were tied or you were ahead a bit for the longest. I figured I was doomed when I lost Westbrook early yesterday. Green Bay was pitiful last night but the defense and my wide receiver managed to come up with just enough plays to tip the balance. Others will likely pass me tonight though since I don't have any players tonight.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:24 am
So I'm in a bind in a different league. Given the choice would you choose Trent Edwards from Buffalo or Cassel from New England?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:29 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
Those are your only choices?

Edwards.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:44 am
@McGentrix,
Pretty much. It is a big league so pickings are slim. I have D. Anderson and Bulger and was going to drop bulger and pick up Edwards, but someone just offered me Cassel for Bulger. There are more weapons on NE to throw to, but I just don't know if cassel can get it to them.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:46 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
FWIW I would go Edwards. I don't see Cassel playing the full season as the starter...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 09:52 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
I have Bulger in this league and he has definitely been under performing. There isn't anybody better available though without giving up one of my best runners/receivers and I can't imagine how I would benefit by doing that.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:02 am
@Foxfyre,
Yeah, running backs, in my opinion, are to valuable an asset to give up. It would have to be a pretty spectacular offer for me to part with a good RB.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:56 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

Yeah, running backs, in my opinion, are to valuable an asset to give up. It would have to be a pretty spectacular offer for me to part with a good RB.

'specially under our rule system, where they are the highest scoring players on your team in any given week.

I hope LT shows that he's healed up some tonight, as I need him to start getting me more then 4 points per week Twisted Evil

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:58 am
Is it Cassel who can't throw long passes or is it Rodgers? Or is it both?
I'd choose Edwards.

On another league I have Anderson as my substitute QB, and Rothlisberger as my starter. Oh, and New England's defense.
I don't know why I won this week (it's over for both teams).
I AM worried.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:50 pm
Gadzooks my team is stinky.

But they do have wonderful personalities.

At least, I think they might.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:07 pm
@jespah,
I knew better than to play Reggie Brown but I did anyway. My manager is stinky.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:13 pm
Great personalities. Yeah, that's it.
(But I do wish my quarterback was going for something more than Miss Congeniality.)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:16 pm
@Foxfyre,
I double checked Ryan, whom I like and is still available, but Bulger's numbers are (if I remember correctly) slightly better.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Well I have Orton too and he's been doing some better than Bulger. I think I'll start him in Week 4 and see how it goes.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:38 am
@ossobuco,
Osso: I sent you a trade proposal on the Yahoo site.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:56 am
@Ticomaya,
Interesting trade proposal. Offhand, no, but I'll think about it a few more hours.

Carlson's catches are apt to go down, and my TE, Keller, though having possibilities, is probably never going to get me serious TE numbers.
I could use Holmes, given his knee is ok. We'll see, I'll let you know today.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 01:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Tico, I considered it some more, and that's a "No, thanks."
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 02:06 pm
Anyone interested in Fantasy Hockey?